Anthem of the Seas - Status Update

3 minutes ago, MikeKl said:

I’m on board Summit now waiting to disembark, they said they are a bit ahead of schedule so hopefully that is good news for all waiting to board both ships

What does the traffic look like on the road into the port 😉

5 minutes ago, FIRELT5 said:

Doubt it, really not worth it with tropical mischief predicted for the Bermuda area. 

FEE51467-A21C-4157-9008-D961319F1FDE.png

Could this mean rough seas for the 5/23 sailing? I'm so worried this is going to turn into something. However, if I'm reading it correctly, it looks like it will be dissipated by Thursday?

2 hours ago, fscool said:

I have a question about medical emergencies.  Obviously I don't know anything about this particular issue, but in general, would cruise lines ever consider a medical evac instead of cruising to port?  In this particular case, could Anthem have decided to call a in a helicopter to deal with the emergency?  

Over the years Cruising have seen Dozens Medical Emegencies. One cruise alone we had 3. We have had speed up to next port, went back to port, changed port. Had Pilot boat come out. Rare to have Helo come out, added danger and distance. Multiple times I witnessed that hey lowered a basket as ships still moving, didnt use the landing pad on ships that had them. Helo left and Family unfortunately left behind in every case I witnessed...

Edited by ONECRUISER

The Anthem is Anchored off of Bayridge Brooklyn in the Bayridge Anchorage with the pilot

onboard.  The pilot stated that the Anthem is scheduled to return to CL at 500pm. 

41643DF6-E08E-4E0C-AE30-277158424D1F.png

C87018AF-3123-4D82-91C1-E679986020EA.png

2 hours ago, fscool said:

I have a question about medical emergencies.  Obviously I don't know anything about this particular issue, but in general, would cruise lines ever consider a medical evac instead of cruising to port?  In this particular case, could Anthem have decided to call a in a helicopter to deal with the emergency?  

Yes, helicopter evacs do happen and they are done by the Coast Guard...assuming the ship is within range.  But helicopter evacs involve risk (to both the chopper and the vessel) and are stressful for the sick/injured patient.  That kind of evacuation is generally done as a last resort in cases where it is not possible or practical to make a port in a reasonably amount of time.  Over our 40+ years of extensive cruising we have seen many evacs (including a few helicopter operations), but the norm is to head for the nearest port.  

While evacs are stressful to most on the ship it is really nice to know that the priority is the safety and well being of the passengers/crew.  

Hank 

37 minutes ago, FIRELT5 said:

The Anthem is Anchored off of Bayridge Brooklyn in the Bayridge Anchorage with the pilot

onboard.  The pilot stated that the Anthem is scheduled to return to CL at 500pm. 

Thanks for the info.  (Just a friendly fyi that it's Bay Ridge. 😉)