Updates on beverage packages.

Tourist1292

1 minute ago, Cruisin' One More Time said:

I was always under the impression that it was not the difference, you had to pay the full amount for anything over your drink package.  That's MUCH better if it's the difference, especially for wine.

It used to be for the premium package only that can get the higher drinks with the price difference, however, that has been extended to the classic package recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisin' One More Time said:

I was always under the impression that it was not the difference, you had to pay the full amount for anything over your drink package.  That's MUCH better if it's the difference, especially for wine.

This was true a short while ago, but like everything, it evolved and you now do just pay the difference.

One change we noted on our recent TA was a 20% grat not the 18% grat... not certain when that took place. Honestly since this covers all bar purchases a 20% grat to hand someone a bottled water is outrageous

ALSO while in Spanish waters there was a tax/surcharge on single purchase  alcoholic bev (not prev purchased packages) 

• Like 1

So Celebrity is definitely inconsistent.

Currently on Silhouette and the drinks package flyer states the following prices per day:-

Standard - $59

Classic - $71

Premium - $83

Perhaps the pricing depends on the actual area of the world?

Cheers

Steve

46 minutes ago, Biotcruisers said:

Currently on Silhouette and the drinks package flyer states the following prices per day:-

Standard - $59

Classic - $71

Premium - $83

Cheers

Steve

Perhaps those prices are inclusive of the 20% gratuity?

1 hour ago, Biotcruisers said:

Standard - $59

Classic - $71

Premium - $83

Cheers

Steve

I believe the Silhouette is sailing from Southampton, in which case the price shown must include the gratutity.  

Standard - $59

Classic - $71

Premium - $83

Can you confirm please if the price limit on the Classic package is $9 per drink as I have read several different views on this.

Thanks for any help.

30 minutes ago, bernipops said:

Standard - $59

Classic - $71

Premium - $83

Can you confirm please if the price limit on the Classic package is $9 per drink as I have read several different views on this.

Thanks for any help.

You're ON Silhouette NOW? Pretty sure the most reliable answer to this will be found on the ship itself?

7 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

You're ON Silhouette NOW? Pretty sure the most reliable answer to this will be found on the ship itself?

Actually I am NOT on Silhouette NOW.  Unfortunately I didn't realise the start of my post hadn't been put in a quote.  It is actually Biotcruisers who is on the ship at the moment.  Thanks for pointing out my error though most appreciated.

On 5/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, cruisingaussies said:

Please can someone confirm that there is no gratuity charged on a classic beverage package?  I keep seeing conflicting reports. 

Thanks

If you have a beverage package the gratuity is included in the package. However, if you order something above your package limit you will pay the difference in cost & difference in gratuity 

11 minutes ago, bernipops said:

Actually I am NOT on Silhouette NOW.  Unfortunately I didn't realise the start of my post hadn't been put in a quote.  It is actually Biotcruisers who is on the ship at the moment.  Thanks for pointing out my error though most appreciated.

Ah, that makes sense. I actually did a bit of searching and, as is usually the case, found conflicting information. The prices vary depending on whether the cruise originates in North America or somewhere else. It would be helpful to know from where your cruise departs.

46 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

Ah, that makes sense. I actually did a bit of searching and, as is usually the case, found conflicting information. The prices vary depending on whether the cruise originates in North America or somewhere else. It would be helpful to know from where your cruise departs.

Four weeks and five days to go from Southampton.  Really hoping someone on Silhouette now can let me know so I can give some thought as to whether to upgrade our classic package.  Thanks 

5 minutes ago, bernipops said:

Four weeks and five days to go from Southampton.  Really hoping someone on Silhouette now can let me know so I can give some thought as to whether to upgrade our classic package.  Thanks 

Yes, I was going to suggest that would be the best way to determine the answer. It appears there may have been a recent change and the X website has not yet been updated. Appears she’s presently in Iceland - hopefully someone can post the information after its next itinerary begins in Europe.

Edited by wpgcycler
Punctuation - may still be wrong

5 hours ago, Biotcruisers said:

Currently on Silhouette .........................

Steve can you confirm what the package allowances are onboard at the moment.

Presumably as it is out of the UK all prices are inclusive so the bar prices will have gone up to reflect that have the limits gone up too? 

I'll be taking the Solstice in late July. My party has the premium drink package as a perk. Are there any extra taxes on the drinks/purchases since I'm assuming we'll be in Alaskan and Canadian water?

8 minutes ago, alkemist said:

I'll be taking the Solstice in late July. My party has the premium drink package as a perk. Are there any extra taxes on the drinks/purchases since I'm assuming we'll be in Alaskan and Canadian water?

Nope. At the end of your cruise you'll receive a bill itemizing what you drank with a long list of zeros - it's a beautiful thing. Enjoy your cruise!

10 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

Nope. At the end of your cruise you'll receive a bill itemizing what you drank with a long list of zeros - it's a beautiful thing. Enjoy your cruise!

Awesome, thanks! Can't wait 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bernipops said:

When in doubt,  I say upgrade.  I have never regretted it...

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

Steve can you confirm what the package allowances are onboard at the moment.

Presumably as it is out of the UK all prices are inclusive so the bar prices will have gone up to reflect that have the limits gone up too? 

Hi there,

According to the flyer current maximums are:-

Classic - $11

Premium - $15.50

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

2 minutes ago, Biotcruisers said:

Hi there,

Classic - $11

Premium - $15.50

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

From where did that cruise embark? Does the $11 include gratuity or is it "extra" (I know you do not actually pay extra with a package).

On 5/11/2019 at 12:53 PM, Tourist1292 said:

while it is up to $11 for classic package.

Can you tell me the price of a shot of Bailey's without a package? I have a classic for my cruise and it says Bailey's is not included... But if a shot is less than 11 dollars I'll just order a shot on the side. 

On 5/13/2019 at 1:09 AM, Tourist1292 said:

It used to be for the premium package only that can get the higher drinks with the price difference, however, that has been extended to the classic package recently.

Just paying the difference (plus the associated gratuities) was extended to the Classic back in the latter part of 2016. It happened the same time as when they changed from the different price ceilings for beer, cocktails and wine to the single $9 ceiling for all alcoholic drinks.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

6 hours ago, Biotcruisers said:

Hi there,

Classic - $11

Premium - $15.50

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

When sailing from Southampton or Australia the cruise lines are required to publish the price of drinks or drink packages with the gratuties so a $9 drink or glass of wine will show on the menu as $11 ($9. +20%) and the package limits are adjusted to reflect this.

5 hours ago, SFLcowboy78 said:

Can you tell me the price of a shot of Bailey's without a package? I have a classic for my cruise and it says Bailey's is not included... But if a shot is less than 11 dollars I'll just order a shot on the side. 

I may be mistaken but I think the price of Baileys was $11 before gratuties. So not in the Classic package.  At $11 you would pay $2 + 20% or $2.40  over the Classic package for a Bailey’s..