New Mexico itinerary- has any been to these ports??

GroomsportGirl

15 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

That’s true. No tourist, foreign or domestic, wants to visit “SAN FRAN” any more - they all flock to Boca now 😁

LOL.  Ask the tourists standing in line for the Powell St. cable car 🙂  It's not without its problems, as big and not so big cities grapple, but IMneverHO, it's still one of the most beautiful cities in the world.  And an energy you don't find in many places.  Except for Boca, of course!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

That’s true. It’s obvious and evident that no tourist, foreign or domestic, wants to visit “SAN FRAN” any more - they all flock to Boca now 😁

Sure do.   A better place now.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RJB said:

Sure do.   A better place now.  

Is it true that the Boca Raton's motto is "Nouveau is better than no riche at all"?  LOL.

Edited by clo
  • Haha 2

On 6/26/2019 at 2:17 PM, RJB said:

We would not go anyplace in Mexico.. Very unsafe.  Seems to be the murder capital of the world.  Body's on tourist beaches.  Look at the headlines the last few years.  Rather stay home.  

And,  your opinion of Caribbean?

51 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

And,  your opinion of Caribbean?

Some good, some bad     Have to pick your spots like anyplace in the world.  

• Like 1

Wow.  Just amazed by the wariness of so many.

When I think of the places we would have never visited if we lived in that kind of fear.  Dozens of places in Mexico. Guatemala. Nicaragua.  Thailand in the middle of a yellow shirt takeover of a part of the city.  Colombia.  Brazil.  

Just can't imagine living under that halo of fear.   

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Hyperbole...its that in the mid east  Hyperbole near Athens?

And your right about St Louis Baltimore Detroit and New Orleans....  you can add Chicago ... down town LA and San Fran to the list and maybe Compton. Much better places to go... than have to play games to keep your shoes clean and  avoid  urban strife crime, bums gangs and places where they gather.  or are tolerated

Mt Rainer,  North Cascades, Redwoods,  Great Basin,  Zion,  Canyon lands,  Glacier, Gettysburg,  Ashville,   Huntsville, Bar Harbor   Portland me   Grand Canyon   Lake Powell,    Sequoia.   Mammoth Lakes.  Olympic np.  Big Sur,     Sonoma coast   Napa wine country   Sonoma Wine Country   Paso Robles     Monterey    Oregon coast Ouray colo   ..Sonora az    Black Hills,  ..... Carlsbad  Caverns     Mammoth Cave  Texas hill country...   

Time to  see the forest for the trees..... if you want to play with the bad guys, cool   I have options. I am not  going to   get into that game   Have too many alternatives to play roulette with my welfare....why

LOL. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Thanks Lynn.  The putdowns are really obnoxious. The new poster here loves to fan the flames. Sad.

Agreed.  It's not really helpful to have posters ITT claiming those that choose to visit Mexico are, and I quote, "dumb and stupid".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skai said:

Agreed.  It's not really helpful to have posters ITT claiming those that choose to visit Mexico are, and I quote, "dumb and stupid".

I do not remember it being said that way.  Where are you quoting from.   Not a good way to say things if so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJB said:

I do not remember it being said that way.  Where are you quoting from.   Not a good way to say things if so. 

Post #22 in this thread.

"There are things people do that are dumb and things that people do that are stupid.....Visiting Mexico, Syria, Afghanistan   are BOTH"

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Skai said:

2 hours ago, RJB said:

On 6/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, Hawaiidan said:

There are things people do that are dumb and things that people do that are stupid.....Visiting Mexico, Syria, Afghanistan   are BOTH  ignorance as always ,is bliss

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RJB said:

A long way back.  I was wrong.  We should be able to say things in a much nicer way.  

You are always kind in your approach to posting. Everyone can have an opinion and can state it without being cruel. 

15 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

You are always kind in your approach to posting. Everyone can have an opinion and can state it without being cruel. 

Sometimes just self preservation.  There are things I might want to say but would be taking a chance of being kicked off of CC.   Not so much free speech here. Not so happy with it all the time but maybe for the better.   Have to go with the flow. Happy end of forth weekend.  

• Haha 1

I really liked Costa Maya.  In the morning I went on a ship's excursion to one of the Mayan ruin sites - very worthwhile.  Then I walked from the port down to the little beach, which was actually kind of a nice, fun place.  The sand wasn't great, but I enjoyed looking at the little shops on the boardwalk, and stopped into the internet cafe to use a computer.  I enjoyed the fact that the beach was not crowded, and that there were things I wasn't quite expecting, like massage tables and tables where you could order a beer. I photographed the nearby lighthouse and then took a cab back to the ship.  I found the port to be an interesting place to take a few pictures of the vibrant colors, flowering plants, etc.  It was a nice day.

In Roatan we rented a motorcycle (yes, not for everyone) and drove around the island, stopping at the beach for a short while.  We enjoyed that day, too. 

We had been to Cozumel before, so I wasn't exactly looking forward to it much.  It was an OK stop, just like the first time we stopped there. 

Haven't been to Harvest Caye. 

• Like 1