Free upgrades still exist!

pathi

Check the location and number of beds. If it is a cabin for four, there will be two bunk beds on the wall which are very annoying even though closed. Also, the cabins closest to the bow are smaller and might only have one nightstand.

If you look and the cabin is not suitable, see if there is another cabin available in the exact same category that does not have these problems and ask now to be moved to it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SmilesYourWay said:

If you pre purchase cases of water, or pre- purchase excursions for you cabin, can you still be upgraded? Or do they only move people who don't have anything charged (or pre-paid) to their room?  

Dear SmilesYourWay,

Yes Maam as the Orders you have put in with your ID number Booking Number..

As always keep copies of them so -as the Murphy Law still applies.

1 minute ago, daffodiliaz said:

Was any notification sent about the upgrade or was it a surprise in the cruise personalizer?  I'm hoping for an upgrade on the Golden this weekend.

No notification. I was just in personalizer to print boarding passes etc.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pathi said:

Just found out we got an upgrade from an inside to an OB Ocean View cabin on the Plaza deck. This is on the Island CA Coastal this coming weekend. 🙂

Great!  Have yet to get an upgrade, upset, up anything!

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

could it be the TA got the email and just didn't forward it to you .

Nah I dont think so. I have had 3 free upgrades with Princess. And no notification for any of them. Now upsells I always get a notice.

• Thanks 1

My sister, husband and I were booked on the Grand  for the March 20th Mexico cruise. We had 2 OV rooms  that I had booked a few months before.A week before sailing I received a call that I missed from Princess offering us a family suite with all the bells and whistles on the Dolphin deck with no charge to us. By the time I got back to the gal who called it was gone. It was maybe a half hour at the most. We still had a wonderful time but it would have been nice :)  

On 4/29/2019 at 1:18 AM, SmilesYourWay said:

If you pre purchase cases of water, or pre- purchase excursions for you cabin, can you still be upgraded? Or do they only move people who don't have anything charged (or pre-paid) to their room?  

Yes.  No.

19 hours ago, SmilesYourWay said:

Do solo travelers ever get upgraded?

Yes, I booked a gty inside by myself (through a big online cruise agency) on the Coral repositioning this weekend & got a balcony cabin assigned today. I took an educated guess & did the gty because there was one inside room left & about 50 balconies, so I was pretty sure my shot at one was better than average.

• Like 1