How to Maximize Diamond Happy Hour?

31 minutes ago, travelplus said:

I understand but here on CC people could go to the Loyalty Ambassador on the 2nd cruise and they gave them Diamond benefits but the points posted  after the sailing. and it was explained by the rep at C&A also told me to visit the Loyalty Ambassador. 

No I did not expect Diamond on  the first cruise and besides anyway its porr intensive. 

On airlines and hotels and I know Royal is different if I change status during a multi leg trip I would be  Executive Plat after San Franciscoo to Paris then on the Paris to Dubai flight two days later my boarding pass reads Executive Plat and I would get lounge access, priority boarding etc. 

Here on the first night of sailing 2 its night 80 not night 76. The C&A manager will email the Loyalty Ambassador during the first segment and manually adjust those points to post quicker. 

In my opinion it's an IT flaw more than anything as nights could be earned on a per night basis and if you make Diamond when boarding the second cruise it gets recognized. I leave with 79 points so the next cruise is night 80. Just like at a Hotel. I check out of the Hilton Rome on night 79, Night 80 in Venice they welcome me as the next tier and yes its happened. 

I'm very hurt by some people here trying to think that I'm scamming the system. Bob may want to chime in. 

Other people have reported that the LA upgraded them to Diamond on the 2nd cruise and had them go to Guest Services for their new cards that's all im trying to do. I don't care when the points post. I think Royal may want to recognize major tier changes like Emerald to Diamond or Diamond+, to Pinnacle on the 2nd leg of a B2B. 

It's not like a lot of people are making the major tier changes on a B2B. 

All I'm asking is to try and see if we can get Diamond for the 2nd sailing. Worst they can say is no. 

Gosh some people here are a bit harsh with their replies tone it down please.. Bob even suggested to ask for manual tier adjustment to others with my same request and it was granted. 

Please apologize😂

When I first read you original post.  I thought you meant that you would be boarding cruise 1 with 79 points.  So at the end you that cruise you would be at 86 points.  So for cruise 2 you would be at Diamond level, however the points would not have posted.  If that is the case then there is an mechanism for the Loyalty to set your level to Diamond for Cruise 2, even if the points that you earned for cruise 1 hadn't "hit" the system yet.

However now I am interpreting that at the end of cruise 1 you will be at 79 points.  If that is the case then you will NOT be made Diamond during cruise 2.  You will sail the entire cruise as a Platinum.

Last year I started a cruise with 79 points and they did not make me a Diamond during that cruise.  It wasn't until the next cruise did I receive the benefits of Diamond.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Hey OP here. I admit in misinformed. Yes they may add a bonus point on Cruise 1. I do not condone scamming the system. All I stated is what a manager told me. How they do it on backend is not my problem. 

Look if people make conclusions that I'm scamming the system you are dead wrong. 

I asked politely if it's possible for us to make Diamond. If the manager thought it was not then fine.

Listen very carefully before you accuse me of trying to scam the system or think I drink a lot well then your wrong. I know my limits and drink lots of water. 

Excuse me for any misunderstandings but there is a nicer way to coach people. Some of the posters are mean and I hope they apologize. Scarcasim or not. 

I think there has been a misunderstanding and as a diplomatic person I'm sorry. I want to be friends with everyone. 

My feelings were hurt by some of the replies like loosing all C&A points. Gee people if you don't have anything nice to say then please don't. 

Not everyone here knowes all the ropes. 

Let's just be friends. 

Why not try and do a 3 night cruise before your B2B then after your first segment you will be on 82 points and you are good to go on your second segment as D.

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Why not try and do a 3 night cruise before your B2B then after your first segment you will be on 82 points and you are good to go on your second segment as D.

Or as someone else said, upgrade to a JS on the first leg of the B2B.  That would give you double points for the first leg and you'd start the second leg at 86 points.  Diamond on leg 2.

40 minutes ago, travelplus said:

\

I think there has been a misunderstanding and as a diplomatic person I'm sorry. I want to be friends with everyone. 

Travelplus... I think the problem here is that you have confused most of us.  So, to clear things up..you keep talking about 79 and 80 points.  You indicate, at least to me, two different things.  One, you indicate you are starting Cruise ONE at 79 points and say you'll have 80 at start of Cruise TWO.  Actually if this is the case, you'll have 86 points at the start of Cruise TWO and certainly should get your Diamond status.  As many have said, it takes a while for the points to be credited, but as you said, they are noting it on your reservation, and if you go to the Loyalty Ambassador then it can be adjusted and you'll get your earned status upgrade.  

If you are only going to achieve 79 points by the END of Cruise ONE, then you likely won't get granted that extra point.  That's simply the system.  As one person suggested, do a 3 night cruise and then you'll achieve Diamond at the end of Cruise ONE.  Many of us did that.  Where people's "backs" get up is the perception that you are excitedly violating the rules and expecting the Loyalty Ambassador to cheerfully help you do that.  We worry about people who violate the rules because it ultimately comes back on us as a reduction of benefits, ending of benefits, or some other rule change.  Case in point, the change in Drink Packages from ONE person in a cabin being able to purchase it to ALL people over 21 being required to purchase.  This was changed because too many  people bragged about sharing packages.  So please don't think people are mean here, only concerned about so many who want to get "special treatment."  Non Diamond people in the lounge crowds an already crowded lounge.  Sharing free drinks (if against the rules) leads to elimination of free drinks.  

So, I interpreted your post to read that you will actually have 86 Points at the end of Cruise ONE.  If I am correct, then you should definitely work with the Loyalty Ambassador and get your Diamond Status at the start of Cruise TWO.  Enjoy for sure! 

7 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Travelplus... I think the problem here is that you have confused most of us.  

You must have missed it but the OP verified they will have 79 points at the end of cruise #1. Point 80 would be night #1 of cruise #2.

• Like 1

Actually, the point description was clear to me.

The 80th point of the OP will occur on Night 1 of cruise 2, NOT night 7 of cruise 1. 

Therefore, he remains Emerald until the completion of cruise 2.  Diamond is not attained until the COMPLETION of the cruise on which the necessary points are earned.

And the whole parents thing?  That was confusing.  Do the parents have at least 80 points?  If not, THEY will not be Diamond either.

I don't understand this "manager" thing.  There are no "managers".  "Someone" on the phone often knows nothing about what actually happens on the ships.  This has never been more true since most of the phone service has been outsourced to Guatemala.  (disclaimer: I had a lovely conversation with someone in Guatemala last week who was efficient and helpful)

ETA:  I just went back and see that the OP edited a couple of his posts since I read them.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

You must have missed it but the OP verified they will have 79 points at the end of cruise #1. Point 80 would be night #1 of cruise #2.

I'm old, I'm easily confused.   😔

But here's his exact words: "We will be Diamond at the start of the Second Cruise and I mean 80 points the night we board!"  So it's a bit confusing.  If he's Diamond the NIGHT HE BOARDS, it could be either.  He could have 80 days when he boards or he could achieve 80 days the day AFTER he boards.  Points are for COMPLETED DAYS so they don't count until AFTER the day has ended.  See my confusion?  I was really just giving the OP a chance to salvage this thread without being snarky or mean.  

Edited by papaflamingo

1 hour ago, travelplus said:

I understand but here on CC people could go to the Loyalty Ambassador on the 2nd cruise and they gave them Diamond benefits but the points posted  after the sailing. and it was explained by the rep at C&A also told me to visit the Loyalty Ambassador. 

No I did not expect Diamond on  the first cruise and besides anyway its porr intensive. 

On airlines and hotels and I know Royal is different if I change status during a multi leg trip I would be  Executive Plat after San Franciscoo to Paris then on the Paris to Dubai flight two days later my boarding pass reads Executive Plat and I would get lounge access, priority boarding etc. 

Here on the first night of sailing 2 its night 80 not night 76. The C&A manager will email the Loyalty Ambassador during the first segment and manually adjust those points to post quicker. You don't seem to comprehend how the system works. You will not be at 80 points after the first night of sailing 2. In fact you will not be at 80 points after the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc. night either. Points are not awarded after each night, they are awarded after completion of the cruise.

In my opinion it's an IT flaw more than anything as nights could be earned on a per night basis and if you make Diamond when boarding the second cruise it gets recognized. I leave with 79 points so the next cruise is night 80. Just like at a Hotel. I check out of the Hilton Rome on night 79, Night 80 in Venice they welcome me as the next tier and yes its happened. You are right, they COULD be awarded on a per night basis but they aren't and never have been.

I'm very hurt by some people here trying to think that I'm scamming the system. Bob may want to chime in

I think you will be very disappointed in his response if he does.

Other people have reported that the LA upgraded them to Diamond on the 2nd cruise and had them go to Guest Services for their new cards that's all im trying to do. I don't care when the points post. I think Royal may want to recognize major tier changes like Emerald to Diamond or Diamond+, to Pinnacle on the 2nd leg of a B2B. 

It's not like a lot of people are making the major tier changes on a B2B. 

All I'm asking is to try and see if we can get Diamond for the 2nd sailing. Worst they can say is no. 

Gosh some people here are a bit harsh with their replies tone it down please.. Bob even suggested to ask for manual tier adjustment to others with my same request and it was granted. 

Please apologize😂

OP - you've been on these boards long enough to know that a lot of the customer service reps don't have a clue as to how things really work. Call back and talk to another representative and see what kind of a response you get. Your best piece of advice is to listen to the many people here that have been through this scenario and know how it really works.

• Thanks 1

Here on the first night of sailing 2 its night 80 not night 76. The C&A manager will email the Loyalty Ambassador during the first segment and manually adjust those points to post quicker. You don't seem to comprehend how the system works. You will not be at 80 points after the first night of sailing 2. In fact you will not be at 80 points after the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc. night either. Points are not awarded after each night, they are awarded after completion of the cruise.

This is the perfect and clearest explanation.  Kudos.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Or as someone else said, upgrade to a JS on the first leg of the B2B.  That would give you double points for the first leg and you'd start the second leg at 86 points.  Diamond on leg 2.

Or do what we did and book a 4 night cruise in a JS before your B2B then enjoy the full B2B cruise as a Diamond.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

This is the perfect and clearest explanation.  Kudos.

Exactly and crystal clear. 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Or do what we did and book a 4 night cruise in a JS before your B2B then enjoy the full B2B cruise as a Diamond.

Not sure I understand the math. Four nights, JS, taxes, transportation, etc. has to be over $2,000. Can’t see how 14 days of diamond is worth more than $1,000

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 123funcruiser said:

Yes this is correct, you won´t be Diamond on that cruise, but only on the one after that one. Yes you were misinformed.

Only when you make it from D+ to P it will be recognized on the cruise you reach 700 Points. All other Level changes happen once a cruise is completed so upgraded Benefits are only on the following cruise

A clarification here.  When changing from D+ to P,  a recognition takes place.  You are recognized at the Top Tier party as person turning Pinnacle.   That’s it.  You have to wait until the cruise is completed to make use of the benefits,  at least it was that way for us.  When we turned, we were booked b2b in suites so the benefits were there anyway.   I know some smaller ships used to go all out and give benefits on the day you turn pinnacle, but that just doesn’t happen anymore.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

A clarification here.  When changing from D+ to P,  a recognition takes place.  You are recognized at the Top Tier party as person turning Pinnacle.   That’s it.  You have to wait until the cruise is completed to make use of the benefits,  at least it was that way for us.  When we turned, we were booked b2b in suites so the benefits were there anyway.   I know some smaller ships used to go all out and give benefits on the day you turn pinnacle, but that just doesn’t happen anymore.  

Something new to look forward to on the next cruise. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Not sure I understand the math. Four nights, JS, taxes, transportation, etc. has to be over $2,000. Can’t see how 14 days of diamond is worth more than $1,000

We booked a 4 night JS (8 points) from Southampton UK so it was reasonably priced for us.

There are 4 night cruises from Port Canaveral and Miami for people in the US to keep their JS price cost down too especially if you live in Florida.

Probably the ops best solution is to upgrade to a JS on his B2B to get double points and his second week will see him Diamond.

If a couple get just 5 drinks each at $15 a drink in the DL that is $150x14 =$2100 or $1150 for the op if he upgrades to JS so a massive reason to enter the DL and make Diamond.

Edited by grapau27

48 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If a couple get just 5 drinks each at $15 a drink in the DL that is $150x14 =$2100 or $1150 for the op if he upgrades to JS so a massive reason to enter the DL and make Diamond.

I guess my math is different.  I assume $11 drinks (reduced least  expensive options), 4 pp pd (assume some port days  would impact ability - most people won't drink 4 let alone 5) 14 nights - $1.232.  Still don't think 2 people can cruise in a JS for four days at the price - all included - 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, travelplus said:

Then just before the show order two drinks and then one drink before the show ends. Can one order drinks in the Theater for the Diamond Benefit?  If so I am for a Cognac or Whiskey for the show.

Only if the show starts before the drink benefit on your sea pass card expires for the day. The benefit is only active when the lounge is active for drinks (either 4:30-8 or 5-8:30, depending on what time the first MDR seating is scheduled.)

11 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I guess my math is different.  I assume $11 drinks (reduced least  expensive options), 4 pp pd (assume some port days  would impact ability - most people won't drink 4 let alone 5) 14 nights - $1.232.  Still don't think 2 people can cruise in a JS for four days at the price - all included - 

Some people stay in the DL for the full 3.5 hours and drink a lot more than 5 drinks.

An extra cruise of 4 nights in a JS was well worth it for us because we got a bigger cabin than our regular balcony cabin and the enjoyment of an extra cruise then we made Diamond in time for our next cruise which was to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary on a cruise in August 2011 on Adventure of the seas.

Edited by grapau27

2 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Booked a 4-night JS on Mariner sailing this October for $1400 all in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Diamond benefits do not start mid cruise.  They start the first cruise after reaching 80 points.  If you reach 80 points on the first night you will still need to wait until your next cruise. 

True. That’s why we took a quick cruise so that we would be diamond on an upcoming cruise and were able to use the lounge. We only needed that 1 point.. We’re doing that again soon as we’re close to D+.