MSC discounts

tigger54

I was hoping someone can explain this to me. I have read where some MSC cruises can be discounted up to 15%. Where can I find this info.? Is there a list of there cruises that show these higher discounts? I will be cruising MSC for the 3rd time next year (first time in Yacht Club) and got my 5% but would like to check out some of their cruises that give 10% or 15% discount also. Thanks for any advise.

1 hour ago, tigger54 said:

I was hoping someone can explain this to me. I have read where some MSC cruises can be discounted up to 15%. Where can I find this info.? Is there a list of there cruises that show these higher discounts? I will be cruising MSC for the 3rd time next year (first time in Yacht Club) and got my 5% but would like to check out some of their cruises that give 10% or 15% discount also. Thanks for any advise.

Teachers and Military get 15% off as well- 🙂

Civil service gets additional 10% on balcony and above, 5% of inside and ocean view.  That is in addition to the Voyagers club 5%.

Edited by Até
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Até said:

Civil service gets additional 10% on balcony and above, 5% of inside and ocean view.  That is in addition to the Voyagers club 5%.

So, is that Civil Service as we know it in the UK, or does it also include Emergency Services e.g. NHS, Ambulance, Fire etc.? and Teachers. Or is it for all Public Sector staff, do you know? Thanks.

Edited by hamrag

22 minutes ago, hamrag said:

So, is that Civil Service as we know it in the UK, or does it also include Emergency Services e.g. NHS, Ambulance, Fire etc.? and Teachers. Or is it for all Public Sector staff, do you know? Thanks.

I think its just fr the people across the pond

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

I only know of it being offered to North American customers, I haven't seen it on the UK site.

The info below is from the MSC US website (https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Government-Employee-Discounts.aspx).  My DH is retired a US federal government retiree.  I just had to submit his annual federal retiree pay form (with all the amounts blacked out of course) as proof.

Cruise Deals for Government Employees

BIG SAVINGS WITH MSC CRUISES

Let us say "THANK YOU" with up to 10% savings*.

Must Call to Book! Contact your preferred Travel Agent or call MSC Cruises at 1-877-665-4655.

Cruise deals for active and retired U.S. and Canadian government employees:

TEACHERS

MSC Cruises is proud to offer these special rates for teachers on select sailings.

CIVIL SERVANTS

MSC Cruises is proud to offer special rates on select sailings for civil servants including government employees, police officers, firefighters, Federal Express, DHL Worldwide Express and United Parcel Service (UPS) personnel.

YOUR SPECIAL OFFER

• 5% discount on Interior and Ocean View staterooms
  • 10% off Balcony, Suite, and MSC Yacht Club (Deluxe Suites) staterooms 
  • Book multiple staterooms with your discount
  • Kids sail free on select sailings**
  • Best value in cruising 

*Up to a 10% discount can be applied to the prevailing market and/or promotional rates based on ship sailing date chosen. 10% off is applicable on select Balcony, Suites and YC1 staterooms; 5% discount is applicable on select Interior and Ocean View staterooms. Discount rates apply to all active and retired U.S. and Canadian employed eligible guests, their spouses, parents, parents-in-law and dependent children. Discount applies to all types of government employees, not limited to the list above. Qualifying guests must present an I.D. badge from their respective organization at the time of booking. This discount does not apply to Government Employee Rates issued through a dedicated promotional rate notice. Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion and may be withdrawn without notice. Offer is capacity controlled, subject to availability and restrictions may apply. Not combinable with MSC Club Discount. Government taxes and fees for all guests are additional. MSC Cruises reserves the right to pass on any fuel surcharge without notice to all guests. MSC Cruises reserves the right to refuse to honor any prices/sailings that are erroneously printed or quoted. Ask for "Government Employee Discount" promotion when booking. Ship's registry: Panama and Valletta.
**Kids sail free: Children 11 and under sail free as 3rd/4th guest in same stateroom with two full fare paying adults. Learn more here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

TEACHERS

MSC Cruises is proud to offer these special rates for teachers on select sailings.

Do you just phone and ask if your cruise is considered a select sailing?  Or is it indicated on the cruise?  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, hamrag said:

This appears to be another scenario whereby our 'cousins' across the pond are treated more favourably!

Having been a UK Firefighter for 30 years the only discount I have ever receieved was from my car Insurance companies due to holding an advanced driver qualification. Holiday and cruise companies forget it.

• Like 1

I have the civil service discount for US bookings I but have never used it on a sailing so far.  For eight sailings now I've always been able to find a better deal without it.

50 minutes ago, Até said:

I have the civil service discount for US bookings I but have never used it on a sailing so far.  For eight sailings now I've always been able to find a better deal without it.

We got the 10% civil service discount and then our TA gave us another 8+% discount.  I felt that was a good deal.  We'll see in January since it is our first cruise on MSC!

18 hours ago, sidari said:

Having been a UK Firefighter for 30 years the only discount I have ever receieved was from my car Insurance companies due to holding an advanced driver qualification. Holiday and cruise companies forget it.

Are you aware of bluelightcard.co.uk for employees of all emergency services? I am NHS, and have used it often for good discounts, not cruises as yet TBF for the same reason as Ate expressed!

3 hours ago, hamrag said:

Are you aware of bluelightcard.co.uk for employees of all emergency services? I am NHS, and have used it often for good discounts, not cruises as yet TBF for the same reason as Ate expressed!

Yes I knew of that group thanks.

On 7/6/2019 at 1:41 PM, capriccio said:

Offer cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion

I asked my TA to see if we could get the government employee discount on a cruise that is a week past final payment.  Answer = YES!  But only the 10% – had to give up the 5% VC discount.  Still, $300 coming back to my credit card.  And the TA didn't reduce their rebate either.  Sweet deal.

To clarify, since I've been through this a few times...

The Voyager discount for past passengers is a minimum of 5%. Some promo cruises are 5 + 10% and some are 5 + 15%. You can find these in the Voyager Club section of the website. And the math can be quirky. If it's a "5 + 15" cruise, that doesn't mean 20% off. It means 5% off, and then the remaining 15% comes off the balance (or to say another way, an additional 15% off 95% of the original cruise fare).

If you want the 10% military discount, as stated above you forfeit the Voyager Club benefits. If booking the cruise online or through a TA, you proceed as normal and call in after with your booking number for the 10% to be applied at which time they will remove any automatic Voyager discount that was initially applied.

~Denise

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 1:33 PM, Até said:

I only know of it being offered to North American customers, I haven't seen it on the UK site.

Yes North American market, why...

Because that nation knows how to respect its citizens, acknowledge their service and reward contributions to society.

The UK? Well...😂 you possibly get 25% if you have five kids before you are 21, claim max benefit and are part of a drink/drug rehab scheme (30% if you have both)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1