Celebrity luggage tags

Ambulady

If I might suggest a more accurate answer...On many cruises, you can request that luggage tags be sent to you.  They may, or may not, arrive depending on the phase of Mars in the sky, the relative humidity in Miami or some other unknown occurrence.  We usually have to request them two or three times and even then often find the one set sent in our held mail when we return.  Occasionally, someone in Celebrity HQ decides to try eliminating sending luggage tags and you won't have the option shown.  That seems to happen randomly.  If you used ChoiceAir, it seems to delay your documents and ability to order luggage tags by about a week....no one seems to know why.

Fortunately, you don't really need luggage tags at all.....you can just arrive at the port with your untagged bags and the porters will tag them for you.

Enjoy your cruise....and don't fret about the luggage tags.

Edited by ghstudio
  • Like 1

They mail in the US and Canada if you request it. I've had consistent success in calling Captains Club to make the request. The requests made on the website may fall into a black hole somewhere north of Mars.

• Like 1

I have seen many threads and comments on CC about the “black hole” of requesting the tags online and how it’s better to call.....but I did the online link about a month ago and received my tags in less than 7 days! But now I’ve been upgraded and they are moot 🤣🤣I have to print out the updated set 

19 hours ago, ghstudio said:

If I might suggest a more accurate answer...On many cruises, you can request that luggage tags be sent to you.  They may, or may not, arrive depending on the phase of Mars in the sky, the relative humidity in Miami or some other unknown occurrence.  We usually have to request them two or three times and even then often find the one set sent in our held mail when we return.  Occasionally, someone in Celebrity HQ decides to try eliminating sending luggage tags and you won't have the option shown.  That seems to happen randomly.  If you used ChoiceAir, it seems to delay your documents and ability to order luggage tags by about a week....no one seems to know why.

Fortunately, you don't really need luggage tags at all.....you can just arrive at the port with your untagged bags and the porters will tag them for you.

Enjoy your cruise....and don't fret about the luggage tags.

I agree completely about the randomness of getting luggage tags.  I requested tags for my upcoming cruise from the Captain’s Club at the beginning of May.  Then I took a 2 week trip and found no tags in mail on my return, so I made tag request online.  Despite that being 3 weeks ago, no tags have arrived.  You would think that. Celebrity could get this process right!  I am one of its top cruisers and traveling in one of the top suites, but I was still left to print my tags myself despite 2 requests, both made in a timely fashion.  Similar experience in April of this year and September of 2017.  However, in intervening time frame, while staying in regular balcony cabins, I did receive tags when requested.

Last two cruises, I got two sets.  I asked them if I could stay on for the next cruise so as not to waste those lovely colored tags, but they said no.😕

On a serious note, I don't think you can request them until you receive your documents. 41 days or less, before the cruise is what they say.

Just now, ghstudio said:

Celebrity hasn't thought of that one yet, but I'm sure they'll thank you for the suggestion 🤐.  At this time, they still treat everyone the same as far as luggage tags. 

Actually they have thought of it!  When we sail in a suite (over the past few years) we had them sent to us.  With other cabins, we printed them out.

Edited by Cruise a holic

20 hours ago, Ambulady said:

Does celebrity still mail luggage tags to your hone? Or is it only pointing the paper ones.  

On all my other cruises I relieved plastic tags in the mail... just wondering...

We've always "ordered" the luggage tags and received them at home.  Loved to get them because when we received them, it meant that the cruise is getting close!!

For a long time with all lines except for Cunard who sent us real tags we just arrive to the port and ask porter for real, but generic tag, add our names and cabin# and attach to our bags.

30 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Actually they have thought of it!  When we sail in a suite (over the past few years) we had them sent to us.  With other cabins, we printed them out.

You don't need to print them out.  We never sail in a suite (except for once) and we always get them by ordering on-line.  Last time was in April.

3 hours ago, GlennaRoseGoes said:

I have seen many threads and comments on CC about the “black hole” of requesting the tags online and how it’s better to call.....but I did the online link about a month ago and received my tags in less than 7 days! But now I’ve been upgraded and they are moot 🤣🤣I have to print out the updated set 

If you still have enough time, you can order again for the upgraded cabin. I did and just received them today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C-sea said:

If you still have enough time, you can order again for the upgraded cabin. I did and just received them today. 

I wish there was enough time, but we fly out next Wednesday. On the bright side, vacation is almost here!

It is not really necessary to order luggage tags in advance or bother with printing them yourself.  Some of the people who post here just enjoy spending their time that way.  For several, it is almost like a ritual or hobby.

We are among the lazy ones who have no desire to spend any of our time in advance phoning or printing or filling out forms to order luggage tags, so instead we simply get our luggage tagged when we check it in at the port.

The porters are so experienced at tagging luggage that they do it much more quickly and efficiently than we can do it ourselves. 

Oh,  in case anyone may be wondering, yes we do take a quick glance at each tag they attach, just to be sure that the stateroom number on it is correct and legible.                                                 

We print them, fold and put in these https://www.amazon.co.uk/GreatShield-Luggage-Resistance-Caribbean-Celebrity-4-Pack/dp/B074Q3VXSC/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=CRUISE+LUGGAGE+TAG+HOLDERS&qid=1561195289&s=gateway&sr=8-5

18 hours ago, GlennaRoseGoes said:

I always ordered luggage tags in the past. Usually do it a few weeks before the cruise and always received them in 3 or 4 days in the mail. Never a problem. 

Edited by Banjo

We’ve sailed X only 3 times and never in a suite. Our TA sends us paper luggage tags, which needs to be folded and somehow attached to the bag.  These are my back-up plan.

My personal preference goes to the X luggage tags, which are self-adhesive and appear to be better, for example, at handling rain. 

We have ordered them on line, even once after a late change of cabin, and we always have received them prior to departure. I find these are a nice touch from X, and I hope this service will continue.

• 6 months later...
On 6/20/2019 at 7:44 PM, Luvcrusn said:

They mail in the US and Canada if you request it. I've had consistent success in calling Captains Club to make the request. The requests made on the website may fall into a black hole somewhere north of Mars.

I haven't found a special number for calling Captain's Club.  Is there one that is different from the regular Celebrity customer service number? 

7 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I haven't found a special number for calling Captain's Club.  Is there one that is different from the regular Celebrity customer service number? 

The number I use is 800-760-0654. They are currently closed for the holiday.  Have a happy holiday and a Happy,  healthy New Year.