Price Drop by $20.00 worth a call?

phoneman69

It's up to you whether or not it's worth it to you.  I would call.  It would take one minute of my time to call my PVP and he would take it from there. $20 for one minute is a pretty good pay out to me.  Also, it may not go down more.  It might go up.

• Like 3

Make sure that there has not been a change in the amount of deposit or OBC or anything like that before you ask for the $20 price drop.

IF all is the same then if you want that drop ask for it. IF it goes down more you can always call again.

• Like 1

My cruise on the magic in may dropped $20 so i called, took a few minutes. dropped another $10 a few days later and i called again. Money is money. Just make sure you don't lose on board credit, both of mine still had same amount.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

It's up to you whether or not it's worth it to you.  I would call.  It would take one minute of my time to call my PVP and he would take it from there. $20 for one minute is a pretty good pay out to me.  Also, it may not go down more.  It might go up.

....and here I thought you got much more than then for a minute....😀

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

....and here I thought you got much more than then for a minute....😀

I don't know what you're implying, Jimbo, but, um...no.  For 17 years now, I have held the unpaid position of Stay-At-Home Mom and Housewife.  But $20/minute = $1,200/hour = (roughly) $2,500,000/year.  And I think that is darned good pay.:classic_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I don't know what you're implying, Jimbo, but, um...no.  For 17 years now, I have held the unpaid position of Stay-At-Home Mom and Housewife.  But $20/minute = $1,200/hour = (roughly) $2,500,000/year.  And I think that is darned good pay.:classic_biggrin:

Not implying anything, you make good quality posts and well informed, so worth the price.  2.5 is not a bad pay...

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not implying anything, you make good quality posts and well informed, so worth the price.  2.5 is not a bad pay...

Oh, OK.  In that case, thanks!:classic_biggrin:   I thought you made have been making some off-colour innuendo.:classic_blush:

Not bad pay at all.  Now, if we could just get 60 of those price drops an hour, on a regular basis, we'd be set.:classic_laugh:

• Like 2

I would take it.

In case you didn't know, you do not have to call anyone when there's a price drop. You can simply submit the form that's on the Carnival homepage. Very quick and easy and don't need to call anyone.

does carnival keep track of price drops and give you onboard credit if you are booked through the early saver booking? i have seen extra OBC on past cruises and was told this was the reason.

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

I would take it.

In case you didn't know, you do not have to call anyone when there's a price drop. You can simply submit the form that's on the Carnival homepage. Very quick and easy and don't need to call anyone.

There a form if you booked within the last 48 hours and a form if you booked Early Saver. There is no form if you booked any other way.  You call.  We booked Past Guest rate and we call.  

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

I would take it.

The advantage of calling is you receive an email reflecting the new lower price before you get off the phone. 

Called Carnival's 800 number and they lowered my cruise price by the $20 dollars in about 90 seconds and sent me a confirming email. New cost including all port and tax's as well as OBC remained the same. Thanks all for the tips to call was well worth the 90 seconds of effort.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, phoneman69 said:

Called Carnival's 800 number and they lowered my cruise price by the $20 dollars in about 90 seconds and sent me a confirming email. New cost including all port and tax's as well as OBC remained the same. Thanks all for the tips to call was well worth the 90 seconds of effort.

Congrats!:classic_biggrin:

Shoot. Our Carnival Magic cruise booked in April of 2020 just a couple weeks before yours has gone UP almost $500 for a double occupancy balcony room.   I'm booked on deck 9 forward and I did a mock booking last week and highest deck i could get for a balcony room was deck 6 for almost $500 more then my deck 9 balcony room wife and I have.   Glad I booked when I did.