SIP and SAIL is available!

chamima

3 hours ago, polmcs said:

Anyone else notice that the big box TA is requesting non refundable deposits for S+S? I booked my backup HI cruise through Princess direct with an eye to transferring the booking during the 60 day window as the fare for the same cruise was significantly higher through the TA, yet didn’t include S+S. It’s now showing the same fare and S+S is now included but with a 10% non refundable deposit. I had booked on Princess using. FCD that made no mention of non refundable.

If you look at this chart - there are some non-refundable options. 

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/sales_marketing/Promotions & LTO/PC_Sip+Sail_At_A_Glance_Final_FINAL.pdf  

I helped my sister book a cruise this week through sip and sail with my agent and she was given a refundable deposit. 

I am not a fan of this big box store for cruises. There are enough agents who discount the cost of the cruise up front. I don't want that large of OBC and wait for a check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have a Mex Riv cruise currently booked for January 2020. The current "promotion" shows a fare increase of $440 pp. I would lose $100 OBC pp and complimentary grats @ 94.50 pp, resulting in a net increase of $635 pp for this "promotion".

Glad I booked when I did.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Think of a club that you belong to. They are order takers. I did go through the process and saw the option of both, one with a higher price and refundable deposit and one with a lower price and not refundable.

I also use an independent TA.

Thanks 

27 minutes ago, tbirfblue said:

Is there a reason why Princess won’t honor additional big box travel perks in addition to the ones Princess offers.   Big box online has sip and sail and also has an OBC and a bonus OBC offer.  Total of OBC from big box is $370.   Princess is $37/pp less price wise for the cruise 

any suggestions on how to get the additional OBC from Princess?

Thanks

Princess will never match agents prices. Agents can discount but Princess is full price.

9 hours ago, Coral said:

Princess will never match agents prices. Agents can discount but Princess is full price.

Agents don't give out more than they get from Princess ... I guess they can get a block of cabins from Princess at a set price and then mark them up after the price has gone up on the website ???

33 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Agents don't give out more than they get from Princess ... I guess they can get a block of cabins from Princess at a set price and then mark them up after the price has gone up on the website ???

There is usually a 15% commission with Princess. Many agents give this back to their clients as a reduced fare or OBC. I know my agent discounts heavily. I can expect about 10% back. This has nothing to do with group space though there are savings when they lock in rates early and the price goes up. My agent doesn't mark them up, just sells them how she usually does.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

There is usually a 15% commission with Princess. Many agents give this back to their clients as a reduced fare or OBC. I know my agent discounts heavily. I can expect about 10% back. This has nothing to do with group space though there are savings when they lock in rates early and the price goes up. My agent doesn't mark them up, just sells them how she usually does.

I think we have the same agent.

I don't know about anyone else but ours is as honest as they come.

I can cite multiple examples but the most recent was when I asked her to book us in a certain level of cabin and she got back to me and said that if we booked a higher level it would be $1000 less  because she had group space. She could have just said the higher level was the same price.

A good TA is invaluable!!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chamima said:

I think we have the same agent.

I don't know about anyone else but ours is as honest as they come.

I can cite multiple examples but the most recent was when I asked her to book us in a certain level of cabin and she got back to me and said that if we booked a higher level it would be $1000 less  because she had group space. She could have just said the higher level was the same price.

A good TA is invaluable!!!!!

Yep! And honest!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, chamima said:

Does anyone remember when Sip and Sail ends?

No one needs to remember.  Princess website promotional information indicates the effective dates.  Landmark sale is next and then the intensely awaited 3FF should follow that, assuming Princess plays along with annual expectations.

Edited by steelers36

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Does anyone remember when Sip and Sail ends?

19 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

No one needs to remember.  Princess website promotional information indicates the effective dates.  Landmark sale is next and then the intensely awaited 3FF should follow that, assuming Princess plays along with annual expectations.

I am currently out of the country and my web browser is connected to the country I am in so when I go to the Princess website it says promotions are not available for my area.

So I repeat - could some one please tell me when Sip and Sail ends.

Thank you

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chamima said:

I am currently out of the country and my web browser is connected to the country I am in so when I go to the Princess website it says promotions are not available for my area.

Thank you

JULY 16.

12 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thank you

The Princess website is currently down. But I’m pretty sure S&S goes thru July 16. 

We booked a cruise in October using the 3 for free promo using our FTC deposit of $200. Last week we switched to the sip & sail promo. Just received our new info and it's not showing $200!  Does this seem right??? 

I am waiting for our TA to call....

13 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Did you use your $200 deposit for the sip & sail promo or the 3 for free promo?

Used It on our original booking...the 3 for free....

1 hour ago, camper49 said:

We booked a cruise in October using the 3 for free promo using our FTC deposit of $200. Last week we switched to the sip & sail promo. Just received our new info and it's not showing $200!  Does this seem right??? 

You gave up 3 for Free for SipNSail? Your new docs doesn't show a deposit on record?  It shows you owe another deposit?

HI there I have a question...I am on a sailing where I got the S&S but we are in an interior so it is the Premier coffee/soda package....we don't drink much soda but I do drink root beer.  I see they have coke products on board and coke does make a root beer does anyone know if on board they have root beer?  We will be on the Emerald.  I am asking because the landmark sale is coming and this same cruise is on that...so trying to debate if I want to switch and just get plain old on board credit vs the drink package...as I can only drink so many hot chocolates but if they had root beer I may think that over as sometimes I get bored of the iced tea.

6 hours ago, camper49 said:

All is good! TA error! 

7 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

HI there I have a question...I am on a sailing where I got the S&S but we are in an interior so it is the Premier coffee/soda package....we don't drink much soda but I do drink root beer.  I see they have coke products on board and coke does make a root beer does anyone know if on board they have root beer?  We will be on the Emerald.  I am asking because the landmark sale is coming and this same cruise is on that...so trying to debate if I want to switch and just get plain old on board credit vs the drink package...as I can only drink so many hot chocolates but if they had root beer I may think that over as sometimes I get bored of the iced tea.

Can soda is not included.  They did not have any root beer on my recent Golden Princess Cruise.