Why Princess Cays first now on most itineraries?

kywildcatfanone

53 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

It was our first stop on our Regal cruise to the Eastern Caribbean this year and will be the first stop on our Southern Caribbean 10 day on the Crown next March.

Southern is pretty much Eastern but going further south with more islands.  It seems to be often not on Western itineraries, but we don't look at those anymore.

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

We've only sailed the Caribbean once. (Yeah, yeah... Whatever) We did a 14 day Circle Caribbean (true 14 day not a B2B) and we didn't even stop there. I was surprised. We kind of wanted to check it out. I actually thought that "first" was the norm.

How'd you like that?  That's what we're going on in a couple months.

And true, no PC. Which I'm fine with.  I had been before.  It was nice, but nothing too special to where you're missing out by missing it.

23 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

And true, no PC. Which I'm fine with.  I had been before.  It was nice, but nothing too special to where you're missing out by missing it.

It was a good cruise but tiring. So many ports! We like more sea days than one gets in the Caribbean. I do wish I could go back and get some of that great Foursquare Rum in Barbados though. One can get Mount Gay Barbados Rum anywhere but not the Foursquare - at least not around here. You will have a great cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

One can get Mount Gay Barbados Rum anywhere but not the Foursquare - at least not around here. You will have a great cruise.

Total Wine and More in Roseville, CA has Foursqaure Probitas and Spiced

1 hour ago, stoneharborlady said:
21 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

First or last it works for me either way.

I enjoy a nice relaxing day!  😎

55 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

For sure!  😎

meh .. nothing special .. it is nice to stay on the uncrowded ship

tender over, rocky sand and water , bbq - just ok

but it is a toes in the sand beach day for those who can't do that whenever they want with a short drive, so I totally understand that

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, voljeep said:

but it is a toes in the sand beach day for those who can't do that whenever they want with a short drive, so I totally understand that

Understood that as you live in Florida, it would not be special to you.  I am eight hours drive away from my favorite beach, so I find Princess Cays to be a bit of heaven on earth.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Ha I gave up on that nasty BBQ many moons ago.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, richmke said:

Total Wine and More in Roseville, CA has Foursqaure Probitas and Spiced

Thanks. Of course that's 2 hours away and the Probitas is a white rum. (I pretty much just don't do spiced rum.) Sadly, I can't remember exactly which rum I got at the distillery. (Stooooopid, I know.) It was so freaking smooth that my wife could actually drink it straight. Normally, the only liquor she drinks straight is Gran Marnier. I had no idea it would be so good and so smooth and also didn't realize I wouldn't be able to get it at home. (Again, stooooopid!) Ah, well. I can remember how good it was and perhaps we will get back there again one day. Living in California those Caribbean cruises aren't quick and easy like they are for folks in Florida.

Just now, stoneharborlady said:

Understood that as you live in Florida, it would not be special to you.  I am eight hours drive away from my favorite beach, so I find Princess Cays to be a bit of heaven on earth.

I am a little ways away too.  😎

Actually, Princess Cays has always been first on the itinerary, and it always use to end with Grand Turk. I loved Grand Turk, now you never really see it on their itineraries. I've been sailing Princess since 04' or 06', and I sail on them out of FLL super frequently.

19 hours ago, FloaterBoat said:

We did that cruise as well and liked it so much we are going again in March 2020!!

My husband dives so the Caribbean works well for us.   It was a busy itinerary but on several days I just took a walk and headed back to enjoy the quieter ship.  Food and service were excellent onboard and overall it was a pretty perfect vacation!

• Like 1

We've done it both ways when visiting Princess Cays.

As long as we're paying the port charge we might as well get off the ship & enjoy the picnic lunch & walk around to get some exercise rather than just sitting by the pool.  

On 7/12/2019 at 9:47 AM, MissP22 said:

They do stop there on certain cruises. 

Use the hair dryer.

Works for me. 

Or put it in a zip lock bag and wash it when you get home.

• Like 1

Between 2002 and 2016 we stopped at P Cays ten times, generally only when doing the eastern Caribbean itinerary (St. Thomas, St. Martin) and usually it was the last stop.  We traditionally cruised there in Jan.  Have no idea why the change.

Edited by BarbinMich

On 7/13/2019 at 8:04 AM, Jeter02 said:

Actually, Princess Cays has always been first on the itinerary, and it always use to end with Grand Turk. I loved Grand Turk, now you never really see it on their itineraries. I've been sailing Princess since 04' or 06', and I sail on them out of FLL super frequently.

Yes I've wondered what happened to Grand Turk.  First cruise ever was Eastern on Crown Princess - Princess Cays, St. Thomas / St. Maarten, Grand Turk.  Now they just dropped Grand Turk and made it a 3 port itinerary....2.5 depending on how you classify princess cays lol.  Bring it back! I see it's still an active stop on cruisemapper.

45 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Yes I've wondered what happened to Grand Turk.  First cruise ever was Eastern on Crown Princess - Princess Cays, St. Thomas / St. Maarten, Grand Turk.  Now they just dropped Grand Turk and made it a 3 port itinerary....2.5 depending on how you classify princess cays lol.  Bring it back! I see it's still an active stop on cruisemapper.

Enjoyed the couple of times we got to Grand Turk - always ended up at Jack's Shack down the beach ...Princess makes money on Princess Cay stops when people buy drinks, rent cabanas ... not so much at GT

only plus for PC that I see vrs GT is being able to use the PBP on PC

17 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Enjoyed the couple of times we got to Grand Turk - always ended up at Jack's Shack down the beach ...Princess makes money on Princess Cay stops when people buy drinks, rent cabanas ... not so much at GT

only plus for PC that I see vrs GT is being able to use the PBP on PC

Love Jack's Shake and their fog Topher! I'm all about supporting the locals.

We have only done 2 Caribbean and have one more scheduled. Our first was out of NY and did not include PC. Our second was out of FLL (western) and did. Our one scheduled for January, also western, does not stop at PC. Honestly, we are ok with that. I  am the biggest beach person in the family and we live just outside of Charleston, so we are literally 8 miles from the beach.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:57 AM, Daniel A said:

Then don't wear one...  :classic_tongue:

I actually once saw some lady at Princess Cay sunbathing without the top half of her bikini.  I guess she realized the hair dryers in the cabins would take forever to dry an entire bathing suit.