New change regarding Sea Pass cards

I feel out of the loop a bit.  I seriously never noticed the colors of the card.  I had to go look.  We have had blue and silver( on the ships where we have had a JS).  I just thought they were different colors on different ships🤷🏼‍♀️.  Our loyalty level is always written somewhere on there. I have noticed folks do wear the lanyard to hold the card, just thought it was for convenience, not a “status” thing.

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It is. Strange. I guess they figured it would cause an uproar if P’s were Silver and Suites Gold. 

You do realize that in military officer rank, silver ranks higher than gold?

One silver bar is O-2 (1st Lt or LtJG) versus one gold bar being O-1 (2nd Lt or Ensign).

And a silver oak leaf is O-5 (LtCol or Commanger) and gold oak leaf is O-4 (Major or LtCmd).

😄

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

I feel out of the loop a bit.  I seriously never noticed the colors of the card.  I had to go look.  We have had blue and silver( on the ships where we have had a JS).  I just thought they were different colors on different ships🤷🏼‍♀️.  Our loyalty level is always written somewhere on there. I have noticed folks do wear the lanyard to hold the card, just thought it was for convenience, not a “status” thing.

I am Gold status... I wear mine on a lanyard around my neck for convenience.  Now when I get a gold or silver one I'm going to have to find a different way to carry it around.  I don't want someone thinking that I am a self entitled snobby attention seeker because I have my sea pass card on display

48 minutes ago, SRF said:

One silver bar is O-2 (1st Lt or LtJG) versus one gold bar being O-1 (2nd Lt or Ensign).

And a silver oak leaf is O-5 (LtCol or Commanger) and gold oak leaf is O-4 (Major or LtCmd).

😄

I was in the 101st so fully aware of bar colors. Precious metals, Gold is worth so much more than Silver. How did the military get it so wrong?  Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinkBellaMom said:

. I have noticed folks do wear the lanyard to hold the card, just thought it was for convenience, not a “status” thing.

1-2 years ago can’t remember the exact moment now royal use to write your crown and anchor status 🏆on the sea pass large bold words you could see 🧿it a mile away. Now they got rid of it and it’s super hard to read 📖anyone status anymore. I remember some blue sea pass guess with higher status to flash 🤸🏼‍♂️or get attention to their cards, since the words are smaller now you can flash all you want but all I see is a blue card 🎫hence less people are showing off their cards. 

On ships that I sail I only find people sailing for the first time or super low crown and anchor level 🔻with their cards in a lanyard ( I can tell it’s convenience for them or they might think that’s the best way to carry a seapass) and of course those on a suite 🛁also with lots of points that make sure it’s hanging outside your T-shirt 🤪

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I am Gold status... I wear mine on a lanyard around my neck for convenience.  Now when I get a gold or silver one I'm going to have to find a different way to carry it around.  I don't want someone thinking that I am a self entitled snobby attention seeker because I have my sea pass card on display

Let them think what they want....we all bleed the same!

17 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

1-2 years ago can’t remember the exact moment now royal use to write your crown and anchor status 🏆on the sea pass large bold words you could see 🧿it a mile away. Now they got rid of it and it’s super hard to read 📖anyone status anymore. I remember some blue sea pass guess with higher status to flash 🤸🏼‍♂️or get attention to their cards, since the words are smaller now you can flash all you want but all I see is a blue card 🎫hence less people are showing off their cards. 

On ships that I sail I only find people sailing for the first time or super low crown and anchor level 🔻with their cards in a lanyard ( I can tell it’s convenience for them or they might think that’s the best way to carry a seapass) and of course those on a suite 🛁also with lots of points that make sure it’s hanging outside your T-shirt 🤪

Agree...The D+ printing on my SeaPass for last month (Vision) was so tiny I could hardly see it...but the card was silver. Not sure that's denotes D+ or not.

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Wife.

Like Da Wife?  I always figured it was Designated Family member. Designated just sounds to me like it’s something you appoint. You want to be my Designated Wife for this cruise. How bout we find some kids and designate them as our kids. 

All meant in jest.....

as long as it gets me into whichever lounge I am eligible to go in, I could care less what the color is.  

oooh  maybe it should be two sided.  one side denotes your cabin category and the other your C&A status....

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Like Da Wife?  I always figured it was Designated Family member. Designated just sounds to me like it’s something you appoint. You want to be my Designated Wife for this cruise. How bout we find some kids and designate them as our kids. 

All meant in jest.....

Dear, Designated,  Darling, D@mn.. what ever the mood is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

All meant in jest.....

Lol took me a long time to figure it out.  dear wife, dear husband etc etc. ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SRF said:

😄

Are you suggesting that RCCL should award collar or shoulder board insignia for their P's and Suite guests??

Edited by Johnamac123
  • Haha 1