Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

7 minutes ago, Islandbuoy said:

Maybe for some--but for us it's the special times with those we cruise with. Either those we knew b-4 ,or those we met.

"Those we met " include special bonds with some of the staff--particularly in the dining room and captains club.

Nice that you feel it is special.  But why do you care if we don't have vibes or want to do the same things you do? Not to be rude, but I don't care if you have a special bond with the some of the staff.😃

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

I would go by the official updated revolution list...I wouldn't put lots faith into that FB discussion.

Where did you find the official updated revolution list?  And was this specific to Equinox or other ships too?

9 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We have done 11 Eclipse, 8 Silhouette and 1 Reflection Cruise since 2012 I am afraid I cannot agree with you regarding the Eclipse. We have always found it just like home. The Silhouette has the same sort of feel to it but we didn't find that on the Reflection. I think the extra floor of rooms don't help and the fact that they were building Luminae while we were on also added to that feeling. We have not tried the Equinox but have 2 cruises booked on it in 2021 and I expect it to feel much like the Eclipse and the Silhouette.

We did 5 of those Eclipse cruises between November 2012 and February 2014 and it did feel strange going on to the Silhouette in the March of that year. We were in AQ for all these cruises and to sit in Blu on the Silhouette and not have all your favourite waiters around you was very strange but it didn't take long to get used to it. 

I have to agree about Reflection; out of all the S class ships, she is our least favourite - too overcrowded.

• Like 2

I know I saw pics/renderings of the potentially (?) refreshed cabins for Equinox, and I am wondering if all cabins will get the new bedding, carpet, furniture? Or if it's just the suites that are getting any update. Can anyone repost the photos? We're in a balcony cabin next to the hump in July. Thanks for any info!

Edited by Citymom92
left out info

8 hours ago, paulh84 said:

As far as I know, there are only two "official" documents out there that list itemized changes. One from March and an amended version from early May. The May document definitely removed the mention of bathrooms getting a refresh on Equinox.... 

March - original.pdf 203.01 kB · 25 downloads May - updated.pdf 162.43 kB · 123 downloads

With Silhouette next on the schedule (Jan 2020) after Equinox, would the first "March" document represent what will be expected for that "revolution"?  Or will Celebrity be issuing an updated document for that one?  And how do they make that available?

22 minutes ago, colliercruiser said:

With Silhouette next on the schedule (Jan 2020) after Equinox, would the first "March" document represent what will be expected for that "revolution"?  Or will Celebrity be issuing an updated document for that one?  And how do they make that available?

The reason for the changes to Equinox was an accident at the dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas.  Not sure it will impact Silly. 

1 hour ago, colliercruiser said:

I would expect Silhouette to be more in line with the initial March document since that was the original plan. The M and S class ships are  currently pretty consistent. I think Equinox will be the odd man out for a while until they have a chance to complete the rest of the updates. We’re on the second post-Revolution cruise on the Silhouette so I’m eager to see what unfolds. 

46 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I would expect Silhouette to be more in line with the initial March document since that was the original plan. The M and S class ships are  currently pretty consistent. I think Equinox will be the odd man out for a while until they have a chance to complete the rest of the updates. We’re on the second post-Revolution cruise on the Silhouette so I’m eager to see what unfolds. 

We're on the third post-Revolution Silhouette cruise (Feb 23), so I'll be interested to hear what the final plan becomes as the dry dock date gets closer.

16 hours ago, CardRock said:

Saw this on the Equinox facebook page.  Someone posted a licve chat they had with Celebrity  and it looks like the bathrooms are getting redone.  side note...Someone does need to merge the multiple threads on this topic.  

image.png.82457e73efc01f2c19b30b41ae4e7614.png

Holy cow, ,where on earth do you find a live chat feature?!?  I have a couple questions that I would like to get a straight answer from Celebrity themselves and a Live chat would be perfect.

On 5/15/2019 at 7:52 AM, upwarduk said:

IMO the CD has a great deal to with the vibe on the ship.

Agree, the Cruise Director can make or break the atmosphere on board, completely changing any "vibe"

2 hours ago, Angeltyker26 said:

Holy cow, ,where on earth do you find a live chat feature?!?  I have a couple questions that I would like to get a straight answer from Celebrity themselves and a Live chat would be perfect.

The live chat is available on select pages when browsing www.celebrity.com , it appears in the bottom right corner. However, if you use any type of ad-blocker in your browser, the chat box may not appear.

Generally, it seems to be the easiest to find the chat box when browsing the available itineraries/indivdual cruises, but it seems that even then you cannot count on it popping up.

14 hours ago, Husky61 said:

Nice that you feel it is special.  But why do you care if we don't have vibes or want to do the same things you do? Not to be rude, but I don't care if you have a special bond with the some of the staff.😃

Hope u have a better day today!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, bajathree said:

I would go by the official updated revolution list...I wouldn't put lots faith into that FB discussion.

I read the extensive/whole chat between Luke and Ashley from Celebrity on Equinox facebook page. I feel more confident that the cabin and several refurbs will be done. Hope so. Although prior to drydock Equinox looked great was really looking forward to the changes for our October sailing. Been on Eclipse and Solstice and had great experiences in past.

7 hours ago, little britain said:

Not having 30 extra rooms (60+ more people) seems like a winner to me! 

Two simple questions

1) When is the first post- revolution Equinox sailing - June 1, Jun2?

2) Is this above correct or a slight exaggeration - I thought they were adding at most 16-20 cabins?

And another plea to please combine the threads.

13 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Two simple questions

1) When is the first post- revolution Equinox sailing - June 1, Jun2?

2) Is this above correct or a slight exaggeration - I thought they were adding at most 16-20 cabins?

And another plea to please combine the threads.

I just got the numbers from the Revolution pdf above

ADDITIONAL STATEROOMS – 13 Veranda, 7 Oceanview, 10 Inside

There is a dot in the Millennium and Summit columns but nothing in the Equinox column.

There are an awful lot of dots missing in the Equinox column...... so I guess she will have to have Dry Dock 2.1.......

7 hours ago, little britain said:

Not having 30 extra rooms (60+ more people) seems like a winner to me! 

Totally agree! Less "public"  space and more people is never a positive on a cruise. Feels more crowded in various places...pools, dining  solarium, thermal suite, bars  etc.

Also agree threads  could be combined and the personal sniping posts removed.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, little britain said:

I just got the numbers from the Revolution pdf above

ADDITIONAL STATEROOMS – 13 Veranda, 7 Oceanview, 10 Inside

There is a dot in the Millennium and Summit columns but nothing in the Equinox column.

There are an awful lot of dots missing in the Equinox column...... so I guess she will have to have Dry Dock 2.1.......

Based on the March document it looks like Equinox was to have 14 rooms added before the accident in Grand Bahama. 5 signature, 1 reflection and 8 inside.