LIVE on Edge Apr 14 Western Caribbean

CC Help Jenn

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Love the EDGE AQ class shower and CO Bigelow  Products

Can you tell us the name of the Creperie in GC?  

Are you going to try any crepes in the Bistro on EDGE?

3 hours ago, Von & John said:

Crepes are amazing...

Does your secret Creperie also serve Savory Crepes?

I may try Bistro if I have time 🙂

the Creperie in Grand Cayman is at the Bayshore Mall area and serves both sweet and savory.    I just realized it’s been 4  years. I am in need of a visit 

http://www.caymancreperie.ky/

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I worked much of the day.  

I did break for a light lunch from the Oceanview Cafe

CC7A1CE9-5D7B-497E-B458-D7976C667B8A.jpeg

and caught some sun and a movie at the rooftop garden

3B93AC36-BFBF-411E-9BA4-F9CAFC499C1C.jpeg

The pizza was really good!  I know it’s hard to find good pizza at sea so I’m impressed. 

A reoccurring theme you’ll notice is me finding spots on the ship to relax.  There’s a lovely area on Deck 4 outside of Eden.  It has tables and chairs plus some lounge type chairs.  It’s covered and a great quiet spot.  

325E14FA-E410-4306-A616-097F2BA75446.jpeg

Hi Jenn, thanks for your wonderful review but that area outside Eden is deck 5, not deck 4.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Thanks Katie. Though I hope they've added screens by then, we'll definitely be prepared to hold onto our drinks & take evasive action😂 We're also booked for the other two specialty restaurants, so I hope they fix their issues very soon! We enjoy Sushi on Five, so we'll check out Raw on Five, and we definitely hoping to have a drink on the Magic Carpet. I've also got my eye on Le Grande Bistro. Can't wait to check out several items their menu. Wish you and VT could join us, but I bet you'd both want Suzy's suite😜 Cheers! M

We would love Suzy’s suite, but we were quite happy in our AQ cabin.  I’d do breakfast at Le Grand Bistro instead of lunch, for us it was too heavy for lunch. On the other hand Raw on 5 was perfect for us for lunch.  Good luck with the Rooftop Grill, wish we booked it on our recent cruise but after January experience no way.

We were sad to leave on Sunday but J had Mohs surgery today on his ear, 4 hours.  I had a farewell lunch with my Naples’ BFFs as two head north Wednesday😢.  We head back to Cape Cod on May 18th and will be happy to be “home” in MA.

Looking forward to hearing from you and Suzy about your TA.

Katie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Dinner was casual chic again.   Still not sure what that means 🙂

715796FD-14EB-43B1-82B4-CB885154042B.jpeg

I feel like a cocktail dress is always appropriate.  Many women were similarly dressed or a nice pant and top.  Men wore pants and nicer tees or collared shirts.  Nothing much fancier for either. 

Jenn, your dress is gorgeous, and you look lovely, and quite chic😊  Thanks so much for posting menus, photos, and observations about the dining & entertainment venues. I can't wait to use that track😎  Cheers! Michelle

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 3

The acrobatic show in the Club is repeated about every night.  

There is also a Edenist show about every night starting at 10  in Eden that runs until 11:20.    They do acrobatic, gymnastic and contortions along with goofy fun, strange audience participation.  

Be sure to check out the morning breakfast and lunch in the Eden Cafe.   The soups, salads and sandwiches are really nice for lunch and the servers there are great.  The cookies and brownies are really worth the calories.  They also have regular coffee for free, and serve espresso drinks for a fee.   There is inside and outside seating. 

For those that like the shower panel in AQ and want one it is  Bossini.   I am redoing our bath and my wife said she wants one.   It is about $2200.   I haven’t really checked any further into it but I think there may be a problem with the connection as it is made with European size pipe and threads.   I don’t know if there are adaptors for use with US standards or if there are any differences.    

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

08C1A6F9-8435-42B2-B2FF-1F363A906790.png4988E19B-0185-432B-9EE6-82AF9116C851.png

Very much enjoying your review and hope you have a little fun onboard besides all the work you have to do!!

Question about these wine menus...must be an error on serving sizes or prices because a 375ml pour is equal to 12.5oz and is basically half of a standard bottle.  Basically, at those prices you could buy two glasses and finish the bottle for much cheaper than the cost of buying the bottle.  Am I seeing this incorrectly??  Just doesn't make sense to me...

1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Very much enjoying your review and hope you have a little fun onboard besides all the work you have to do!!

Question about these wine menus...must be an error on serving sizes or prices because a 375ml pour is equal to 12.5oz and is basically half of a standard bottle.  Basically, at those prices you could buy two glasses and finish the bottle for much cheaper than the cost of buying the bottle.  Am I seeing this incorrectly??  Just doesn't make sense to me...

Thank you.  I’ve got to hand it to our members who take the time on their vacations to post live or to come home and review. It takes much time and dedication to do so.  Our members are the best. 

I do think that is bottle, not serving size.  Most pours seem to range from 3.5-5 Oz 😊

• Like 2

Hi Jenn,

Luv your review.  It answers a lot of questions for us. 

We have been asking for some info regarding the Asian Fry station.  I have read that it exist but no review so far.

Would you kindly post some pictures and what they are offering?

Thank you much!!!

4 hours ago, Welland said:

Thanks for the Senior Officers bios.

This was a  great help. Not easy to read the bios  horizontally  on the TV...hope you let X know.

Damian is a great C.D.  When he joined EDGE , things  improved instantly over prior EDGE  reports.  He and all the Officers on our Jan cruise were so welcoming at the Cruise Critic get together in EDEN and all through the cruise!

Really enjoying your review...great witing style and pics...

Edited by hcat

13 hours ago, Oville said:

We were sad to leave on Sunday but J had Mohs surgery today on his ear, 4 hours.  I had a farewell lunch with my Naples’ BFFs as two head north Wednesday😢.  We head back to Cape Cod on May 18th and will be happy to be “home” in MA.

Looking forward to hearing from you and Suzy about your TA.

Katie

Katie...hope all good with your husbs ear....enjoy the rest of your Spring!

10 hours ago, Jesseslola said:

Hi Jenn,

Luv your review.  It answers a lot of questions for us. 

We have been asking for some info regarding the Asian Fry station.  I have read that it exist but no review so far.

Would you kindly post some pictures and what they are offering?

Thank you much!!!

I actually haven’t seen it. I’m guessing it’s probably in Oceanview.  I’ll take a hard look tomorrow 

9 hours ago, hcat said:

This was a  great help. Not easy to read the bios  horizontally  on the TV...hope you let X know.

Damian is a great C.D.  When he joined EDGE , things  improved instantly over prior EDGE  reports.  He and all the Officers on our Jan cruise were so welcoming at the Cruise Critic get together in EDEN and all through the cruise!

Really enjoying your review...great witing style and pics...

I met Damian for the first time today at the Connections Party.  He was very nice and had great things to say about all of you, our members.   I did take video from the Q&A he hosted.  That may have to wait until I’m home on Thursday night or Friday to post because of the speeds here. 

Today was a sea day and our Cruise Critic Connections Party.  It was a really busy day so I may post over tonight/tomorrow with the details.  

I ordered breakfast from room service today.  I used the door hanger.  I treated myself to blueberry pancakes and bacon 🙂   

image.jpg

F8386D0D-4F26-4422-B777-B59DC206E3C2.jpeg

Someone called to let me know that it was on the way which is a very nice touch.  Also about an hour after delivery I received another call asking if everything was as expected.  Great service. 

Important  to note, if you are used to signing a slip and adding a tip for room service, there was no slip to sign.  If you’d like to tip for this service you’d need to have cash on hand. 

Next up Connections Party.  I arrived 20 mins early thinking I’d have time to set up a raffle and mingle with members as they came in.  I think at least 50 of our members beat me to it 🤪.  I don’t know if it was the promise of a t-shirt raffle or if everyone was just excited to meet one another but everyone was EARLY (I’m guessing the latter) 

Remember those bios from my earlier post? Every single one of the senior officers attended, including the captain!  I was lucky enough to be introduced to everyone.  They were all so kind, open, and welcoming.  Damian hosted a Q&A from questions submitted on this thread and the roll call thread.  The captain, hotel director, and Brian Abel, Sr VP of Hotel

Operations (shoreside for all of Celebrity’s ships) made themselves available to answer the submitted questions and also any live questions that our members had.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  

There was a fantastic roll call group on this sailing.  One member made bookmarks for everyone and another planned a cabin crawl.  Everyone had been chatting on Cruise Critic since 2017!  So much anticipation for this cruise. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

As I mentioned, Ill post the videos from the Q&A at a later time.  I’ll also try to summarize them when I post them

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My coworker from our editorial team was having brunch with Mr Abel to go over the changes made to Edge since launch, plus any future changes made from guest / Cruise Critic member feedback.  I was invited to join so I jumped at the chance.  Most of this info was discussed at the Connections Party so it wasn’t secret 🙂 Ashley is writing a piece summarizing the changes I will share with you but you’ll also get most of the info when I post the Q&A videos and summary. 

We had brunch at Le Grande Bistro. Brunch was actually something new added on Edge post launch based on feedback.  The cost is $39.  The brunch is mostly buffet with breakfast and lunch choices.  You can also get made to order crepes and omelets.  Thank you for saying to get the crepes!  Holy cow they were delicious!  

From the buffet I chose a salad (boring I know but I do try to eat my vegetables!) quiche Lorraine, filet mignon, and broccoli.  We also had a basket of French fries to share, they’re made fresh in this restaurant.  The only place on the ship with fresh made fries!  We also shared a plain crepe and a sweet crepe with Nutella and strawberries. 

A831EE70-0BB7-4851-9E89-55F66FD2B227.jpeg

F6E102F2-B085-4B8B-8A31-59E8C57FD1B6.jpeg

69E9784A-7153-41E9-A458-DB7F7D13EC52.jpeg

799B0FA4-B40A-444C-B3EF-AEC95F8893CF.jpeg

C5C5AE44-E590-406E-93B4-7ED1DF6F35C1.jpeg

2F69EAB0-DA8B-46D7-B419-BBD7E03574D8.jpeg

As with all of the food I have had this far, everything was delicious.  The crepes are amazing and huge. You want to come hungry or share 😋

After brunch I headed back to my stateroom to get some work done. I bet that’s not what most of you do on sea days 🤪 but I’m on a working trip so that’s what I do. I don’t know if I mentioned, but  I’m in an aqua class cabin.  Daily these cabins are delivered canapés and today they included the best marinated olives and curried chicken salad! Nice afternoon pick me up.  This is definitely a ship for food lovers  

B167A604-1F7D-4862-AF03-CCFCFC9C7245.jpeg

Later in the afternoon I was invited to join the last portion of a behind the scenes ship tour so I was able to see the Bridge!  All of my years cruising and this was a first.  If you find the workings of a cruise ship interesting the entire tour sounded amazing.  The group seemed to really enjoy themselves.  

The bridge portion of the tour was really interesting to me. We were given info on how the azipods, ballasts, and anchors work, how the bridge crew is scheduled, and what their duties are.  The great views were an added bonus 

B5922A5F-FA39-4A86-8DB1-DEC9417329F9.jpeg

3CE95901-9FCF-4386-81F9-443EA450FDA9.jpeg

0A9CD91E-12B3-4499-8263-920AB9967B14.jpeg

AD29C472-3D32-4D99-BCB8-7FD43FBD7CC5.jpeg

Tonight was Chic night!  We had dinner in Eden and then stayed for the show  It was fun.   I’ll share more tomorrow.  I have an early breakfast. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow.. you are having a  very full week on EDGE..thanks for sharing!

Bistro Brunch looks amazing! Do they offer the Bistro brunch every day or just certain ones?  Will we need res?  I do not see a way to pre book on the X website  in my cruise planner where we booked our other dining res for Nov. But we'll check it out onboard.

We do not want to miss that....in January we missed the time for the crepe menu...  We  plan to go there for lunch  at least once in additon to brunch! ( more trips to the gym for us!)

We also  enjoyed lunch at the EDEN CAFE ( you line up, like a deli take out)....if you have time, suggest you try it...Great concept, fresh  food, nice  breads!..

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, hcat said:

Bistro Brunch looks amazing! Do they offer the Bistro brunch every day or just certain ones?  Will we need res?  I do not see a way to pre book on the X website  in my cruise planner where we booked our other dining res for Nov. But we'll check it out onboard.

We do not want to miss that....in January we missed the time for the crepe menu...  We  plan to go there for lunch  at least once in additon to brunch! ( more trips to the gym for us!)

We also  enjoyed lunch at the EDEN CAFE ( you line up, like a deli take out)....if you have time, suggest you try it...Great concept, fresh  food, nice  breads!..

It looks like Brunch is held on the two sea days!  It mentions needing a reservation. Perhaps it’s only able to be booked on ship at the time since it’s new. 

4BE21D9F-1816-4762-B0B3-3A194FCB1553.png

I was given the same Eden lunch tip from someone on the ship as well.  I hope to visit today.  I want to go ashore if nothing else to tender using the magic carpet 🙂   Fingers crossed I’m back in time for lunch

• Like 1

The made to order crepes were nice on LGB - reminded me of Bistro on 5 - I had them make me one as close to the Italian that B on 5 used to have - so good![emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

More of day 3!  After finishing up some more work after the bridge tour I decided it was time to RELAX.  I didn’t have dinner until 8:15 so there was time.  I went to the Sea Thermal Suite and spent 3 glorious hours reading on a heated tile lounger. I also went into a few of the many room experiences available. No pictures because I completely unplugged. Hopefully I find time to visit again today since I cut this cruise short and leave tomorrow (Seriously second guessing my choice to be a responsible wife and mother to be home for the Easter weekend 😂)

After feeling the most rested I realized I had only 40 minutes to get ready for Chic night.  This is in lieu of traditional formal night I assume. I saw everything from cocktail dresses to long cocktail type dresses. Suits with and without jackets.  No gowns or tux that I saw but I don’t think you’d feel out of place wearing either. 

Dinner at Eden. This is a dinner experience.  The cost is $65. The Edenists are performing around the restaurant and lounge during this time (not the show, just performing and engaging if you like) 

You start your journey into Eden with a palate cleansing drink.  I am not sure what it was exactly but fruity tasting but not overly sweet.  

The Eden menu is a 5 course meal where you choose one dish from the two offered for each course.   If for a particular course nothing strikes your fancy you’re welcome to substitute with a dish from one of the other courses.  They also work with allergies and dietary restrictions but it’s best to let them know in advance as everything in this restaurant is prepared as you order.  

A31953BD-F665-46DA-8AF6-971BB9450D05.jpeg

E732CCB4-E467-42A0-BEF4-E51E39D72714.jpeg

After ordering you are given another palate cleanser.  This strawberry was filled with a vermouth gelatin. 

8F39662D-AB16-466A-B265-AB74B2EDEC87.jpeg

First Course.  I went with the lobster.  I’m generally not a big seafood eater but I always say if I’m going to enjoy something I don’t enjoy eating at home that the best place to try is in an on board restaurant such as this.   The lobster had a crispy coating, tomato and orange segments, and tomato water rain drops.  It was good.    The taste of the dish was lovely and light. 

9BF0EF6A-C0C3-49CA-B0A8-57D0B13FB49F.jpeg

Second course I chose cantaloupe with a red aji (red chili pepper) sauce.  It was so different.  I loved the fruit and spicy combo.  It wasn’t overly spicy and the flavors really complimented each other well. 

072494E1-7D5A-4081-BDD7-C90F0CC96EAE.jpeg

I wasn't feeling having another seafood course when I'm only lukewarm on seafood so I chose my next two dishes from the fourth course portion of the menu. 

My third course was the striploin with Bearnaise.  Like the steak from Le Petit Chef this steak was amazing!!  Perfectly cooked and full of flavor.   

E5EC2DD7-DDAD-465E-82E0-DC658E07B421.jpeg

My fourth course was pork over polenta with mushroom. There were also pieces of crispy pork belly.  Again another extremely well prepared dish.  

265316BF-1538-48BE-936A-1DBC609B3968.jpeg

And dessert!  

I went with Looking Glass which is pistachio cake and chocolate.  Lots of chocolate!  It was decadent and very rich.  

28C15A4C-9446-4F1B-8141-5820BCFE478F.jpeg

We were also presented with this fun and tasty dessert. 

• Like 2

For the finale of day 3 we decided to stay in Eden for the evening show.  It was so different than anything I’ve seen at sea.  Immersive even if you don’t participate because of the intimacy of the space.  The show ran about 1 1/2 hours. 

I only have the one short video and no pictures.  I guess I was enthralled.  I did get up when asked by an Edenist (you can say no!).  I’m not usually a joiner but I figured why not, if only in the name of giving it a shot.  It was a fun(ny) experience, running through Eden in your Chic wear and heels  😂

next up — what did I wear?

During the day there was a general sense of more relaxed wear.  Perhaps because it was a sea day and everyone was relaxing!

I started the day in Connections Party wear. Most at the party were cruise casual.  I wore a skirt because I don’t have a fondness for shorts on my own person. Just a preference.  

6B1595E4-2C18-48D5-8E74-8C014FE012C8.jpeg

Since I was having brunch I thought best to look a little on the smart side. Everyone at our table was dressed equally as smart but most of us had meetings to attend.  Everyone else in the restaurant was cruise casual. Shorts/Tops/Skirts/casual dresses. 

2A13F0F2-EF11-4F3C-BD8D-E63E76D69E26.jpeg

I had no idea what to wear to the Sea Thermal Suite.  I mean I knew I would wear my swim suit but had no idea what I’d be doing on the way there or back 😂. I know I grossly over think this and it’s the main reason I overpack. I defaulted to my beach cover dress. I didn’t feel underdressed walking through the ship. 

5C23034E-71D0-4B04-83CC-FC11DEAF23A6.jpeg

And finally chic night.  I went back and forth between a black jumpsuit and a black cocktail dress.  The suit won!  I never have occasion to wear it so why not!

Many people followed with their nicer attire.  There were plenty of fancier cocktail dresses and jumpsuits and pantsuits on the ladies.  A skirt and nice top would work.  Some men had jackets but not all.  Some just wore a button shirt and pants.  I did see a few polo shirts as well.  What everyone wore seemed to run the gamut from business and cruise casual to a step below formal.  I did not run into ball or floor length gowns or tuxes. There may have been some, just didn’t see any.  If that’s what you want to wear I don’t think you’d stick out.  Pretty much wear what you’re happy in unless it’s swimwear 😂

76C6DA09-11D6-499E-8834-2DF997F6FF80.jpeg

I swear I’ve never taken so many selfies in my life 🙂.  I should have made my daughter give me selfie lessons.  I do hope it helps though because I was searching and searching through photos on the boards to figure out what to pack and how to dress. 

• Like 6