Royal Princess Passengers Involved in Plane Crash

idahospud

Such a nightmare for all involved. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the passengers who lost their lives and their loved ones both on the cruise with them and back at home as well as the pilot who lost his or her life.

Let's also not forget that it appears from news reports that many of the survivors are hospitalized, some with very serious injuries. Our thoughts and prayers need to go out to them as well.

Our hearts are heavy with this tragic news. 

Our prayers to the families impacted, to the crew of Royal, to the citizens in Ketchikan, and to the families of the pilots.

It is also our hope that those injured will find strength to persevere in the coming days and months as they recover from this devastating accident.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

Our prayers to the families impacted, to the crew of Royal, to the citizens in Ketchikan, and to the families of the pilots.

It is also our hope that those injured will find strength to persevere in the coming days and months as they recover from this devastating accident.

7 minutes ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

Wow! Very nicely said,  

• Like 2

This is so sad! I was just down at Canada Place on Saturday waving off all the passengers excited to be starting their Alaska vacation. Awful! I've done this same excursion several times, too. It just doesn't bear thinking about!

Thinking of everyone impacted by this tragedy!

1 hour ago, idahospud said:

I have a very sad update. The Captain has announced that nine passengers from our ship on the Princess excursion were rescued but one is still missing. On the other plane, four Princess passengers from our ship as well as the pilot have died.

We are leaving port now and will arrive late in Juneau. Excursions are being rearranged, and if passengers are booked on any flightseeing excursions during the rest of the voyage they can ask for for a full refund if they wish to cancel.

Counselors are available for passengers and crew. We have a very sad ship right now. Please keep the families and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

While I in no way intend to diminish the absolute pain and suffering the victims and their loved ones are enduring right now -- because without question what they are going through is beyond unthinkable -- I wanted to thank you for sharing with us and send hugs your way (and to everyone on board). I can only imagine the feelings this may stir up -- for those that may have interacted with these passengers, or considered this tour, or went on it earlier, and even for just having a dream vacation overshadowed by a nightmare. I am glad to hear that Princess is taking steps to care for the folks impacted and on board, including the crew.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

An additional update: I learned at the Most Traveled Guest gathering tonight that Princess also disembarked some staff members tasked to provide support to the families involved. Kudos to Princess.

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

My DW told me this news just now and we are so sorry to hear it. In a tragedy like this, we are all one family. To those on the Royal, know that all of us in this community are holding you in our hearts. I hope there is some way the rest of your trip can be peaceful and, if at all possible, even healing. Thank you for taking the time to update us. And to those who have lost their loved ones, and to those who lost their lives, may you also find peace.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Very sad.  In 2007 we'd booked a float plane, but cancelled after there were 2 accidents earlier that season.  We eventually did it in 2014.  

So very sad for all.  

Your lucky. More were killed in 2015.  9 Killed When Plane Carrying Cruise Passengers Crashes in Alaska

Its surprising how many crashes in Ketchikan there have been. Just one last year, but nobody killed luckily.

• Like 2

I am so saddened by this horrible news. My love of Princess and Alaska makes this especially hard to hear. My thoughts & prayers go out to those injured, those who lost their lives, and their families. To those passengers & crew on the Royal, you have the Princess community sending you much love tonight.  

13 minutes ago, kitman said:

Have relatives onboard, just don't know how to make contact with them to see if they're okay

Have you sent them a text message? They should have mobile/cell phone coverage.   Do you know their cabin number?  There are phone numbers on the princess website to contact each ship.  Sending you hugs.

• Like 2