Summit aft facing Concierge - good news (for some)

Donut23

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The canapes are a benefit of both Aqua and Concierge class.  On some ships they leave a form in the cabin to fill out if you want them delivered.  They are delivered about 3-4pm and if you haven't filled out the form and are not in your cabin they generally don't leave them.

We never saw that form...ever. And the last 3 times we sailed in Concierge they just showed up

We also never got the laundry offer on our 14 night cruise... but that's another story! Ha

For a bit --the steward brought us lovely fruit/cheese plates... which were great. Though not every day. 

We sail B2B in a few months I will pay more attention to that.

The cheese/fruit was Much Better than the canapes we have ever had in CC

Edited by Fogfog

We (that means Jim) has to call for a few housekeeping changes.  Perhaps he can get more information.  Now let’s remember how well men get ..... information but I’ll ask him anyway.

Sun Bun

is this your first aft facing cabin?  You will be hooked.

Jim’s first cruise was Alaska after a week ashore.  9258 on the Radiance opened at final payment and I grabbed it before even asking Jim.  He went crazy on the balcony!

If I want to cruise somewhere (this cruise), all I need to do is find a good aft facing balcony cabin and Jim says ..... have we made the deposit yet?

37 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

We never saw that form...ever. And the last 3 times we sailed in Concierge they just showed up

We also never got the laundry offer on our 14 night cruise... but that's another story! Ha

For a bit --the steward brought us lovely fruit/cheese plates... which were great. Though not every day. 

We sail B2B in a few months I will pay more attention to that.

The cheese/fruit was Much Better than the canapes we have ever had in CC

Can also ask for shrimp...have had  caviar...some awful stuff too...Overall nothing really great but sometimes  it's an afternoon  pick me up at the right time..we bring extra crackers for the cheese ..Can also order that from rm service..

I am thinking (and hoping) that they only changed the accessible cabin from C1 to Aqua because there wasn't an accessible cabin in the Aqua Class cabins.  Fingers crossed.  Because we are not interested in eating in Blu and we wouldn't use the PG.  So it is a waste for us.  But I am not giving up my aft balcony.  😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screwsmcernst said:

I am thinking (and hoping) that they only changed the accessible cabin from C1 to Aqua because there wasn't an accessible cabin in the Aqua Class cabins.  Fingers crossed.  Because we are not interested in eating in Blu and we wouldn't use the PG.  So it is a waste for us.  But I am not giving up my aft balcony.  😃

I hear you about your aft balcony.  When we heard we were moved to another cabin, not aft facing, Jim and I were crazy-angry.  

I have a heart which has seen better days.  I tire easily and have spent many an afternoon resting on the balcony.

Never give up your aft balcony without a fight!

1 hour ago, screwsmcernst said:

I think it was only that cabin that was changed in order to have a accessible AQ cabin.  Adding another 10-12 cabins to Blu in addition to the ones added on deck 9 would IMHO  crater Blu.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 12:36 PM, TeaBag said:

I sure hope they're not cramming more people into Blu.  We are booked in AQ on Summit and hoping it is better than our recent experience on Eclipse where the service at breakfast was nonexistent, resulting in cold food arriving eventually.  We quit eating breakfast there.  Thankfully dinner was a different experience and one which we greatly enjoyed.

Oh no!  Friends board the Eclipse on Sunday.  One wife a bit snooty about dining anywhere other than Blu and her personal service is important.  No one else really cares.

She will not deal well with slow service in Blu and will be rather vocal.  (Exhausting for others).

❤️❤️❤️❤️ to everyone at breakfast....guests and crew.

Edited by Donut23

1 hour ago, Donut23 said:

Oh no!  Friends board the Eclipse on Sunday.  One wife a bit snooty about dining anywhere other than Blu and her personal service is important.  No one else really cares.

She will not deal well with slow service in Blu and will be rather vocal.  (Exhausting for others).

❤️❤️❤️❤️ to everyone at breakfast....guests and crew.

She needs to ask to be seated in Gama's section.  He is an excellent waiter and why they put him up in the Oceanview at breakfast is beyond me.

Donut

This will be our 12th cruise with Celebrity. We always opt for an aft cabin when available.Once we were even lucky enough to land a aft corner family veranda for just the two us us.

Edited by sun bum

2 hours ago, sun bum said:

Donut

This will be our 12th cruise with Celebrity. We always opt for an aft cabin when available.Once we were even lucky enough to land a aft corner family veranda for just the two us us.

Great upgrade!  That must have been a great trip!

We have cruised in just about every Aft Facing Cabin on Deck 10 of Radiance Class Royal Caribbean Ships.

We often Cruise when we find the perfect cabin.  This Summit Cruise was the perfect cabin to a destination I have wanted Jim to see for ages.

Everything has worked out well for us but oiy!  It was a nightmare to live through.