Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

29 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

From what I have been able to gather from several posts it is one or two issues:

1). The cabins that are located under Cosmos on Deck 11 are having major issues with noise and vibrations from the music. 

2). Blue has been significuantly impacted by the addition of 26 guests trying to eat dinner, resulting in long waits. 

Again, this is hearsay based on posts I have read. The cabins have been reclassified as 2C. 

There are 2 threads with photos of the "new" cabins.. They are small and have very small balconies ..noise issues too ???

15 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Edge, Apex and all the upcoming sister are not my list of ships I want to sail in the near future! They just don´t appeal to me!

I gather most people love them-so everything is fine- as long as there other options like M- and S- Class around!

I agree except for the most people love them. Not according to the reviews. most people don't like them.

24 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

The area that the cabins were added was previously part of the salon where they cut hair or did manicures, they were not cabins. My guess is that X felt like they could add more Aqua Cabins in an UNDESIRABLE  location where guests would pay a premium simply for dining in Blu and the use of the Persian Gardens. If you check the Aqua Cabins on all of the X Ships, Aqua Cabins are almost always in poor locations. They are usually under the pool, Buffet or have some issue that would be considered a negative for most cruisers. I’m sure someone got a bonus for coming up with the idea of creating “Aqua” where guests would pay more than a standard balcony cabin in a bad location and all we have to do is cut out a chunk of the MDR and call it Blu where those guests can eat like in a Specialty Restaurant. 

If you ask me, this is the real scam for Aqua class.  Celebrity has found a way to charge a premium for cabins in a bad location.  I'm sure Blu is nice, but it's not worth the trade-off for cabins in a poor location at a premium price.

• Like 1

I know many people consider the AQ cabins on S Class are in a terrible location...I’m in the minority that LOVED my cabin under the pool overhang!  I was actually under the Solarium and never heard any noise but the deep overhang meant I could use the balcony 24/7.  Regular balcony cabins have hours at a time in full sun which means I (fair skin; already had Mohs surgery) can’t always use the balcony.

And I’m just happy Equinox will have her original wonderful Sky Lounge for awhile longer!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I know many people consider the AQ cabins on S Class are in a terrible location...I’m in the minority that LOVED my cabin under the pool overhang!  I was actually under the Solarium and never heard any noise but the deep overhang meant I could use the balcony 24/7.  Regular balcony cabins have hours at a time in full sun which means I (fair skin; already had Mohs surgery) can’t always use the balcony.

And I’m just happy Equinox will have her original wonderful Sky Lounge for awhile longer!

I heartily agree! I was in 1605 on the hump and LOVED it so much we are booked again in same cabin for November. I also have had Mohs so appreciate the shade. We loved Blu! All I can say is, people have their opinions and much I read about Aqua is from people who have not  been. If you don't like it , don't do it but don't ruin it for the rest of us. BTW we are paying less for Aqua than a Veranda is going for today 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

I heartily agree! I was in 1605 on the hump and LOVED it so much we are booked again in same cabin for November. I also have had Mohs so appreciate the shade. We loved Blu! All I can say is, people have their opinions and much I read about Aqua is from people who have not  been. If you don't like it , don't do it but don't ruin it for the rest of us. BTW we are paying less for Aqua than a Veranda is going for today 

I fully agree with the previous comment, we love the Aqua cabins because of the overhang, been under solarium many times without any issue, and Blu is terrific.

• Like 1

Whoooops.

I always took Equinox for my favourite cruise ship since I sailed on her two times in 2012. Seeing what X plans for her in regards to Revolution, that matter appears to me as an about-to-change issue.

Last cruise was the maiden voyage on EDGE, and I quite much loved her, but also found her to be bland and massively lacking atmosphere. I simply do not find that ship relaxing.

So, if they morph Equinox into something in between, where shall I turn to on my next cruise? If the Equinox Revolution does not blow me away, I catch myself in this very moment thinking about trying other cruise lines. Pity,

8 minutes ago, Nemanoxer said:

Whoooops.

I always took Equinox for my favourite cruise ship since I sailed on her two times in 2012. Seeing what X plans for her in regards to Revolution, that matter appears to me as an about-to-change issue.

Last cruise was the maiden voyage on EDGE, and I quite much loved her, but also found her to be bland and massively lacking atmosphere. I simply do not find that ship relaxing.

So, if they morph Equinox into something in between, where shall I turn to on my next cruise? If the Equinox Revolution does not blow me away, I catch myself in this very moment thinking about trying other cruise lines. Pity,

I think you'll still be fine on the Equinox, the planned changes do not appear to be significant enough to affect the character and atmosphere of the ship.  If you are a Suite guest there will likely be some nice changes but for the rest of us, it will simply be advertising hype.

Just now, ipeeinthepool said:

I think you'll still be fine on the Equinox, the planned changes do not appear to be significant enough to affect the character and atmosphere of the ship.  If you are a Suite guest there will likely be some nice changes but for the rest of us, it will simply be advertising hype.

I agree...the unfortunate accident may turn out to be a positive for awhile as  many of the proposed changes are on hold...esp the  reduction of Sky Lounge. Waiting to hear more about dining....( non suite, non BLU)

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

I agree...the unfortunate accident may turn out to be a positive for awhile as  many of the proposed changes are on hold...esp the  reduction of Sky Lounge. Waiting to hear more about dining....( non suite, non BLU)

I'm also a little concerned about the dining, but I really don't think they are going to divide up the MDR into 2, 3 or 4 dining rooms.  They would need to increase capacity to make that work and they just don't have the space.  So label me cautiously optimistic that the MDR will remain unchanged.  We seldom do any specialty restaurants so anything they do there won't bother us.

Other than the Silk Harvest getting removed, there has been nothing at all from Celebrity that has suggested there are any dining changes. There is an IG pic that shows Tuscan has been stripped of it's furniture and fixtures, but that's to be expected. 

Mods -- any chance of combining threads? There are currently 3 threads on the front page titled Equinox Revolution.

Edited by Jeremiah1212

We  are booked for our first Equinox cruise in September, so these changes really dont bother me as I have no point of reference to compare, but I will say this, Ive seen the decor and furniture in the suites on Summit and while it doesnt bother me, I like the way the decor is already in the suites.(From Youtube vids and pics) In my opinion it looks more premium than the minimalized look, But thats just my opinion from

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Other than the Silk Harvest getting removed, there has been nothing at all from Celebrity that has suggested there are any dining changes. There is an IG pic that shows Tuscan has been stripped of it's furniture and fixtures, but that's to be expected. 

Mods -- can chance of combining threads? There are currently 3 threads on the front page titled Equinox Revolution.

Which Instagram account? I dont use IG, but Id like to take a peek. 

17 hours ago, hcat said:

X should not sell bookings until these cabins actually exist!   I know they do it all the time for new builds but these were retrofitted projects which  sound more iffy!  Once they monkey around with original layout stuff can go wrong!

Yea, right.  And have the sail empty for several months (I know they could sell some for last minute bookers) but they are loosing potential revenue by not having them presold.

Cruiseline of all types add cabins during refurbishment, and none of them wait until the new cabins exist before they started offering them for bookings.

I'm sure if they have already booked any of the new cabins that aren't going to get built, those guests will simply be upgraded to better unsold cabins and everyone will be happy as clams (i think most of the new cabins were interior anyway). 

Edited by supersaramoon

They were suppose to add the Reflection Suite and I think 5 Signature Suites.  The upgrade for a SS would be a Royal Suite and I have seen posts that guests were upgraded at no additional cost.  There is no upgrade for a Reflection Suite and guests booked in one are not happy sailors.

3 hours ago, hcat said:

I certainly see that aspect as positive. My wife was very dissapointed to hear  there would be a reduction in the size of the sky lounge, she is delighted to hear that now won’t go ahead and we can enjoy it again just as it is.

Other than glass blowing. What differences are there between the Equinox and the sister ship the Reflection. Good or bad. The Sky lounge on both and from what I can see in reviews with videos. Nothing looks any different. Cruised the Reflection Apr 1st this year, really enjoyed it and going on the Equinox June 22nd this year. 

Originally, the dining room was supposed to be getting redone, I guess to mimic more of the Edge design. At this point, that change is cancelled. Doesn't bother me. I enjoyed myself 2 years ago, plan to do so again in a month or so.

Originally, the dining room was supposed to be getting redone, I guess to mimic more of the Edge design. At this point, that change is cancelled. Doesn't bother me. I enjoyed myself 2 years ago, plan to do so again in a month or so.

The sky lounge on Equinox goes from starboard to port at the bow of the ship.  On Reflection it is not as wide because part of the port side was eliminated to build additional suites.  The original plan for Equinox, and the other S class ships, was/is to add these cabins.  Because of the dry dock in Cadiz the new suites will not be built.

Equinox does not have the Lawn Club Grill or the Porch.

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm also a little concerned about the dining, but I really don't think they are going to divide up the MDR into 2, 3 or 4 dining rooms.  They would need to increase capacity to make that work and they just don't have the space.  So label me cautiously optimistic that the MDR will remain unchanged.  We seldom do any specialty restaurants so anything they do there won't bother us.

I agree..Summit will still have the one MDR..not like EDGE..But waiting to hear if there will be anything else new..menus etc???

7 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

They were suppose to add the Reflection Suite and I think 5 Signature Suites.  The upgrade for a SS would be a Royal Suite and I have seen posts that guests were upgraded at no additional cost.  There is no upgrade for a Reflection Suite and guests booked in one are not happy sailors.

We were booked into a Signature Suite in Aug 2020 and I can confirm we have indeed been upgraded at no cost.  We are disappointed /happy about the change at the same time.