Concierge Class

OP, I missed that this would be your first Celebrity cruise.  On the M Class ships (of which Summit is one) the Concierge Class cabins are slightly larger than regular balcony cabins.  (This is not the case on Solstice Class ships.)  That’s about the only positive I can think of for booking Concierge Class.  The priority embarkation you mentioned doesn’t really get you onboard any quicker and I’m not sure the pillow menu still exists.  

I really wouldn’t bother to bid for any upgrade other than a regular balcony.

45 minutes ago, Langley Cruisers said:

On Eclipse in San Diego a few months ago, we absolutely did not get Priority Boarding. It was a drag, actually. Once checked-in, we had to take a number and wait, I'd say, at least 45 minutes longer.  😔 As a Concierge Class guest, I feel we should have been able to board immediately. No big deal, but it was something I noticed.

Priority starts with Suites, Zenith and works it way down.  Priority embarkation is also  a “benefit” for Captains Club members at the Select level and above so probably over half the ship.

The delectable bits mentioned by the OP are anything but and it's frequently very hard to identify what they are. Concierge called and offered a cheese platter instead on our cruise on Summit in May, but the last thing we were interested in was more food.

We book Concierge on M class for the larger cabin size but book regular veranda cabin on S class.

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Priority starts with Suites, Zenith and works it way down.  Priority embarkation is also  a “benefit” for Captains Club members at the Select level and above so probably over half the ship.

Yes, I had replied because we were Concierge Class guests and one member said they received Priority Boarding. We did not, and I was just mentioning that.

4 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Given the few pros you all have mentioned, how much more do you think it’s worth than an OV?

That's really a question only you can answer.  You also need to check the current pricing and maybe cabin availability.  I recently had a situation where after the MoveUp bids came out the price of AQ went lower than what the min bid was so I could just upgrade my C3 cabin to AQ and pick my cabin and still come out lower than the min bid.  That's probably a rare occurrence as there were lots of empty cabins and they had a fire sale to move them.

I have metrics for what I think a good deal is on various cabin types (having cruised Celebrity quite a bit).  The MoveUp I was offered yesterday I just calculated the difference in what I'm paying for my current cabin (price per person per day minus taxes/fees) and calculated the delta to my metric price and bid that.  If I get the upgrade to me it is a "good deal".

I just returned Sunday from 14 nights in Concierge on Silhouette. We had footstools, which I do agree is a nice addition.....but I don’t know if Concierge is worth the price (even though I paid for it as a move up bid, so not a very large financial investment).

Do you need canapés every afternoon? There is already so much food....and it’s more of a nuisance to have the stateroom attendant interrupt you to bring them, then pick them up later. 

Everyone loves a free bottle of bubbly....but it would be cheaper just to buy one if you want it.

Veranda was actually larger in our original cabin, before winning the move up bid, as it was near the hump.

I don’t think we used any of the other “benefits”

Edited by GlennaRoseGoes

I got an "upgrade" from MoveUp last summer on a British Isles sailing; I am not sure if any has changed from below:

- A separate, better quality tote bag (heard that they have done away with it; any one can confirm?)

- A voice mail on your phone every evening from the concierge guy/gal

- A destination seminar, which IMO is a sales pitch for their excursions

- A separate line for check-in

- Embarkation lunch in the MDR

- Welcome glass of bubbles at the door right after boarding

- Afternoon snacks brought to your cabin

We weren't invited to any special events throughout though........

4 hours ago, ben.chan said:

- A separate, better quality tote bag (heard that they have done away with it; any one can confirm?)

Haven’t seen that one yet on our current Med cruise, not in the room nor anyone else with it. Just the regular basic blue one around.

I think CC also gets “better” tables in the MDR or I might be wrong?

Don’t forget the extra points if you book CC initially. Plus the conciërge is a handy asset for adjusting dining or anything else (OBC not showing :classic_huh:). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Hm, been invited Concierge Class heli pad  sail in/always on both M and S class. Not sure if all receive such an inivation for the same day with the number of guests and size of the pad?

We’re just normal Select members so that should not be it.. :classic_laugh:

Was on Solstice in March, Port side cabins got the helipad one day and Starboard cabins got it the next.

• Like 1

Never got a tote bag.

Canape’s, still trying to figure out what they were. The first day they were in the cabin but if you wanted them for the rest of the cruise, you had to fill out the form.

Yes, had footstools.

Priority boarding, depends on where in the world you are. Checked in at Auckland and it is one line fits all. But it moved very quickly. Think it was only suites that got a separate line.

On 7/10/2019 at 10:16 PM, helen haywood said:

OP, I missed that this would be your first Celebrity cruise.  On the M Class ships (of which Summit is one) the Concierge Class cabins are slightly larger than regular balcony cabins.  (This is not the case on Solstice Class ships.)  That’s about the only positive I can think of for booking Concierge Class.  The priority embarkation you mentioned doesn’t really get you onboard any quicker and I’m not sure the pillow menu still exists.  

I really wouldn’t bother to bid for any upgrade other than a regular balcony.

I ended up bidding on both. There is only one Veranda left for our sailing, but several CC. 

On 7/11/2019 at 4:18 AM, wrk2cruise said:

I recently had a situation where after the MoveUp bids came out the price of AQ went lower than what the min bid was so I could just upgrade my C3 cabin to AQ and pick my cabin and still come out lower than the min bid.  That's probably a rare occurrence as there were lots of empty cabins and they had a fire sale to move them.

Mat what point did they do this?  What are you calling a whole lot?

On 7/10/2019 at 10:54 PM, Langley Cruisers said:

Yes, I had replied because we were Concierge Class guests and one member said they received Priority Boarding. We did not, and I was just mentioning that.

I guess it may depend on the port. We got priority boarding in a separated line that is also for Elite member at Vancouver. There was almost no waiting.

We also got invited to the helipad sail away/in.

On 7/10/2019 at 11:29 PM, LovetheSea said:

We bid just above the minimum bid. Our bid was excepted just yesterday. Went from an Inside to a Concierge Class. Totally worth it! We leave on Friday, on the Millie. 

If you don't mind to answer, how much more person was this?  I am thinking of doing the same for our Equinox cruise next year and just trying to figure out about how much that would be.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Von & John said:

Congrats Tami  --  Enjoy your Cruise!

Thank you!

On 7/18/2019 at 4:53 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

I think CC also gets “better” tables in the MDR or I might be wrong?

Don’t forget the extra points if you book CC initially. Plus the conciërge is a handy asset for adjusting dining or anything else (OBC not showing :classic_huh:). 

Better tables...such as?  My idea of a good table will be one where my tablemates actually show up, and preferably a 6-10 top with no children at the table since we will be traveling alone. If we don’t end up liking our table assignment, would it be easier for us to change our dining since we will be concierge class?  

We got our through MoveUp so no extra points. 

On 7/18/2019 at 6:33 AM, Cathy611 said:

Never got a tote bag.

Canape’s, still trying to figure out what they were. The first day they were in the cabin but if you wanted them for the rest of the cruise, you had to fill out the form.

Yes, had footstools.

Priority boarding, depends on where in the world you are. Checked in at Auckland and it is one line fits all. But it moved very quickly. Think it was only suites that got a separate line.

I will probably ask for a cheese or fruit plate instead. We could enjoy it with a glass of wine on our balcony.  

It said we will get priority boarding so I hope we do. We always get there early anyway because we like to start our vacation right away!  

We always bring our own crackers to go along with the fruit and cheeses..X is  stingy and sometimes the crackers taste stale or not the   style we like.  

Edited by hcat

6 hours ago, hcat said:

We always bring our own crackers to go along with the fruit and cheeses..X is  stingy and sometimes the crackers taste stale or not the   style we like.  

Thanks for the tip!  I’ll bring my own then. I prefer cracked pepper Triscuits with my red wine anyway.