Cruise on Journey "Norway and Midnight Sun" from 28/6-17/7 Special Offer

MMDown Under

I received a special late offer from an American TA for this 18 day cruise, with a single supplement of $1675.

Why doesn't Azamara offer reduced single supplement fares for late bookings to their past solo guests?  I would love to have cruised with Azamara Journey again.

However, I am going on a cruise to Norway, with another cruise line, who offered no single supplement for a late booking 

We have had two offers from the TA based in Seattle, the first for B2B with the following cruise and the second for the Norway cruise which we booked over a year ago. Included as usual by that TA, hotel/s and flights.

Unusual as the Norway cruise usually sells out quite quickly.

Had it not been silly prices at the outset we would have booked that cruise. We were quoted £11k for a V2. Other plans were made instead. 

6 minutes ago, uktog said:

Had it not been silly prices at the outset we would have booked that cruise. We were quoted £11k for a V2. Other plans were made instead. 

I feel your pain.  I should learn to not make any other plans, but I just can't do that. 

2 hours ago, uktog said:

We had a very similar price quoted for a balcony and did not book, very surprised to see the recent price drops, to late for us.

Annoying, I but would have been really annoyed if we had booked at the original price .

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 12:28 AM, MMDown Under said:

I received a special late offer from an American TA for this 18 day cruise, with a single supplement of $1675.

Why doesn't Azamara offer reduced single supplement fares for late bookings to their past solo guests?  I would love to have cruised with Azamara Journey again.

However, I am going on a cruise to Norway, with another cruise line, who offered no single supplement for a late booking 

That’s interesting to read.  This cruise was flagged to me a couple of days ago and I checked availability and prices.  A cat 06 window was £4,700 total. A cat 04 window (just a little bit larger) was just over £8,000!  I didn’t bother. I’m getting really fed up with this pricing game.  I feel like I’m playing roulette.  Passing to Azamara preferred travel agents to sell cabins is just making it worse.  

Over the past five years or so I always have at least six cruises booked with Azamara in advance.  Not any longer.  I have a couple beginning of next year that involves long distance travel, but that’s it.  I don’t even book on the ship any longer because even with a 10% LCV discount I do better to wait for deals.  It’s such a shame, but I will not play the new game.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 2

Couldn’t agree more, been severely burnt with prices on two of our three upcoming Azamara cruises.  

In future our preferred  modus operandi will be to make any more Azamara bookings at the last minute.  All extremely disappointing and seemingly driving many other loyal clients like ourselves to look at alternatives.

• Like 2

Same with other members of the Royal family, since Edge was launched. And what with the renovations of other ships being Reimagined ?? 

I think we will only be able to cruise if we wait for late offers.

Similarly driven away. 

Its a shame onboard service is still good but the pricing games have chased us away. We’ve effectively lost thousands this year never again