"LIVE" from Celebrity Summit

Radio

Rainy and Cold, Celebrity Summit eases into the Harbor ready to turn around and back into the Cape Liberty Pier for the first time in 2019. . .

Radio

sm may 5 1.jpg

• Like 4

I noticed that Cabin 3125(oceanview) has a small circle on it.  We are in that cabin next week.  Am interesting in knowing if possible how those cabins compare.  Heard they might be smaller.

Hope the weather changes for you.  Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed on the new Summit.

23 minutes ago, dazey said:

I noticed that Cabin 3125(oceanview) has a small circle on it.  We are in that cabin next week.  Am interesting in knowing if possible how those cabins compare.  Heard they might be smaller.

Hope the weather changes for you.  Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed on the new Summit.

The circle was just because I made an oval to differentiate the New cabins. . . Here is the original. . .

Radio

deck3new.jpg

Hello everyone . . . Good morning. Today is Cruise Day! Welcome to Day 1 of “LIVE” from Celebrity Summit. It seems that I woke up at “Radio Dark30” as I often do on cruise day. It is rainy and cold (56F) this morning up here in Elizabeth, NJ but on Cruise Day it doesn’t matter as I will be soon enjoying the comfort of a beautiful ship for a week.

I had a nice Starbucks (We Proudly Serve”) over at the Marriott Courtyard early today. Wasn’t it David Letterman who once suggested: “A man’s best friend is a freshly brewed cup of hot coffee”? Oh well. I think it was. . . I am happy that Celebrity Summit is securely docked at Cape Liberty in Bayonne, and there may be over 2500 passengers who might want to finish the debarkation process.

My check-in time is 11:00 AM, so I have a little time before I have to head to the pier. Celebrity emailed me to suggest that a Coast Guard Inspection will be completed before embarkation can begin. They suggested to kindly be at the pier no later than 3 PM. It appears that Celebrity Summit was chartered last week for the repo cruise.

I hope I remembered everything . . . I guess I will find out soon. It is now time to pack up the “Radio Press Room” and head to the pier.  There is a shopping center on the way to the pier in case I need anything. My luggage is ready, and my batteries have been charged. I should have time for a light breakfast before I head over to Bayonne.

I will see you onboard Celebrity Summit. Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

My Pre Cruise Hotel  was the Marriott Residence Inn

IMG_20190505_080428.thumb.jpg.e4d9ac08b725ac18884c544b4545a548.jpg

My Express Pass has been printed . . .

1731682767_DMCSMXpressPass.thumb.jpg.aba7eacf1e8b77692785be61dd54198f.jpg

My Luggage Tags have been affixed

TAG.thumb.jpg.03fb3a7b37f00a81a6b932dd9df623f8.jpg

The Radio "Pressroom" will now be  packed up

PRE4.thumb.jpg.595e3c84b6f4903aa4c2e8476251bf40.jpg

The Pier is not very far from the Hotel

MAP12.thumb.jpg.2469021ad32eb723fddfb53e2f68768f.jpg

I'm not happy about the rain, but today is Cruise day 😉

W2.thumb.jpg.c16d8b75b517eb0f79472c97fdcf54d6.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hcat said:

BON VOYAGE!  

Hope rain clears by Sailaway!

😉I'm hoping too, but the forecast is for rain all day. . .No worries, I'm on a Cruise

Radio

• Like 2

there is nothing like that feeling when you first step on the ship.  Glad you made it there safely.  Thanks for your wonderful posts as I have followed your posts in the past and you have made a very memorable impression.    Wishing you an excellent cruise! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisnDeb said:

I cruise the Summit to Bermuda in August.  I would love to see copies of the dailies and MDR menus if possible.  

Have a great time Radio 🙂 

I will scan all of the Celebrity Dailies when I get home. . .

Radio

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Have you left the pier yet?  I've been watching the New York Harbor Web Cam since 4:00 p.m. but don't see the Summit coming out of her pier.

We're just starting to pull away now. . . Pics coming soon as soon as I can get a valid signal.

Radio