CruiseNext double promotion frequency

alexgtp

Does anyone know the frequency for this promotion? Email stated it ends this month. Does NCL extend this promotion or offer it again , or is it a once a year type thing.

(you can use 2 Cruisenext certificates instead of one promo)

I know the free perks promo seem to end every month, and are than always extend it an additional month.

I have several certificates and want to book my NYE trip but i do not have all the details finalized with the group of friends we are traveling with, so I don't think i can book by end of month

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

I was able to apply 2 certs in November 2018 for a last minute booking. I think it's fairly frequent. As gmbhardy said, what's rare is the extra 100$ OBC. I got that for our sailing next month but not for the November cruise. 

balconies and above is typical. ANY stateroom is rare. understand $100 OBC is also rare, but not the point i'm making. 

FDR and AS are good in filling up 70% plus of the bookings in advance, but with the strong US dollars, weakness in Europe & less Asia (Chinese) cruising ... and the poor CAD to USD exchange rates, it's a good way to bridge the gaps and sail the ships full. 

Key to catching great deals is to book late, really last minute with those Sail Away GTY specials, if one can - could still be a bargain going a la carte with SDP and/or UBP, except for those that "must" select & handpick their deck, locations & specific cabin/suite, etc. - a matter of choices and priorities.  

I just used two of mine for an ocean view sailaway room for a cruise in August - my friend and I were going to do an inside but the use of them with the cruise 6 weeks away even allowed us to go to an oceanview (which I immediately bid on a balcony and minisuite upgrade). I was shocked when the PCC said I could use not just one, but both. 

you could go ahead and book what is most likely to be the cruise you'll end of taking now (before Monday).  Since it's not within final payment yet, you can cancel without any penalties, if needed.  Come Monday (July 1st), you'll then see if the promotion has been extended.  Worst case, you picked the wrong cruise and they didn't extend the promotion.  You can still cancel, get both of your certificates back, and use one when you re-book.  

If this promotion truly applies to ALL cabins, I may use the $500 I bought in May and book the cruise I've been looking at for a week now.

I sail in Studio cabins, in order for it to break even by booking a cabin that does qualify (if Studio don't) the cabin would need to be less than $400 more since I would get the 3 night dining perk with the Studio but not with the lowest cost other cabin types.

you can apply two certificates for any cabin, but I believe they removed the $100 OBC last month.  Even if you can still get the OBC, it wasn't for all categories.  I know it didn't apply to insides, but I can't remember if OV got the credit or not.

We used 2 certificates on one cruise last winter. I think NCL just keeps extending the promotion. But you never know when it will end. 

I also thought that $100 OBC was just on certain cruises.

That $100 OBC could be from booking a Latitudes Insider (Past Guest) Offer on certain cruises -

regardless of using two NCCs.

NCCs (Next Cruise Certificates)

As for accepting two NCCs on balcony and above category cabins - this is an ever changing promo that keeps

getting renewed revamped reinvented. Originally it was for Mediterranean Cruises then for those booked more

than 6 months away and now it seems almost any cruise/cabin/category of any length and booking time is eligible.

The GAME here is for NCL to keep the cash flowing as often and as much as possible offering very liberal

application of the NCC terms and conditions. It is a very lucrative promotion for NCL as well as the Guest.

Discounted money - buy $1000 NCCs either 4 @ $250 or 2 @ $500 and get 50% of your money back albeit in OBC.

When the ships are not sailing full any incentive to fill as many empty cabins either by allowing bidding (upgrading)

of those cabins already booked; discounted sail-away rates and including NCCs is fair game to the bottom line.

If NCL is going to sell the cabins at the last minute for anything it can muster up - better to improve the picture by

allowing more liberal rules about using the NCCs - hence an deal that cannot be overlooked.

Just booked the Jewel yesterday and used three cruise next for a B2B cruise in IX.  $500 for one and $250 for the other.  Wish I could have had one more.  Hey Budget Queen.  How was the extra weeks on the Jewel.  I am going back for weeks five and six in Alaska on the 15th.  Will I be even with you yet?  There could be more in the future.  Happy sightings😀😀✌️.

Ability to Use two instead of one seems to be the norm for at least a cpl of years now. Don't remember it being rescinded. I think they have end dates for commercial purposes but reinstate it consistently ( On balcony or above) 

11 minutes ago, falkensmaze said:

Ability to Use two instead of one seems to be the norm for at least a cpl of years now. Don't remember it being rescinded. I think they have end dates for commercial purposes but reinstate it consistently ( On balcony or above) 

You can always use two for the balcony or above, six months out. The double up for ANY is limited time.

Just wanted to update this thread. 

The CN Double Up deal is now back to Balconies and above booked  at least 6 months out:

CruiseNext DoubleUp! Offer

Booking Window: July 02, 2019 – July 31, 2019 11:59pm EST

Offer Details: Apply two Cruise Reward, CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven, or CruiseNext Lite deposits to your next eligible cruise when you book a balcony or above stateroom on sailings at least 6 months out.

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

Just wanted to update this thread. 

The CN Double Up deal is now back to Balconies and above booked  at least 6 months out:

CruiseNext DoubleUp! Offer

Booking Window: July 02, 2019 – July 31, 2019 11:59pm EST

Offer Details: Apply two Cruise Reward, CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven, or CruiseNext Lite deposits to your next eligible cruise when you book a balcony or above stateroom on sailings at least 6 months out.

But the $100 OBC is no longer available.

24 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

But the $100 OBC is no longer available.

To clarify, all of the special promotions mentioned have ended.  The current Double Up offer is the standard recurring offer.

• 5 weeks later...

Heads up - CruiseNext Double Promotion - ANY stateroom is back, as of today, we got multiple NCL emails pushed this morning, here's a screenshot image ... valid thru August 31 (don't ask about any extension beyond, not now) for cruises of 6 days or longer.  

Enjoy & go nail down those last minute bargain deals for early Fall, woohoo !! This was valid for those booking via CAS discounts and NCLH stockholder's OBC were valid/credited upon request - as always, YMMV.  Happy cruise planning and/or just pack & go 🤙

Cross-linked to another discussion thread, to ease search efforts & related questions, comments, etc. 

CruiseNext  - DoubleUp Promo to 8.30.19.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

I just booked the Jewel again. B2B.  Inside guarantee and used four $250 cruise next certificates.  This will weeks 7 and 8 in Alaska this season and all because of cruise next and stockholder credit.  If you have the free time this could be a free cruise for you also.😀✌️

• Haha 1