Shampoo and Soap and Body Soap

woodyq

I have only used the showers in the steam area once and old age prevents me from remembering if there were soap and shampoo dispensers!!

We will be on the Star Princess (Alaska Inside Passage) next week and wondering if I have to pack that stuff.

Again many thanks to all the learned cruisers on this board.

The showers in the Lotus Spa locker room will have body wash dispensers. Not shampoo. 

(Though I am sure they will be happy to sell you a $30 tiny bottle of shampoo from the Salon if you wish).

Bring your own even if you are confining your showers to your cabin. The stuff is vile.

Edited by fishywood
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fishywood said:

The showers in the Lotus Spa locker room will have body wash dispensers. Not shampoo. 

(Though I am sure they will be happy to sell you a $30 tiny bottle of shampoo from the Salon if you wish).

Bring your own even if you are confining your showers to your cabin. The stuff is vile.

Agreed. We take our own shampoo and never use the body wash. We use the bathroom soap for washing in the shower.

If there were one thing I could change on Princess it would be to go back to the days of soap, lotion and shampoo of old.  The garbage offered now must save them a ton.  Oh LOL, edited to wish for the Beef Medallions back again too, on the Always Available menu.

Edited by stoneharborlady
  • Like 1

The body wash and combo shampoo/conditioner providef by Princess is nasty stuff ... even the cheapest crapola from the Dollar Store likely is higher quality.

In short, bring your own

The only thing that body wash is suitable for is washing out one's swimsuit.   And I wouldn't put that shampoo-conditioner product on the hair of a troll doll, much less that of a real live person. 

I was able to find some yummy-scented eucalyptus soap at a shop near me -- pricey, but a couple bars tucked into my suitcase made my last cruise smell like the Princess cruises of yore, and when you're on a $3K cruise, what's a few dead presidents for fancy soap?

• Like 1

It's been five years since we last cruised with Princess. I know to take my own shampoo and conditioner, but do I also need to bring body lotion? I too miss the "old" toiletries. Using the leftovers at home always brought back happy memories of our cruise.  

9 hours ago, SLOlady2014 said:

It's been five years since we last cruised with Princess. I know to take my own shampoo and conditioner, but do I also need to bring body lotion? I too miss the "old" toiletries. Using the leftovers at home always brought back happy memories of our cruise.  

You still get the tubes of body lotion and the small bars of soap.

I agree with everyone else about what's in the dispensers in the shower so now bring our own shampoo and conditioner.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OCruisers said:

We were just on Princess in January and still had bars of soap in addition to the other things  ... sort of small bars but we could get all we wanted.  :classic_cool:

Personally I am very happy with the small bars of soap they have. I can't use the old perfumed stuff. Very glad they changed for this cheaper alternative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 12:57 PM, fishywood said:

I agree!  I bring my own shampoo and conditioner.  We do like the little cakes of soap and use those in the shower.  I also bring my own shower soap in a bottle.  I do use the bottle of soap in the shower to wash my hands with.

On 5 May 2019 at 8:57 PM, fishywood said:

Agreed. 

Also bring heavy duty conditioner as wind/ seaspray and heat play havoc with your hair.

Soap bars are fine for showers and body wash okay for washing underwear!