Same Room on MAGIC 6 months apart leave note ?

phoneman69

I have the same room booked on the Magic for 2 cruises 5 months apart. Do i leave myself a note ? Thinking yes like on masking tape in closet above shelf. Maybe bed frame. Would you give this a try and were would you put it?

• Like 2

Someplace very discrete in a closet might be my bet.  Taped down small and flush on the life vest shelf?  Nothing bigger than a small index card.  Good luck.  Very fun. 

31 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

I have the same room booked on the Magic for 2 cruises 5 months apart. Do i leave myself a note ? Thinking yes like on masking tape in closet above shelf. Maybe bed frame. Would you give this a try and were would you put it?

Remember, if you are going before and after a scheduled dry dock, you may not find that note, as typically, carpeting and furniture are replaced. 

10 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I think it is a cool idea.  Maybe get a post card in one of the ports and fill it out with something fun you did, along with the date, and then tape it to the underside of a drawer or shelf.

Liking the idea of a fun thing we did. Post card might be a little large but surely the right frame of thought.

8 hours ago, Chervil said:

That's a fun idea!
Also, maybe explain what it is in case anyone finds it!

For that matter, post date it and say that if you find this, it proves time travel is real!

A Back to the Future type moment. Would hope if another guest were to find it they would put it back. Now to just make a prediction for the 5 month time frame. Cubs to win the World Series ?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bambidrummer said:

I would leave it under the fake carpet in the safe.  I am always picking that up looking for my ring which seems to fall under it.

I was going to suggest the same thing.

Since that's been taken, I guess it depends how much effort people want to go to.

You might get some ideas from this Modern Rogue video. Now obviously you probably shouldn't tear things apart, but on the back of a painting, or the underside of a draw might work.

I don't understand this question??  What is the purpose of this note?? We are also in the same cabin on 2 cruises that are months apart but I still don't understand the point of leaving a note from the first cruise???

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I don't understand this question??  What is the purpose of this note?? We are also in the same cabin on 2 cruises that are months apart but I still don't understand the point of leaving a note from the first cruise???

No real purpose other than having a bit of fun!
Will the note still be there?
Will someone else find it?
Will I remember what I wrote to myself?

It's like my family's tradition of adding "and that's to go" when giving our order at a drive-thru.
No reason for doing it, just entertaining ourselves!

Something else I just thought of is buy one of the photos from your cruise of you and your family.
Leave the note on the back of that and hide it.

That way you have a nice little memento of your last cruise on this one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

I don’t understand it either.  My initial thought was maybe the OP was a kid and thought it would be fun for some reason, but I still don’t get it. Of course I don’t understand people’s fascination with hiding ducks, so maybe I am too mature (i.e. old) to understand things like this. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bowman1 said:

Absolutely - I would go with the underside of the desk drawer.  

Maybe leave some cash as a reward for anyone else who finds it in the meantime

That would be fun!  Or a small $5 Dunkin or similar gift card.  

49 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

I would be concerned if I did that and the note was still there 6 months later. Makes me worried about how well the room gets cleaned overall. 

Really?  When was the last time you looked at the underside of a drawer in your kitchen?  We build the house we have lived in for the last 30 years. I better go examine the underside of a few drawers!  🤪

• Like 2

Hide an unused Carnival gift card, then you'll have some bonus spending money 5 months later! Make it difficult to better ensure it's still there, or if you're feeling generous, it could be a little less difficult so that someone else might find it. Wrap the note around it.

For those who don't understand, fun can be had in many different ways, depending on the person. That seems quite obvious.