Whisper Cape Town to Greenwich - a segmenters view

Silver Spectre

6 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Not sure who writes the port commentary in the Chronicles, but I would think most Brits would object to being called Limeys, especially in the context of the 16th and 17th centuries!

Well so long as the Americans were referred to as Perfidious Tax-dodging Rebels, I don’t see a problem...

Rp

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mont-St. Michel... What an amazing sight! We visited back in the day when you could drive the causeway yourself, park, and walk in. The architecture and the planning which went into building such a masterpiece atop a small rock really left an impression on us. Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Mont-St. Michel... What an amazing sight! We visited back in the day when you could drive the causeway yourself, park, and walk in. The architecture and the planning which went into building such a masterpiece atop a small rock really left an impression on us. Thanks for sharing! 

As you are probably aware there is now a bus park and a shuttle that stops on the bridge just short of the entrance. I will share more photos when we get back to Internet civilisation.

37 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

We have just crept into the Thames after passing through the Estuary 

Have arrived already at my usual spot.... far too early . You’ve not even reached Tilbury yet and I’d say that’s 30 mins from there to here!

Look out port side. Will be at front at beginning then stern to the bridge. Hoping active track works this time!!

Wave!

• Like 2

I spotted someone on the Panorama terrace in yellow trousers, joined by a lady passenger waving frantically at one point..... Hope they get to see. I'm just starting to edit now. Whilst I know I've still room for improvement and the active track worked but not as intended, I can say this is by far the best I've done by a country mile. Hope you like the choice of music.... which I thought was fitting.

Nice photo..... I did a similar but video on the Silver Cloud in Amsterdam setting off and doing a hand brake turn.... Looked really good IMHO.... though not such a landmark.

• Like 1

There you go...... hot off the press. Silver Whisper around the world......

Its still processing higher res imaging, so 4K version not visible at time of posting.

Edited by les37b
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Pretty amazing to think no traffic whatsoever. 

3m32s ....... you'll see the fella in yellow trousers waving for about 30 seconds. He wasn't a Triv player....... they were playing at the time this was filmed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, les37b said:

3m32s ....... you'll see the fella in yellow trousers waving for about 30 seconds. He wasn't a Triv player....... they were playing at the time this was filmed.

The Internet is still too weak to show it Les

• Like 1

OK, it's 01:23  and the Wifi is completely f****d, it's appalling. I don't care what any one else has to say, the cruise has been wonderful but the Internet belongs to the  Dark Ages. get a life SS.

Edited by Silver Spectre
SS is failing

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

In your estimation, why are so many WC’ers unhappy?

To  judge from a number of posts, the issues with the Internet may have been a persistent irritant. I certainly would have been irritated. Having functional Internet service seems to me as fundamental nowadays as plumbing and air-conditioning.   The ability to send and receive email messages and attached documents (of a reasonable length) should not be asking too much. I do wonder about the urgency of sending off photos, the amount of bandwidth they consume, and the extent to which the sharing of pictures clogs up the entire system. 

Most of us are on ships for modest lengths of time.  Crewmembers can be on for six months or so, and access to email for contacting family is essential. Presumably, they are experiencing the same frustrations as the guests. I don’t know whether this issue is limited to Whisper  or is fleet wide.    I found Internet on spirit to be adequate – but. barely more than adequate –for sending messages and documents.   I never tried to send photos/videos/images. 

8 hours ago, les37b said:

The Internet is still too weak to show it Les

CC repeat.

Edited by Silver Spectre