2020/2021 Itineraries Released for Caribbean, Panama Canal, Hawaii, Mexico, Calif

azbirdmom

6 minutes ago, eyegirl said:

I don't see a fall itinerary from LA to Hawaii...please tell me it isn't so 😥

We try to go every fall

I see these cruises for the fall of 2020.  For the West Coast, the announced cruises only go through May 2021.

3 minutes ago, fishywood said:

October 22 on Star Princess is the earliest Hawaii sailing from San Pedro.

As shown on the Reference Flyer; apparently the Sailing Schedule doc is not 100% complete yet. 

phew! I hope it shows up! We wouldn't want to make Mexico our "go to" place...although we enjoy that at times! Hawaii has MUCH better golf 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, senior lady said:

Princess doesn't cruise to Cuba

They don't go there yet but it had been reported that they have released Cuba itineraries to some TAs.  Since that info was shared, I've been checking daily to see if Princess has published more details about Cuba.  While checking yesterday, I inadvertently found the info I posted that I thought might be off interest to others.  Hopefully that explains my comment!

Thanks for posting these.

I am so excited to see the real 14 day Caribbean cruises return to the itinerary (even if there are only 4 of them).

Looking at those itineraries I wonder what the Crown will be doing in between her three 14 day cruises?

EDIT: I found my answer - she's doing the 10 day FLL-Panama Canal round trips.

Edited by chamima

On 4/25/2019 at 5:32 PM, fishywood said:

And by process of elimination based on this and other previous announcements the only ships unaccounted for in late 20/early 21 are Coral Princess...and Grand Princess. So put one or both in South America as that I believe is the only deployment still unannounced?

Assuming your analysis is correct - and it sounds reasonable - the hypothesis makes sense.  Coral is Island's sister and Island has done the full circle tour more than once before (~ 2 months).  There is always a second ship doing the Buenos Aries/Santiago run back-and-forth, so that could be the Grand's job??

I doubt Princess will be stopping the South America trips.  We had a fantastic time doing a 60-night trip and I would do it again some year. 

Edited by steelers36

11 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Assuming your analysis is correct - and it sounds reasonable - the hypothesis makes sense.  Coral is Island's sister and Island has done the full circle tour more than once before (~ 2 months).  There is always a second ship doing the Buenos Aries/Santiago run back-and-forth, so that could be the Grand's job??

I doubt Princess will be stopping the South America trips.  We had a fantastic time doing a 60-night trip and I would do it again some year. 

On a related thought, if Princess is going to repeat the sailings that include Antarctica cruise-bys they will almost certainly use Coral Princess again rather than go to the expense of having a different (larger and older) ship like Grand certified for those cruises.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Grand did the Circle South America. For the 2020 Island sailing Princess is holding cabins for those who wish to book the entire 58 days but Segments 2 and 3 are individually already sold out. So likely to switch from Island to a ship with about 350 more passengers (Grand) than to Coral with 250-ish fewer.

Just guessing, of course. And I already likely guessed wrong about Pacific's future deployments having forgotten what is the worst kept secret of late: that the initial plans for taking Pacific off the World Cruise was to debut Cuba cruises on Princess. Now seemingly on hold though.

14 minutes ago, fishywood said:

On a related thought, if Princess is going to repeat the sailings that include Antarctica cruise-bys they will almost certainly use Coral Princess again rather than go to the expense of having a different (larger and older) ship like Grand certified for those cruises.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Grand did the Circle South America. For the 2020 Island sailing Princess is holding cabins for those who wish to book the entire 58 days but Segments 2 and 3 are individually already sold out. So likely to switch from Island to a ship with about 350 more passengers (Grand) than to Coral with 250-ish fewer.

Just guessing, of course. And I already likely guessed wrong about Pacific's future deployments having forgotten what is the worst kept secret of late: that the initial plans for taking Pacific off the World Cruise was to debut Cuba cruises on Princess. Now seemingly on hold though.

Ahh, what you say makes sense.  Otherwise, the demand for circle-S.A. would be nuts because they do sell that one out.  

To be honest, after doing it once, I could see skipping the run down through the Caribbean and Brazil and start in B.A.  It was a real kick to be in Rio for the Carnival time and we saw quite a few sight as well.  But the place is less safe now and I am fine with being there once.  At least not the next time during Carnival.  I would not want to miss Uruguay though.  Montevideo was a nice port stop.  

Coral must be doing the back-and-forth runs.

Edited by steelers36

7 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

To be honest, after doing it once, I could see skipping the run down through the Caribbean and Brazil and start in B.A.  It was a real kick to be in Rio for the Carnival time and we saw quite a few sight as well.  But the place is less safe now and I am fine with being there once.  At least not the next time during Carnival.  I would not want to miss Uruguay though.  Montevideo was a nice port stop.  

The upcoming Island itinerary is round trip from Ft Lauderdale going counter clockwise with the Panama Canal transit at the start. A bit different than going east to west from Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles as done most years previous. Would be very interesting if Princess did the 2021 sailing round trip Los Angeles with the Canal transit at the end. I think they just assume most people prefer the flight to Florida at the start. 

(Totally tangential but it would be nice to have Grand start or end the South America season from Ft Lauderdale as it would be her first call there since January 2013. Nice to have her back in the neighborhood nearly 20 years after I first sailed her in June 2001)

4 minutes ago, fishywood said:

The upcoming Island itinerary is round trip from Ft Lauderdale going counter clockwise with the Panama Canal transit at the start. A bit different than going east to west from Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles as done most years previous. Would be very interesting if Princess did the 2021 sailing round trip Los Angeles with the Canal transit at the end. I think they just assume most people prefer the flight to Florida at the start. 

(Totally tangential but it would be nice to have Grand start or end the South America season from Ft Lauderdale as it would be her first call there since January 2013. Nice to have her back in the neighborhood nearly 20 years after I first sailed her in June 2001)

Yes, why not?  Our 2018 S.A. trip was from FLL.  Some had boarded in LA and took the Canal to FLL to begin the cruise and some sailed back through the Canal from FLL to LA at the end.  I do note that the 2020 cruise takes in Easter Island as a diversion, but it eliminates some other days and ports to get it down to 58.  Less stops in Caribbean noted.  I also note they replaced and skip Fortaleza now (a totally unmemorable stop and probably our least fave on that 2018 trip).

Grand Princess will be sailing out of a Singapore, replacing the Sapphire for Winter 20/21 season. 

The ship has a port call in Hong Kong in early December as well as several calls in European ports for Spring 2021.

Edited by Cruisertoday

So happy to finally see the itineraries.   Kind of sad that the Ruby is going to be home ported in SF.  No indoor pool, but we liked the Crown and Emerald a lot, so I presume the Ruby will be very nice as well, and I will be very happy if they have a Coffee and Cones! 😋

Thinking of booking the 7 and 5 day B2B cruise in April 2021 on the Royal.  

Was hoping for an early October 2020 10 day Sea of Cortez on the Royal.  

8 hours ago, Cruisertoday said:

Grand Princess will be sailing out of a Singapore, replacing the Sapphire for Winter 20/21 season. 

The ship has a port call in Hong Kong in early December as well as several calls in European ports for Spring 2021.

That was expected as Sapphire is replacing Golden in Summer 2020/2021 in Melbourne. However, this would indicate thta she would be going to Alaska. So They will get 2 new ships in Alaska for for Summer 2021 , Regal and Sapphire.

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

The true 14 day cruises.

So agree!  Those true 14 day "Circle" cruises are great.  Did one on Caribbean Princess in January and it was wonderful not to have to go back to Ft. Lauderdale in the middle of the cruise.

The January 8, 2021 on Crown Princess looks good to us.  :classic_cool:

On 4/25/2019 at 3:42 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

Open on May 8, 2019 for Elite members and Group blocking starting at 9:00am.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 at midnight for all others.  (Yes, it says midnight but I think that's weird.)

have you seen any update to the time or is it still showing midnight 5/9/19?