Requested snacks in Haven

npater

If perchance you have passed by the Buffet in the afternoon - anything visible is fair game for snacking

just pass it along to your Butler.

Cookies crackers cheeses fruits cuts and slices of meats and vegetables - - -

If having something with a beverage give the Butler a hint something to go with a fruity white wine - rose

pre-dinner cocktail beer etc.

Change or add something for the next day !   

Having received the concierge letter, I asked them to set up a small bon voyage party with snacks.  The response was

• Provide snacks for 8 people (will be arranged with Butler and charged onboard)

We're boarding relatively late but am wondering what the snacks might be as well as what the charge would be and why.

12 minutes ago, pbenjamin said:

Having received the concierge letter, I asked them to set up a small bon voyage party with snacks.  The response was

• Provide snacks for 8 people (will be arranged with Butler and charged onboard)

We're boarding relatively late but am wondering what the snacks might be as well as what the charge would be and why.

Curious why you would not expect a charge?  Having been in haven suites 3 times nothing in the letters we recieved indicated anything about a Bon Voyage party being an option.  Are you in an Owners suite or Grand Villa or did your letter indicate it was available?  I would however try to find out what the cost, as well as what type of snacks they are providing.  Whatever the cost have a great time.

Never been in a suite before, but have seen reference here to snacks, even in this thread some mention of whatever  was in the buffet. Not looking for anything fancy just trying to learn what’s available and how it works. 

Never thought to ask for buffet items.  We have had grapes, never-ending m&m's, pb&j sandwiches. Assorted fruit.  Cake for special occasions. 

On our last Breakaway cruise, it was virtually impossible to get a table in O'Sheehans later in the evening before heading to the cabin.  We would order room service from O'Sheehans and the evening butler would bring.

They will bring anything they can including items from the specialties.  Items from the specialties will be  a charge.

11 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

If the snacks are just the normal stuff provided by the butlers (cheese and crackers, pub mix, candy, etc.) I don't think

there will be a charge. We had our butler provide snacks for a party and there was no charge but we did tip her

very well at the end. However we were in an owner's suite and used our included liquor. She just provided

extra glasses and ice. If you want something fancy like shrimp cocktail, hot appetizers, etc. there probably

will be some type of charge but since I have never done anything like that don't know what it would be.

12 hours ago, npater said:

When staying in the Haven what snacks do you request the butler to bring to your stateroom. I know there is so much food on the ship to get, what would you request. 

It depends on what you like to snack on during the day. Normally the butler will bring the normal snacks mid-afternoon.

We have asked for BLT sandwiches if we are going on an excursion and think we will be hungry when we get back.

We have asked for pub mix to go with our pre-dinner cocktails in the room. If you have a sweet tooth (like me)

there are large cookies available and m and m's and gummy bears.

Our butler was not very responsive to my request for a cheese plate. He stated (in no particular order) that: a) that snacks are standardized; b) that they are cookies, sandwiches, etc.; c) it would take an extra 20 minutes for the kitchen to put this together, and d) do I really want this every day, while furiously scribbling in a notepad. By this time I realized that he really, really really didn't want to go out of his way, so I said "never mind." (But I should add that we were in an aft penthouse suite, so that might have made a difference.)

And, by the way, we did get not one, but two cheese plates one day. But when I had asked for a cheese plate I envisaged all those delicious cheeses that DH prefers in lieu of desserts. What we got was a chunk of blue cheese which was OK, and a couple of triangular slices of what looked like American cheese (not OK). But since I had insisted on a cheese plate I felt that I had to eat these for my butler ... 

We've never had sandwiches delivered.  Maybe I'll request some next time.  We asked that they just bring us fresh fruit and cookies.   We had tons of fruit and cookies last time we were in the Haven.  We like mustard and mayo on sandwiches.  Is there any place to get some packets of those to keep in the fridge in case they bring sandwiches?  I would imagine they come plain.

3 minutes ago, fsa1155 said:

We've never had sandwiches delivered.  Maybe I'll request some next time.  We asked that they just bring us fresh fruit and cookies.   We had tons of fruit and cookies last time we were in the Haven.  We like mustard and mayo on sandwiches.  Is there any place to get some packets of those to keep in the fridge in case they bring sandwiches?  I would imagine they come plain.

Simply tell your butler what condiments you would like with your sandwiches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

If the snacks are just the normal stuff provided by the butlers (cheese and crackers, pub mix, candy, etc.) I don't think

there will be a charge. We had our butler provide snacks for a party and there was no charge but we did tip her

very well at the end. However we were in an owner's suite and used our included liquor. She just provided

extra glasses and ice. If you want something fancy like shrimp cocktail, hot appetizers, etc. there probably

will be some type of charge but since I have never done anything like that don't know what it would be.

Thanks. That makes sense. 

I don’t know why they don’t implement some sort of menu/order system where you can order what you want if you indeed want anything at all. The waste from all the food they deliver must be significant. The current system is easier for the butlers as they just load up trolleys with the same stuff and deliver them to each cabin in addition to any special requests. The Yacht Club on MSC has snacks available in the lounge where you can take what you want, when you want. Daily afternoon snacks are not delivered to your room. IMO that’s a better system.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

I don’t know why they don’t implement some sort of menu/order system where you can order what you want if you indeed want anything at all.

The "surprise" makes 1st time suite guests feel better. Later in the week or after a few cruises, suite guests know what to request and what to decline...some people decline all which is also ok.

The current system is easier for the butlers as they just load up trolleys with the same stuff and deliver them to each cabin in addition to any special requests

Agree...which is why they do it that way.

The waste from all the food they deliver must be significant.

It gets churned up and fed to the fish in the ocean.

The Yacht Club on MSC has snacks available in the lounge where you can take what you want, when you want. Daily afternoon snacks are not delivered to your room. IMO that’s a better system.

IMO, the Yacht Club should have/do both as well and have more in-suite dining options. First world problems, for sure.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

We told our butler that we didn't need the canopies since we are not fans of those.  I did ask for the pub mix and we received a bowl full of it and everyday it was topped off.  On another trip, our butler saw that we liked a certain sandwich and from then on we received a plate of those sandwiches each day.  A good butler will notice these things.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

The Yacht Club on MSC has snacks available in the lounge where you can take what you want, when you want. Daily afternoon snacks are not delivered to your room. IMO that’s a better system.

Are the snacks individually wrapped or does the person just take out of a large bowl/container.  If not wrapped, how does one know that people aren't putting their hands on the food when they get theres?  

2 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

Are the snacks individually wrapped or does the person just take out of a large bowl/container.  If not wrapped, how does one know that people aren't putting their hands on the food when they get theres?  

By snacks I didn’t mean things like M&Ms or chips but canopies and such. It would be similar to the fare available in the Observation Lounge on the Bliss. If you’re staying in the Yacht Club you also have free access to the room’s mini bat/fridge that contains an assortment of snacks including chips, mixed nuts, chocolates and of course beer and liquor.