Seine River Cruise Paris

Allenjolly

1 hour ago, mskaufman said:

Are you looking for the local Seine cruise within Paris or perhaps the Paris to Paris river cruise that goes to Normandy and back?

Good question. I assumed it was a Seine River Cruise (Normandy) and not just the cruise of the Seine from Paris.

If just a cruise of the river from Paris:

We booked the Seine River Cruise (dinner) in Paris with Bateaux Mouches - it was wonderful! They offer several choices - not just the dinner cruise.

Edited by dogs4fun

Hi. We loved this itinerary. Make sure whichever cruiseline you choose the ship docks in Paris with a view of the Eiffel Tower. Viking does not. I’m a little surprised that an official CC editor would suggest a thread that only pertains to Viking. 

2 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

It was posted somewhere that Viking will have 2 new ships on the Seine next year that will be short enough to dock in Paris proper--the rest will be longships exiled out in Le Pecq.

That’s good news. I guess the Viking website would have the specific details. 

7 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

I’m a little surprised that an official CC editor would suggest a thread that only pertains to Viking. 

I guess she thinks that it covers enough general information there to make it helpful to anyone who is planning on sailing the Rhone or the Seine.

We did the Grand Circle cruise from Normandy to Paris a couple of years ago.  Great trip.  We docked for two nights at the end of the cruise, cruising upriver both nights to see Paris at night along the river. Grand Circle runs the trip in both directions. 

Our trip started with one night at a hotel adjacent to Charles de Gaulle, where we met our fellow cruise mates.  We were then bused to the ship docked at the mouth of the Seine in the medium-sized city of  Honfleur at the mouth of the river.  We stopped at the Peace Memorial Museum in Caen along the route.  From Honfleur we took a days trip to the Normandy beachs and national cemetery.  We did a walking tour of Honfleur, which is an attractive city.  Leaving the port of Honfleur aboard our cruise ship we made stops along the Seine to visit Monet's home in Caudebec.  Then, we proceded to Rouen for a home visit, which is something that GCT always does, allowing us to meet local people in their homes.

Other stops were at Vernon, Giverny, Conflans and finally Paris for two nights.  The entire trip was 13 days, including two travel days.  The GCT ship was the M/S Bizet, which has a passenger capacity of 120 with a crew of 35.

2 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

That’s good news. I guess the Viking website would have the specific details. 

We are booked for next July.  The details are on the Viking website but you have to look closely.

4 minutes ago, mskaufman said:

We are booked for next July.  The details are on the Viking website but you have to look closely.

And it is very important that you do, because the difference between docking at the Eiffel Tower and docking far away in Le Pecq are major.  I have a feeling that we will get a lot of negative threads from those who innocently booked one of the longships and then discovered they were parked out in the boonies.  I hope Viking plans to build enough of these smaller ships to completely cover this itinerary, and transfer the longships to other rivers.

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And it is very important that you do, because the difference between docking at the Eiffel Tower and docking far away in Le Pecq are major.  I have a feeling that we will get a lot of negative threads from those who innocently booked one of the longships and then discovered they were parked out in the boonies.  I hope Viking plans to build enough of these smaller ships to completely cover this itinerary, and transfer the longships to other rivers.

So far, there will be three of them. The trips docking in LePecq are cheaper, so yes, I do hope people pay attention. The information is buried. It is not under the dates and pricing tab but under the itinerary tab but only if you click know to click on each day of the cruise for even more information and only if you click on day. On the dates and pricing, it only says Paris and it does not indicate LePecq on the two ships that will be dock there. So, agreed, Jazz -- the storm is coming.

It says:

Note: The Paris port authority assigned Viking Kadlin and Viking Rinda a docking location in Le Pecq, a western suburb of Paris. To help maximize your time in the city center, we are offering complimentary shuttles for Viking guests throughout your stay. Viking Kari, Viking Radgrid and Viking Skaga will dock at Port de Grenelle in central Paris.

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It is not just where you are docked in Paris that is different between the two Itineraries.  There are other differences noted in the fine print.  Most might consider these minor but others might miss out on something they thought they were going to see.

Hi,

While doing research i also came to know about France Cruises from where you can book Seine river cruise. They have a great itinerary, I am also going to take 'RAYMONDE' CRUISE IN PARIS & CHAMPAGNE"

Day 1: PARIS

Day 2: PARIS - LAGNY-SUR-MARNE

Day 3: LAGNY-SUR-MARNE - MEAUX - SAINT-JEAN-LES-DEUX-JUMEAUX

Day 4: SAINT-JEAN-LES-DEUX-JUMEAUX - CHÂTEAU THIERRY

Day 5: CHÂTEAU THIERRY - DORMANS

Day 6: DORMANS - EPERNAY

Day 7: EPERNAY - Paris

You can check their website for more details 

The MS Raymonde is a CroisiEurope ship that is far smaller than the standard river cruise ships. It is officially a barge. CroisiEurope also offers this itinerary on their website. Epernay to Paris is partly on a canal the river cruise ships cannot sail, and also very few river cruise can go to the upstream areas of Paris and further.

notamermaid

The Grand Circle ship docks with a fantastic view, near the Eiffel Tower. Their ships are smaller and can dock near the center of Paris. Standing on their sun deck at night when the Eiffel Tower “twinkles” and a glass of champagne in your hand is a special moment on your trip to Paris

Honestly, besides the fact that I have no idea what your question is, 99% of those who are reading this thread have never cruised up stream from Paris and we can't help you. As notamermaid points out, river cruises don't go that way, they travel down stream from Paris into Normandy.

I am not sure that you have found the right audience for your  question and I don't know where to send you to find the right audience. Maybe someone else reading this thread can point you in the right direction.

Edited by Peregrina651

16 hours ago, HoneyJan said:

The Grand Circle ship docks with a fantastic view, near the Eiffel Tower. Their ships are smaller and can dock near the center of Paris. Standing on their sun deck at night when the Eiffel Tower “twinkles” and a glass of champagne in your hand is a special moment on your trip to Paris

On our GCT cruise, we cruised up river to the "Statue of Liberty" to view the twinkles with bubbly on them.

We did the Paris to Honfleur route. An advantage of that was that we had our arrival afternoon to walk to the Eifel Tower and use the tickets we booked online. I opted not to take the optional to see the Bayeux tapestry and had a wonderful day wandering and lunching in Honfleur.

I think ending the trip with the transfer between Honfleur and the CDG hotel  at the hotel is preferable to spending the arrival day at the hotel. Just something to consider when booking.

Edited by CPT Trips