Products sold onboard shops

wildlifewarrier

19 hours ago, wildlifewarrier said:

The moral of the story is to be sure to keep receipts and copies of on board statements for anything bought on board the ships. 

I'd say that the moral of the story is to start using a watch as soon as you buy it onboard to see if it works to your satisfaction. You then have a far better chance of returning it if you are unhappy with it. Also, whether you paid $11 or "around $35", it's still a cheapie watch that is never going to be a precision timepiece; it's unrealistic to expect a watch in this price range to keep accurate time. 

26 minutes ago, TwoCruisers said:

A year ago I bought two watches while on the Caribbean Princess. They were from the fine watch shop and were both Citizen Eco-Drive watches. I got them for my wife and my grand-daughter. The watches were on sale and I got an additional 10% off for being Elite. The best part is that I had a ton of ship board credit so I paid nothing for the watches!

Same here. I have a Citizen Eco-Drive watch that I purchased onboard over 5 years ago. It is the only watch I have that has the day and the date. It is probably the most accurate watch I have and I basically got it free with credits.

3 hours ago, TwoCruisers said:

A year ago I bought two watches while on the Caribbean Princess. They were from the fine watch shop and were both Citizen Eco-Drive watches. I got them for my wife and my grand-daughter. The watches were on sale and I got an additional 10% off for being Elite. The best part is that I had a ton of ship board credit so I paid nothing for the watches!

My "everyday" watch is a Citizen Eco-Drive my wife bought me years ago. Extremely reliable watch. You can't go wrong with one of those and you never have to change out a battery.

It would seem all those who replied to my original post re the bum wristwatch have never had a bad experience with buying something which turned out to be faulty. 

I should have taken the $25 offered as I bought the watch with onboard credit but it galls me that I wasted time trying to get it repaired as I like the watch, and it is still useless. Ah well its all experience.

9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

EDDY,

We sure do and your satisfaction is guaranteed. Nothing but the BEST on The Rowboat 😁.  This is the one I own myself.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

515B7F9F-E1A0-4B77-8386-AEE6EC508EB7.jpeg

I see that it is good up to 1000 feet below sea level.

Is that where the Rowboat can go?

We had a watch fail once and just took it back on the next cruise with copy of the ship account - no problem it was replaced with no hassles. Since we live in Australia no way was I sending to them.

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

My "everyday" watch is a Citizen Eco-Drive my wife bought me years ago. Extremely reliable watch. You can't go wrong with one of those and you never have to change out a battery.

My "everyday" watch is also a Citizen Eco-Drive that I bought years ago on a ship. It is extremely reliable. Now I say that, I hope I haven't jinxed it! My "evening" watch is also an Eco-Drive bought on board. Both good.

15 hours ago, denmarks said:

Same here. I have a Citizen Eco-Drive watch that I purchased onboard over 5 years ago. It is the only watch I have that has the day and the date. It is probably the most accurate watch I have and I basically got it free with credits.

Don’t you love ship board credit!!!😀

Husband has a 'thing' about Fossil watches..he buys one every time we go on holiday..usually twice a year at Fossil Outlets in USA.. Batteries are changed as necessary for £5 , in jeweller's shop, as need special tool to remove the backs.

The only one which has given up the ghost was the one purchased on a Princess ship at double the cost in outlets!

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:33 AM, wildlifewarrier said:

It would seem all those who replied to my original post re the bum wristwatch have never had a bad experience with buying something which turned out to be faulty. 

I should have taken the $25 offered as I bought the watch with onboard credit but it galls me that I wasted time trying to get it repaired as I like the watch, and it is still useless. Ah well its all experience.

Didn't they tell you they only work in the Northern hemisphere,not down under.It's a bit like the water going down the plughole a different clockwise,lol.

On 5/11/2019 at 4:53 AM, Lucky TGO said:

Gwendy,

if it looks like this ROLEXXX it could be worth at least $20.00 now. 😳😁

Tony

5482AFC0-691C-478B-89CE-D2A6C53B7D85.jpeg

That’s the same one I had, after another now, but not sure I’ll pay as much as $20 to get one

On 5/11/2019 at 6:44 PM, Aus Traveller said:

My "everyday" watch is also a Citizen Eco-Drive that I bought years ago on a ship. It is extremely reliable. Now I say that, I hope I haven't jinxed it! My "evening" watch is also an Eco-Drive bought on board. Both good.

Wanted one of the 50th anniversary ones, by 5he t8me our cruise rolled around there were none left, and that cruise we had more IBC than we knew what to do with.

11 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

That’s the same one I had, after another now, but not sure I’ll pay as much as $20 to get one

GUT2407,

I would you do know  they go up at least $2.00 every year 😳. There’s nothing like a good  Rolexxx 😎

Tony 

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

GUT2407,

I would you do know  they go up at least $2.00 every year 😳. There’s nothing like a good  Rolexxx 😎

Tony 

OMG a while $2 each and every year my gold Rollex must be worth nearly $50 now even though there’s no gold paint left and all fake diamonds fell off