Can Diamond members use their free drink coupon in the dining room

On 6/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, nelblu said:

From experience, Oasis class allows happy hours drinks (3) to be ordered in the MDR.  Tried on Anthem many times, but the answer is  a flat no.  Don't know which other class of specific ship allows the same.

When was the last time you were denied a Diamond drink in the MDR during Diamond club hours on the Anthem? It seems this is the only ship anyone has said they were denied. Hmmmmmm

18 minutes ago, bananawindnj said:

When was the last time you were denied a Diamond drink in the MDR during Diamond club hours on the Anthem? It seems this is the only ship anyone has said they were denied. Hmmmmmm

nelblu is correct  about Anthem's history of saying "no".   I will be boarding in a few hours, and will report on  the current situation.  "You never know."  😉 🙂

• Like 1

On Anthem May 4 sailing and asked MDR waiter if I could use my D drink voucher. He said, 'as long as it's within D lounge hours'. So I ordered a Pinot Grigio (which I thought was on the list) and they brought it to me, without giving me anything to sign. Later, saw that it was charged to my SeaPass along with 18% gratuity. I asked why and someone told me, 'because the brand you ordered wasn't on the official list' (they served me Danzante). 

I told them, "I don't know what brand you served me:  you told me I could use a voucher and I asked for a slip to sign and you declined to provide one."

They did take it off but I didn't use my vouchers again in MDR. Not worth the trouble.

(I am guessing that the drinks server filled the Pinot Grigio request with whatever they had available, then were told to charge me because it wasn't 'on the list'. They should have just told me that they could not fulfill my request.) I think Anthem MDR is still in the steep learning curve stage in regards to the D drinks menu. 

Edited by marci22

14 hours ago, SantaFeFan said:

So, if you tip the waiter $10 you can get a $10 drink for free? That's quite the bargain!!! 

For 10 $ the bartender will have amnesia and won't even take your card. That's the bargain

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

nelblu is correct  about Anthem's history of saying "no".   I will be boarding in a few hours, and will report on  the current situation.  "You never know."  😉 🙂

Kool, have great Cruise. My Daughter and Son In Law just Boarded with you. Papa is home watching the Grand Daughter

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Great. I will await your response. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 7:56 AM, marci22 said:

On Anthem May 4 sailing and asked MDR waiter if I could use my D drink voucher. He said, 'as long as it's within D lounge hours'. So I ordered a Pinot Grigio (which I thought was on the list) and they brought it to me, without giving me anything to sign. Later, saw that it was charged to my SeaPass along with 18% gratuity. I asked why and someone told me, 'because the brand you ordered wasn't on the official list' (they served me Danzante). 

I told them, "I don't know what brand you served me:  you told me I could use a voucher and I asked for a slip to sign and you declined to provide one."

They did take it off but I didn't use my vouchers again in MDR. Not worth the trouble.

(I am guessing that the drinks server filled the Pinot Grigio request with whatever they had available, then were told to charge me because it wasn't 'on the list'. They should have just told me that they could not fulfill my request.) I think Anthem MDR is still in the steep learning curve stage in regards to the D drinks menu. 

I always order Pinot Grigio at dinner using my diamond drinks and never had a problem. I wonder if it’s just Anthem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I always order Pinot Grigio at dinner using my diamond drinks and never had a problem. I wonder if it’s just Anthem.

I wouldn't be surprised as many have said they have been told 'no' on Anthem. If they are just starting to honor the coupons, there may be confusion. My server kept repeating, 'you must order during the D lounge hours'. So apparently that fact was impressed upon him. As I said I think they were stumped when they didn't have the right wine available so they substituted and charged me without giving me another option. They were very busy that night as well, adding to the confusion.

Guest maddycat

On our last 2 Anthem cruises (Nov. 2018 and May 2019) we were able to use our Diamond vouchers in the dining room.

10 minutes ago, Static events said:

we have been allowed D drinks in the MDR and been refused D drinks in MDR... 

March/April 2017 we did a B2B cruise on the Jewel. First leg we could get our C&A drinks in the MDR (MTD). Second leg, sorry no can do. March 2019 we did a B2B cruise on the Freedom. We were able to get our C&A drinks in the MDR (MTD) on both legs. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

March/April 2017 we did a B2B cruise on the Jewel. First leg we could get our C&A drinks in the MDR (MTD). Second leg, sorry no can do. March 2019 we did a B2B cruise on the Freedom. We were able to get our C&A drinks in the MDR (MTD) on both legs. 

On Jewel last month could get them in the MDR and everywhere else except I think the wine bar.   

On 6/4/2019 at 12:48 PM, Tatka said:

They might not know who exactly did this, but they will definitely watch more.

Anyway... it is not completely "legal". Let's not get this wonderful benefit taken away by abusing it.

Tatka, you are exactly right. It would not be the first time, benefits were taken away because of abuse and bragging about it here. We really enjoy the free drinks and would hate to see it end.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 8:47 AM, Merion_Mom said:

On 6/6/2019 at 12:40 PM, bananawindnj said:

Great. I will await your response. 

YES.

Ordering from the dining room worked great for us.  We had My Time Dining at 7:30, so we ordered a D+ glass of champagne and a diet coke every night.  Never had a charge come through for it.  Once you establish that you are using your coupons for the happy hour drinks, the waiter knows what to do.  Just be clear you don't want premium brand alcohol.

I walked into Jamie's with a left over half glass of wine from DL on Mariner.  I asked if I could use the drink voucher in there for refill.  Waiter happily ducked into a side room and came out with the bottle of wine to refill my glass.  No swiping of card, no hassle.  Very simple.  🙂