Summit aft facing Concierge - good news (for some)

Donut23

For some you will break out the fireworks, marching band and cheerleaders....champagne flowing.  For us, it was agony for 48 house.

Ok ...

all guests booked in aft facing Concierge cabins, sit down and hold on.  You are now upgraded to Aqua Class.  👍🍾🕺💃🍸🥂💞🤸‍♀️😋

We were booked in the aft facing handicapped cabin with a friend (a triple) since January.

Since Aqua Class are double cabins, the computer re-booked us in a non-aft, Non-Handicapped Aqua Suite Cabin and left our friend flying in the wind.....AND GAVE AWAY OUR HANDICAPPED CABIN.

By the time we got through to an emergency customer service late that night we got the voicemail, the only handicapped cabin available was an inside.

They promised to work on it but seemed happy they had booked us in one on those small/double Aqua Class cabins.  No room at all for my scooter and no accessible Shower.

As a top accounts agent years ago for Royal and Celebrity I KNEW they could and should do better.  I put on my old agent cap and called.  By now we had gotten pretty far up the Customer Service Food Chain.

A trick I followed as an agent solving a problem, I refused to hang up until the problem was solved.  Customer Service couldn’t hang up on US.

i called with Flowers and Chocolates in my voice.  Took a long time but they finally realized the problem.

We have our handicapped cabin back and our friend is in an inside cabin around the corner.

What we learned during this 2 day torture .........

During the refit the Aft Facing Concierge cabins were upgraded to Aqua Class.  The sofabed has been replaced with  mini sofa/big chair and does not convert.

All of these cabins are now doubles.

They have apparently decided to alert affected guests by sailing vs. all at once.  I guess.  We are sailing 1 September and we’re just contacted.

if you are a Triple Reservation in one of these Aft Facing Concierge Cabins, call Customer Service right away to avoid our agonies with Customer Service.

if you are traveling with others in other cabins who will not receive this upgrade, call Customer Service.  You will be upgraded to Blu without your friends.

Finally, did I make your day with news of an upgrade for you? ❤️

Cathy

Edited by Donut23
Dreaded typo
  • Haha 1

Please say your friend (in the inside room) will be allowed to eat in Blu with you because of this. Normally only Aqua staterooms can eat in Blu and I would hate for your friend not to get this benefit.

Wendy

They just converted 10 C3s to AQ when the new deck 10 cabins had be be reclassified from AQ to 2C.  If they are now changing the 12 aft C1s to AQ that will be a total of 22 cabins added to Aqua.  I’m afraid that Blu will strain Blu to the point where service will suffer.

i just looked at the deck plans for both the Simmit & Millenium and the accessible aft facing cabin on deck 9 is colored as Aqua but non of the other C1are showing as changed.  Is it possible that they needed more accessible cabins and reclassified the one on Deck 9 to AQ?

Edited by jelayne

25 minutes ago, jelayne said:

They just converted 10 C3s to AQ when the new deck 10 cabins had be be reclassified from AQ to 2C.  If they are now changing the 12 aft C1s to AQ that will be a total of 22 cabins added to Aqua.  I’m afraid that Blu will strain Blu to the point where service will suffer.

i just looked at the deck plans for both the Simmit & Millenium and the accessible aft facing cabin on deck 9 is colored as Aqua but non of the other C1are showing as changed.  Is it possible that they needed more accessible cabins and reclassified the one on Deck 9 to AQ?

I noticed that yesterday when I saw the OP's post on the cabin sticky. I was excited since I have an aft concierge (C1) on the Millie, but only saw that the accessible aft cabin was AQ. Oh well, would be nice to get upgraded to AQ for free, but will be happy either way with our lovely large balcony. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, wendyam76 said:

Please say your friend (in the inside room) will be allowed to eat in Blu with you because of this. Normally only Aqua staterooms can eat in Blu and I would hate for your friend not to get this benefit.

Wendy

They are working on this one.  With all the new Aqua Suite Cabins the ship has reported some crowding in Blu.

The ship will make the final decision. 

Customer Service (who apparently now flagged our reservation as VIP) said if the ship folks say NO to Lou dining in Blu, Customer Service will comp alternate dining every night for all 3 of us.  (Very happy with this solution as well).  AND, I can still dine alone if The Boys are off somewhere on Bermuda.

• Like 1

The friend did not do very well going from  an aft facing concierge to an inside...Hoping  OP can  work more magic  and charm to get a balc AQ  cabin for that  third person...but at least they can  be together somewhere..

With BLU becoming more crowded as they add AQ  cabins   we are no longer booking AQ Class!

Edited by hcat

23 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

It does look like it was only that 1 deck 9 accessible cabin was reclassified.  The title of this thread scared me.

Really?

i find that curious.

Our friend Lou has been accommodated in another, Non Aqua Suite Cabin.

we are waiting to hear if the Ship will allow him to join us in Blu.  

Reason: with all the new Aqua Suite Cabins, the Ship feels Blu is a little crowded.  <<That is exactly what I was told.

Funny thing to say if only one cabin was changed.  Why wouldn’t the ship automatically allow Lou to join us in Blu?

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

That makes sense but I still don’t understand why “the ship” will not allow Lou in Blu?

This mess has been this way the entire time.  Jim, Lou and I scratching our heads trying to understand what’s going on and no straight answers from Celebrity.

i LOVED working with Celebrity when I was an agent.  They were straight shooters and Customer Service unchallenged.

jim is an Aft Facing Cabin - Royal Customer.  We were married on the Radiance in Alaska.

This was my big chance to introduce him to Celebrity.  It has been a difficult introduction.

Given all the tables in Blu are 2 tops they would have to pull 2 together to accommodate your party of 3.  That compounds the overcrowding more by consuming another table for a dining cycle for 1 person.

Now I'm not saying they shouldn't accommodate you since it was Celebrity that made the mess. 

On the other hand AQ perks were not what you booked.  I guess the 3rd passenger lost the aft cabin view but I'd think having their own cabin + bath would be a plus and can still hang out on your balcony. 

I think they made you "whole" by giving you the extra cabin.  If they allow all 3 to dine in Blu I guess that would be another plus.

Would you take it if they could move all 3 of you to one of the other accessible cabins on deck 7 or 8 if they became available?

Believe me I'm sympathetic as I've been dealing with Celebrity canceling a 14 day cruise on me this week and having to fight with them to get an acceptable replacement at the same price.

Edited by wrk2cruise

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

The friend did not do very well going from  an aft facing concierge to an inside...Hoping  OP can  work more magic  and charm to get a balc AQ  cabin for that  third person...but at least they can  be together somewhere..

With BLU becoming more crowded as they add AQ  cabins   we are no longer booking AQ Class!

He doesn’t mind.

they charged him the 3rd guest rate.  He will have a bed instead of the sofabed, a second bathroom

- though he may want to shower in our Accessible monster shower.

He’s going to spend most of his time with us anyway.

Lou is a delight to travel with.  ANYTHING is an adventure, he is happy to nap with me on our balcony if I’m having a bad day, and he thinks a second cabin, even inside, it a satisfactory solution.

❤️❤️ hugs to Lou

• Like 2

I guess if you are all happy, then its a good outcome

Btw,  .there are no longer any AQ class suites..previously they existed  only on Reflection but were re classified as reg suites a few yrs ago

Aq class is a non suite  level accomodation with upgraded  shower and amenities including  rm svc menu,  canapes , access to BLU dining for breakfast and dinner   and the Persian Garden..

Hope you enjoy your cruise! Good friends always find a way to have fun!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

We should still have a larger than normal shower to accommodate a wheelchair and shower seat.  

No cylinder shower for the limpy  folk!  (I would gladly take a Royal Caribbean Orgazmitron Cylinder Shower - WITH the shower curtain, to be able to walk well again.)

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Given all the tables in Blu are 2 tops they would have to pull 2 together to accommodate your party of 3.  That compounds the overcrowding more by consuming another table for a dining cycle for 1 person.

Now I'm not saying they shouldn't accommodate you since it was Celebrity that made the mess. 

On the other hand AQ perks were not what you booked.  I guess the 3rd passenger lost the aft cabin view but I'd think having their own cabin + bath would be a plus and can still hang out on your balcony. 

I think they made you "whole" by giving you the extra cabin.  If they allow all 3 to dine in Blu I guess that would be another plus.

Would you take it if they could move all 3 of you to one of the other accessible cabins on deck 7 or 8 if they became available?

Believe me I'm sympathetic as I've been dealing with Celebrity canceling a 14 day cruise on me this week and having to fight with them to get an acceptable replacement at the same price.

We will be happy when Blu decides...either way.

in answer to your “move down a deck or two” .......

One reason we grabbed this particular sailing was for the Deck 9 location.  We enjoy Radiance Class Ships and stay in Aft Facing Cabins one Deck down from the Windjammer.

Jim often runs up to the Jammer for treats for us.  Faster than room service and better assortment.  One deck away is more convenient for Jim.

we can stay in any aft facing balcony on The 4 Radiance Class Ships.

Doors are big enough for the scooter or wheelchair

Floor area in Royal Cabins is jinormous compared to Summit.  I can drive in a rental scooter, turn it around and park next to the sofa leaving lots of room to walk around.

We bring a shower stool to assemble for the shower.

We like the location on deck 9 and booked accordingly.  Moving down would be a downgrade.

we do not really care about Aqua Class.  

We are getting ready for Summit cruise next week in aft concierge cabin deck 7,  but have not gotten any notification of classification change. I wonder when this upgrade goes into affect? Maybe there will be a surprise waiting for us when we board.  Is Celebrity changing classification before final payment due so they can charge more?

I guess I'm confused. When I go to Celebrity's website and book any after cabin on 6-9 decks they show as Conceirge, not Aqua Class. I'm just asking because we have an aft cabin on deck 8 for our december sailing.

Since it appears from the deck plans that only one of the aft C1 cabins have been changed to AQ, and it is an accessible cabin, if that is why it was reclassified.  In looking at the deck plans that is the only accessible cabin in Aqua Class.

Summit deck plans  on Celebrity site have not been updated, only cabin 9164 is AQ all others continue as C1, I also do a dummy booking for 2020 Canada cruise those cabins continues as C1, only the accessible has changed to AQ

Edited by gerelmx

I sure hope they're not cramming more people into Blu.  We are booked in AQ on Summit and hoping it is better than our recent experience on Eclipse where the service at breakfast was nonexistent, resulting in cold food arriving eventually.  We quit eating breakfast there.  Thankfully dinner was a different experience and one which we greatly enjoyed.

In  the  OPs case, the extra person would not be wrong to include in my opinion.

..Not everyone dines 2 by 2..some do breakfasts solo etc..3 would not be an issue.

I agree that  BLU is becoming too crowded..The extra AQ cabins will stress it more . Only resolution is to limit  BLU to  AQ guests  only, as it was in the beginning ..Allowing suite guests  to book there was started because they had no sep dining area before the creation of Luminae and wanted one.. No reason  for it now...

16 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Actually no longer an upgraded shower on the Revolutionized ships (at least M class).  I wish I could have found the scrap pile with those shower fixtures!

??? No?

Thats a bummer

We just had an aft aqua on Infinity and the upgraded shower with body sprays was fantastic

17 hours ago, hcat said:

Aq class is a non suite  level accomodation with upgraded  shower and amenities including  rm svc menu,  canapes , access to BLU dining for breakfast and dinner   and the Persian Garden..

Canapes in Aqua? I don't see that on the X site and it was not a regular feature on a recent sailing. We did get flavored teas though.

Had to ask about pillows, slippers etc

We did enjoy BLU (size and service)

Only 1 of us used PG once in 2 weeks. 

The stewards are really pressed-- 15 cabins a day and no helpers

2 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

??? No?

Thats a bummer

We just had an aft aqua on Infinity and the upgraded shower with body sprays was fantastic

Canapes in Aqua? I don't see that on the X site and it was not a regular feature on a recent sailing. We did get flavored teas though.

Had to ask about pillows, slippers etc

We did enjoy BLU (size and service)

Only 1 of us used PG once in 2 weeks. 

The stewards are really pressed-- 15 cabins a day and no helpers

The canapes are a benefit of both Aqua and Concierge class.  On some ships they leave a form in the cabin to fill out if you want them delivered.  They are delivered about 3-4pm and if you haven't filled out the form and are not in your cabin they generally don't leave them.