Bringing soda and water on board

Robinsoncruiseso

Yes you can bring both Soda and water onboard.   You can either put a luggage tag on the case or carry them on with you.  

I have been buying the cases of water from the Ship, as Princess has the cheapest water prices of all the cruise lines I have been.  I have pre-purchased two cases for my next cruise and it was under $7 for a case (on RCI I was charged $40 for a case of water)

I also buy Princess water, but bring my diet cokes on board with me. I prefer the bottles so I purchase them and place them in a sturdy zip tote. I attach a luggage tag and they are delivered to my cabin with the rest of my bags. I’ll pack the empty tote and find a store before we sail if we have to fly.

2 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

What if any are the restrictions for bringing purchases onboard a princess ship in each port? Travelling Vancouver to Whittier if that makes a difference.

You can bring soda and water or any non-alcoholic beverage on board at ports of call. The policy is that alcoholic beverages purchased at ports of call are collected and delivered to your cabin on the last evening of the cruise. Sometimes and at some ports passengers have been able to bring on wine with out paying the corkage but this isn't Princess' policy.

• Thanks 1

On our May Alaska cruise on the Grand, we carried on a case of Coke Zero (because it has to be Coke Zero for hubby!) in addition to cans of cranberry juice and wine. Preordered water and vodka for our stateroom.

(Yes, I knew we could get cranberry juice free on the ship but it was soooo nice and fast to have a quick drink.  Worth the $5!)

• Like 1

When I was working I used to drink Diet Mt. Dew and took it onboard with me when cruising. I no longer do that "work" thing and don't really drink much in the way of soda anymore but, if I did, I'd carry it aboard rather than paying the Princess price and would be able to have whatever I wanted rather than being limited to the Princess offerings. Sigh... If only I could take my own beer aboard rather than being limited to what Princess carries.

7 minutes ago, Rubynic said:

Is any soda brought onboard supposed to be consumed in your cabin (like the bottle of wine) or are you OK to drink it in the bars/lounges ?

I’ve never read about any restriction for soda like for wine.

27 minutes ago, Rubynic said:

Is any soda brought onboard supposed to be consumed in your cabin (like the bottle of wine) or are you OK to drink it in the bars/lounges ?

You take it to and drink it anywhere on the ship. No restrictions.

I even bring on a 48oz bottle of Minute Maid Lite lemonade. Being diabetic REALLY leaves limited choices of available drinks provided on ship. Also enjoy DIet Pepsi rather than Diet Coke, so bring an 8-pack of the little bottles. An empty Tervis cup and ice from my room and I’m good to go all day.