LIVE on Edge Apr 14 Western Caribbean

CC Help Jenn

Hey Everyone!

Not sure how many of you "know" me.  My name is Jenn and I work for Cruise Critic on the Community team.  I have been with Cruise Critic for almost 8 years now.  You can find me all over on the forums but most prevalent hanging out around the help forum and behind the scenes answering emails and sharing your community feedback to the tech team and the community manager to keep things running smoothly for you 🙂 

Celebrity has been reading your reviews/compliments/complaints and is listening.  They have been taking your feedback to heart and because of that I last minute decided to join the Apr 14 Edge sailing.   I’ve heard there will even be a special guest at the Connections Party to address some of these changes and to answer any other questions our members may have. 

I am brand new to Celebrity and a really excited to experience not only a new cruise line (to me) and a new ship.  In the past I have sailed Disney (mostly!), MSC, Norwegian, and Royal.  Im happy to share my thoughts and comparisons with you.  

Feel free to follow along.  Let me know if there’s anything I can check out or any questions I can get answered for you.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ll start with a disclaimer of sorts.  I don’t plan on doing a heck of a lot on board.  I’m traveling solo, without my husband and kids. I will have work to do and even though my coworker will be on board, she will be working as well.  When I’m not working I’ll be checking out as much as I can but most importantly relaxing 😎 I am also leaving the ship before most (Thursday) so that I can be home with my family for Easter.

So here we are, the night before sailing.  I’m flying in day of and the shuttle service is due to pick me up at 3:15am.  It’s now 11:20pm, I just finished packing (two suitcases!  I’m an over packer but I do have one filled with logo goodies for the Connections party) and I’m not even ready to sleep.  Tomorrow should be interesting. Nap on the plane perhaps!

We  recently got off of the Edge.  

We honestly thought about canceling before final payment because of all the negative comments on cruise critic.

We spent two weeks on board and loved it.   The ship is fantastic.  We don’t have any complaints except for the price to book another.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 4

Lol - we’re still awake @ 12:35 AM watching ‘The Mummy’ in our hotel room ... and checking the weather ... looking forward to boarding in less than 12 hrs ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have fun all on this sailing..

We are on-board at Thanksgiving and I will be very interested in the Dailies and ease of getting on/off ship in ports visited.

bon voyage

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Celebrity has been reading your reviews/compliments/complaints and is listening.  They have been taking your feedback to heart and because of that I last minute decided to join the Apr 14 Edge sailing.   I’ve heard there will even be a special guest at the Connections Party to address some of these changes and to answer any other questions our members may have. 

Hi Jenn.  Could you elaborate on this paragraph a little?  Has Celebrity been in touch with you.  Are they comping the cruise?

• Like 1

We also enjoyed our Edge cruise. Curious if they are considering making the folding doors in the IV air tight to allow the AC to stay on, and putting blackout curtains on the inside of the folding doors to allow access to the veranda in the early morning without disturbing your partner? These two changes would make the IV much more acceptable to cruisers! Downsizing the bed to a queen would give them room to enlarge the veranda, allowing for normal lounge chairs and a larger table. I loved the IV concept, but it needs help. Will be following your thread to read of any improvements they mention. Enjoy your short cruise!

• Like 2

Thanks, Jenn!  Will be following along to see what changes are being made. I've sailed her 4 times (1 regular and 3 short cruises) and am booked for next year on the Edge and Apex the following year. Love the ship and have watched glitches being corrected over the last 5 months and hopeful for more changes.

Some questions, if you talk with people who can answer such questions:
1) I am interested in changes in Apex - changes in Infinite Veranda size and bifold door, coffee tables in cabins and better balcony furniture for sky suites, wind shields for Magic Carpet and Roof Top Garden, full bar in the Retreat Lounge (instead of just bar service).

2) I am also interested in Edge III, if they have any comments on any structural changes, such as an additional lounge, changes in cabins.

3) As far as the Edge - Feedback from their guests? What are the main issues they are identifying? Are they having trouble filling cabins? Not sure if they will be able to answer candidly onboard, but may have some insight.

Relax and enjoy the Edge!! 🙂

• Like 2

Well I never got to sleep before my airport shuttle arrived.  I did sleep on the plane however.   Today should be interesting.  Flight was rocky but otherwise uneventful 

63F602B6-C8BA-48F9-B309-C4E099455BCF.jpeg

Boarding was fast, and that was without me printing my pass ahead of sailing. Very smooth.    I decided to just meander around but needed coffee.  Stopped by the Spa Cafe for a small bite and some go-juice ️ 

13F993D9-C717-443A-918B-43BA1103D67F.jpeg

• Like 1

Following. Thanks for posting your live review, Jenn. We board on the 28th for the TA, so I look forward to reading your impressions. I also look forward to hearing how Celebrity will address the issues VT mentioned in her post. I hope you have a wonderful time, despite having to work😎

• Thanks 1

Hi Jenn... 

You are so helpful to many of us..I am personally  grateful for your quick responses and help! Hope you enjoy your cruise! Which itin is it?  What type of cabin are you in?

.We had an IV AQ class cabin in Jan and enjoyed our cruise...For us, lack of shade and wind barriers outside were issues, and there's a  need for  better acoustics in public areas and BLU... glad Celeb is listening!  We'll be back on in Nov ...hopefully to see some changes,

Cruise Critic reps used to be at the Connections parties more in the past on X and Royal....really perked things up...loved the giveaways! 

Have fun...try to book the spa or at least the thermal suite! 

18 hours ago, mnocket said:

Hi Jenn.  Could you elaborate on this paragraph a little?  Has Celebrity been in touch with you.  Are they comping the cruise?

This is a working cruise for me as well as my coworker from the editorial team 🙂

We did communicate with Celebrity when we finalized plans to be on board

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Hi Jenn... 

You are so helpful to many of us..I am personally  grateful for your quick responses and help! Hope you enjoy your cruise! Which itin is it?  What type of cabin are you in?

.We had an IV AQ class cabin in Jan and enjoyed our cruise...For us, lack of shade and wind barriers outside were issues, and there's a  need for  better acoustics in public areas and BLU... glad Celeb is listening!  We'll be back on in Nov ...hopefully to see some changes,

Cruise Critic reps used to be at the Connections parties more in the past on X and Royal....really perked things up...loved the giveaways! 

Have fun...try to book the spa or at least the thermal suite! 

I have the same type of cabin as you did. IV AQ.  I’ve not been onboard a full day and have noticed lack of shaded areas at least on the top decks.  I’d be interested to know if they’re contemplating wind barriers.  I’ll submit that question (plus all of the others asked) for the Connections Party Q&A

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I have the same type of cabin as you did. IV AQ.  I’ve not been onboard a full day and have noticed lack of shaded areas at least on the top decks.  I’d be interested to know if they’re contemplating wind barriers.  I’ll submit that question (plus all of the others asked) for the Connections Party Q&A

Thanks...btw we enjoyed our IV...turned our  veranda chairs inward..It was like a nice little sunroom..used 2 of the Hoppen pillows on the chairs...very comfy!

• Like 1

After second lunch 4C8B5579-861B-4511-9F38-6F02140218DF.jpeg

I toured the ship and ran into my coworker Ashley and a friend.  We decided to taste test one of the interesting drinks from Eden

0CE50D96-218A-4983-AD9C-A02CE95B63F0.jpeg

They were very tasty though some drinks on the menu were a tad pricey 

After that we had a very interesting muster drill — entertaining!   

We met up with some folks from our roll call for an informal meet during sail

away. Chatted a bit.  

I finally saw my room after that.  Was a busy day.  Got to unpacking and now just left my room so it can ge turned down 🤪. I don’t have dinner until 8:45 at Le Petit Chef, so you can guess what that means.  More coffee!!!  Hopefully a good nights sleep tonight will chase away the cobwebs 

90B33C06-09C5-425A-8177-D22AAE30912B.jpeg

F8E257AD-8773-4989-AA0C-442AC4B9308A.jpeg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, vtcruising said:

1) I am interested in changes in Apex - changes in Infinite Veranda size and bifold door, coffee tables in cabins and better balcony furniture for sky suites, wind shields for Magic Carpet and Roof Top Garden, full bar in the Retreat Lounge (instead of just bar service).

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

We board on the 28th for the TA, so I look forward to reading your impressions. I also look forward to hearing how Celebrity will address the issues VT mentioned in her post.

3 hours ago, hcat said:

For us, lack of shade and wind barriers outside were issues, and there's a  need for  better acoustics in public areas and BLU...

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I would like to know if Celebrity intends to install wind screens for the Magic Carpet and Rooftop Garden on Edge herself.

I had dinner at The Rooftop Garden Grill while aboard Edge from 10 to 17 March...  During a conversation with the Maitre 'D, he told me that plans are already underway to enclose the restaurant [not sure if that means just wind barriers or some sort of roof for all-weather guest dining shelter, in hindsight, I should have asked] to address wind and soot [when I arrived, the staff was cleaning the white upholstered chairs] issues...  And in fact, he told me he thought the work might well be completed before I board again two weeks from today for the Transatlantic...

We'll see!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Xport said:

I had dinner at The Rooftop Garden Grill while aboard Edge from 10 to 17 March...  During a conversation with the Maitre 'D, he told me that plans are already underway to enclose the restaurant [not sure if that means just wind barriers or some sort of roof for all-weather guest dining shelter, in hindsight, I should have asked] to address wind and soot [when I arrived, the staff was cleaning the white upholstered chairs] issues...  And in fact, he told me he thought the work might well be completed before I board again two weeks from today for the Transatlantic...

We'll see!

Thanks! That’s great news. We have plans to dine there, and hope we’ll not end up wearing one another’s food and beverages😂  See you at sail away😎

15 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks! That’s great news. We have plans to dine there, and hope we’ll not end up wearing one another’s food and beverages😂  See you at sail away😎

Having read early reviews that mentioned wind issues, I strategically reserved my dinner at The Rooftop Garden Grill so as to coincide with our late port call--we didn't sail until 11:00--in San Juan...  As luck would have it, the weather that evening was glorious with moderate temperatures, low humidity, and a light breeze; it could not have been nicer...

Look forward to meeting you aboard very soon!

• Like 1

Could you please provide information from the "Spotlight" which outlines Captain, Senior Officers and Staff.  I know they do not print them but if you could obtain the info and provide it here that would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Love it Michelle, I wore Jeff’s beer and out neighbors our salad on the January 20th cruise.  Last week the winds were much kinder but we did not book up there.  Wish we had as our two Speciality restaurants down below were not our favorites. We had a delightful lunch on Saturday at Raw on Five, try not to miss that.  Also having a drink on the Magic Carpet day time is quite lovely.  K