New chair on Summit

Fishkillbill

This "chair" replaces the full size sofa,  previously located in that space. Note ** the large gap of now, wasted space. I totally agree, this redesign is a mistake. First, for a chair to be comfortable, it should have a high back for support. This furniture item certainly doesn't invite one to curl up with a good book. Second, I hate that the far more practical sofa is gone. That sofa was an ideal napping spot for my husband. Also, the perfect location to neatly lay out your clothing for those early morning shore adventures.

The chair might look "stylish," but it serves no practical purpose. For me, it's an ill-conceived down-grade! And don't get me started on the disappearance of the coffee table. What? Were there record numbers of guests tripping over a teeny table?!

To me it looks comfortable enough,  but where are 2 people to sit in this room?   What if it is 100 degrees on the balcony, or raining and you want to be inside?

I am also ok with the short table on the veranda,  as I can use it as a foot rest.  Although it is on the small side.   

But I want a table inside too!   Somewhere to put my room service tray on.   And my coffee, or bottle of water.

Do the people that make these changes cruise???

Looks like it converts to a sleeper.  Another poster who is  in 1 of the new deck 10 AQ cabins posted pictures and the same chair was in that picture.  Those cabins are reported to be smaller than other AQ cabins and are being reclassified as 2C.

We have a new deck 10 canin and there is NO wasted space as end table is squeezed in between chair and bed.  I moved the bed over slightly so there is another inch clearance between bed and desk.

15576847590434240888539005612254.jpg

Edited by PRH
Additional information

38 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Looks like it converts to a sleeper.  Another poster who is  in 1 of the new deck 10 AQ cabins posted pictures and the same chair was in that picture.  Those cabins are reported to be smaller than other AQ cabins and are being reclassified as 2C.

Reclassified to 2C or C2?

Another thread said C2.

Currently onboard the Millennium with the same "love seat" in a C2.

Fits two if they are thin but not two average Celebrity cruisers.

Lots of waisted space on the sides.

Sofa could be at least 2 feet wider.

My issue is no coffee table.

Are we supposed to bring in the table from the balcony?

Everything gets downsized to fit in the king beds. The resulting look is awkward .Things were better with a Queen bed and bigger sofa.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

Maybe they're looking to assign stewards more cabins now that there's no sofa and table to vacuum around. 😂 

To me old sofa was a box with a cushion on top.  Very hard.  Felt they should have built drawers into the base to add storage.

Edited by Baron Barracuda
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PRH said:

We have a new deck 10 canin and there is NO wasted space as end table is squeezed in between chair and bed.  I moved the bed over slightly so there is another inch clearance between bed and desk.

15576847590434240888539005612254.jpg

Were these the smaller cabins?  How is the Veranda?

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We never had a problem with a queen bed even though we have a king size at home.  More room to move around and a sofa, or at least a love seat, would be preferable to the king.

We always found their queen beds to be larger than our queen bed at home. Don't need anything larger than those.

Different strokes....

I don’t think I’ve ever actually sat on the sofa. Let alone two of us at the same time. And one of the first things I do is move the coffee table out of the way. This setup would work perfectly  well for us. 

• Like 2