Carnival Recycling Soap

sunonfire

I don't seem to recall using bar soap....don't they all have liquid soap dispensers in all the bathrooms?  Or maybe just bar soap in the cabin bathroom sink?

Either way, not sure I have a problem with it.  Even so, it doesn't look like it will end up back on the cruise ship.

16 minutes ago, ishap said:

I don't seem to recall using bar soap....don't they all have liquid soap dispensers in all the bathrooms?  Or maybe just bar soap in the cabin bathroom sink?

Either way, not sure I have a problem with it.  Even so, it doesn't look like it will end up back on the cruise ship.

I don't recall seeing bar soap on board, either. Run bar soap under hot water for a minute and you have new soap, essentially.

Edited by sparks1093
  • Like 1

That was one of my complaints last month on the Magic. They ran out of liquid soap (per our steward) and gave us little bar soaps to use. I hate bar soap. We didn't pack soap because Carnival has always had the liquid soap. 

11 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I'm just the opposite. I bring a bar of soap from home for every cruise.

These were smaller bars, like hotel bars. Nobody in my family uses bar soap. Had I known they wouldn't of had regular soap I would have brought my own. 

3 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

These were smaller bars, like hotel bars. Nobody in my family uses bar soap. Had I known they wouldn't of had regular soap I would have brought my own. 

I remember when bar soap was regular soap.😀

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I remember when bar soap was regular soap.😀

We always bring our own soap as we use soap with more natural ingredients that aren't so harsh on the skin. Just one of our "things"

Pat

• Like 2

I'm very picky about my soap (which is one of the reasons I make my own), So I always take a bar of soap with me when I travel. Knowing it will be recycled if I leave it behind is a nice bonus. 

Good to see Carnival is taking such measures in accordance with their court order. :classic_wink:  Although, I have to wonder about this one because like many, I've never seen bar soap on board.  Maybe its all the bar soap being brought on by guests, or maybe it's mostly from crew. 

16 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

I've never seen bar soap on board. 

I have never not seen soap on the counter, usually in a soap tray. I also hate liquid soap, never use it. Also, never been to a hotel or resort that do not have soap and body wash.

• Like 2

I don't have a strong opinion either way for bar or liquid soap.  As long as it gets me clean, that's what concerns me.  I do, however, like the fact that Carnival is recycling soap.  I always thought the left over soap in hotels and ships was such a waste.

6 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I don't recall seeing bar soap on board, either. Run bar soap under hot water for a minute and you have new soap, essentially.

Its always by the sink and comes with instructions... in case you don’t already know how to use soap.

e1fd52c10fa10604b267cdd2dd266003.jpg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Aquahound said:

Good to see Carnival is taking such measures in accordance with their court order. :classic_wink:  Although, I have to wonder about this one because like many, I've never seen bar soap on board.  Maybe its all the bar soap being brought on by guests, or maybe it's mostly from crew. 

There is bar soap in the bathroom....

I have never liked bar soap.  Ewww ....

Without getting into gross details, the person who took the last shower must first "clean" the bar soap. YUK!!!

And yes, these were & are family.  I understand each Cabin gets a fresh bar, so they are NOT used by past guests. 

I bring my own toiletries.

🌸🌸

Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18