Anthem of the Seas - Status Update

1 hour ago, kmeeker said:

Also unfortunate for those with a medical emergency! Somewhere, that seems to have gotten lost in this string of posts!! I would be very disappointed, I would expect RC to compensate me, but I would hope I'd remember someone and their family are obviously in enough distress their ship had to go to Nassau!! Just saying...

way to shame someone who's just commenting on a Thread. 

shame on you.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icemanpad said:

I hope that the passengers who suffered medical emergencies are recovering.  I truly understand how difficult the situation is.  My father once suffered a medical emergency on a ship and went directly from the ship to ICU.  We were scheduled to sail on the Anthem today and after flying to Newark last night, circling the airport for over an hour due to airport issues.  Then, not being able to stay in the hotel we had booked for last night again tonight due to it being full for the BTS concert.  We transferred to a room in Jersey City.  Due to a chemical explosion a twenty minute ride took over an hour.  Then, we saw the weather warnings and felt that sailing through a tropical depression would not be fun for us.  We tried to turn lemons into lemonade and there were just too many lemons.  As a result, we finally decided to cancel.  Unfortunately, I will not have any time off from work until Thanksgiving.   For those of you sailing tomorrow night, I give you a lot of credit!  Enjoy your vacation!

I am so sorry.  that really sucks that you're not only missing the cruise I'm sure you were excited about,  but also can't get another one till November.  I hope you can enjoy a few long weekends till then.  

• Like 1

So on my boarding day (today), I went over to 9/11 Museum, Battery Park and visited a Romanian Festival. After thinking long and hard about it---then looking at the tropical disturbance increasing to 60 chance of development and rain/wind expected in our shortened stop in Bermuda, I called RCI and cancelled.  Also, I just feel like the 7-10pm boarding tomorrow night will be a nightmare with angry people, long lines. I hope not for the sake of those still sailing. They said it would be 3 weeks before refund showed up.

Instead, I'm going to rent a car, go to Vermont, Salem, Boston and Newport on my way back to NYC for my original post-cruise vacation. This whole thing has stressed me out, but I'm making the most of it. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 10.45.48 PM.png

• Like 4

Hi all,

Anyone that’s getting off- how is the disembark process going? Trying to figure out if we’ll still stay on schedule. How were the customs lines? On the summit now; flight is at JFK at 4:30. Trying to see if i should keep or change to 6:30! Thanks 🙂

2 minutes ago, Usuallyrightagain said:

Woke up on Anthem at 5:50am, stepped off around 6:35am, back at our house in NJ at 8am. Very organized,  very calm.

Hoping the same goes for embarkation tonight  🤞🏻 

I have a question about medical emergencies.  Obviously I don't know anything about this particular issue, but in general, would cruise lines ever consider a medical evac instead of cruising to port?  In this particular case, could Anthem have decided to call a in a helicopter to deal with the emergency?  

2 minutes ago, fscool said:

I have a question about medical emergencies.  Obviously I don't know anything about this particular issue, but in general, would cruise lines ever consider a medical evac instead of cruising to port?  In this particular case, could Anthem have decided to call a in a helicopter to deal with the emergency?  

They can and it has been done in the past!  In this case it wasn’t feasible or safe for the passenger

Just now, fscool said:

The cruise line would consider a medical evac if they felt it was warranted.  A medical evac has elevated risk and has to be justified.

Plus....a helicopter only has a certain range it doesn't work well when you are in the middle of ocean.  We had a medivac done when we were on Grandeur in August last year, it was 8ish first night so we were still in the Bay and in range for someone who had a heart attack at dinner.

44 minutes ago, Usuallyrightagain said:

Woke up on Anthem at 5:50am, stepped off around 6:35am, back at our house in NJ at 8am. Very organized,  very calm.

Happy to hear that!.. Hopefully this continues all day long! 

I saw the anthem leaving on the ny harbor webcam about 5 minutes ago. 

• Like 1