Sushi on Five

bikerunner

Have found some info on this spot but looking for anyone who has gone in the past couple of months and there experience.  I see it as a good alternative for a night or 2 from MDR and other specialty rest.  I am on the Reflection in Nov and know I will be doing LCG and Murano a few times but no interest in Qsine show and Tuscan seems to be hit or miss lately for many.  I might try it once to see how it is again. 

I believe that Sushi On 5 is only open for lunch on sea days, not sure.

We have eaten there a couple of times and enjoyed it very much.

You do realize that it is ala carte, much more inexpensive than going to a sushi bar.

I suggest the lobster ramen, very good !!! 

We had lunch and dinner at Sushi on 5 aboard our Reflection cruise this past Jan.  We purchased the all-you-can-eat option and then proceeded to try to get our money's worth!

F7B8244C-8633-4BD0-A39D-15C0B96FCF22.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

4 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

You do realize that it is ala carte, much more inexpensive than going to a sushi bar.

I have a 5 or 6 day specialty rest pkg that I decided to get.  (11 day cruise)  I think I get like 35 towards it and from sample menu that is good enough for what I want I think.  Ramen always on order if its there. 

Sushi on 5 is great for dinner.  Why did they start closing it down for dinner?

22 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

It's not a la carte if you have dining package.  Since when have they closed it for dinner?  Is that only on certain ships?  

31 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

I was on the Reflection last year, we did not having  dining package, it was closed on port days and only open for lunch.

I just checked my previous Celebrity Today newsletters.

All ships have dining packages.  Are you saying that you didn't buy a package?  

Also, Cruise Critic indicates that, at least now, Sushi on 5 serves dinner on the Reflection.

We were on Reflection in June and had dinner at Sushi on 5 one night.  They also have a sushi to go option so we also took an order to go for lunch on a sea day and ate on our balcony!  Food was wonderful both times.  

We were on the Solstice this past May. We quietly mentioned to our waiter in the Blu restaurant that we love sushi.

The next evening, he offered us "All you can Eat" at Sushi on 5 for $25/person.

Really? Just like mahdnc, we took the offer and had a field day...you had to carry me out.......outstanding.

8 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

I was on the Reflection last year, we did not having  dining package, it was closed on port days and only open for lunch.

I just checked my previous Celebrity Today newsletters.

Interesting as we have had dinners in Sushi on 5 on several ships (both sea days and port days) in addition to lunches (both sea days and port days).  Our most recent Celebrity experience was a B2B2B on the Eclipse (Buenos Aires to Vancouver) which started in March and ended in April.

We were just on the Solstice late June/early July and Sushi on 5 was by far our favorite meal on the ship.  I realize you said you're on Reflection and not Solstice.  I'm not sure how consistent the experience is between ships.

We did an AYCE dinner for $30/person for a group of 4 of us and they were very sweet and calculated our actual total and then charged us that (it turned out to be about $28.50 a person instead, such a savings!).  I thought the menu had a nice variety and the sushi rolls were made really well.  One of my pet peeves are when the rolls have so much stuff and extra rice in them that they're unmanageable monsters.  These were the perfect size to eat comfortably and enjoy.  We also stopped in here for a few a la carte rolls early in dinner service when we were going to be joining friends with late seating dining reservations.

My particular favorites from what we tried were the Scallop and Shrimp Dynamite, Alaskan California roll, and the Spicy Tuna and Shrimp Tempura.  There was nothing we ordered (which was a good portion of the menu) that I disliked.  I thought the weakest thing we had was the Lobster Ramen, and even that wasn't "bad" per se, just not something I personally would have opted to order again.

4 hours ago, Ariyel said:

We were just on the Solstice late June/early July and Sushi on 5 was by far our favorite meal on the ship.  I realize you said you're on Reflection and not Solstice.  I'm not sure how consistent the experience is between ships.

We did an AYCE dinner for $30/person for a group of 4 of us and they were very sweet and calculated our actual total and then charged us that (it turned out to be about $28.50 a person instead, such a savings!).  I thought the menu had a nice variety and the sushi rolls were made really well.  One of my pet peeves are when the rolls have so much stuff and extra rice in them that they're unmanageable monsters.  These were the perfect size to eat comfortably and enjoy.  We also stopped in here for a few a la carte rolls early in dinner service when we were going to be joining friends with late seating dining reservations.

My particular favorites from what we tried were the Scallop and Shrimp Dynamite, Alaskan California roll, and the Spicy Tuna and Shrimp Tempura.  There was nothing we ordered (which was a good portion of the menu) that I disliked.  I thought the weakest thing we had was the Lobster Ramen, and even that wasn't "bad" per se, just not something I personally would have opted to order again.

Thanks for the info all. This looks like one I will definitely enjoy and a great alternative to the other dining options.   I will be sure to ask to see if u can get a discount to various ppl hawking dining options!   Always do anyway even tho I did buy a dinner pkg.  thinking of cxlimg and winging it for deals.  I’m not particular on times. Late works for me without issues. 

I think we had all you can eat, but if you order a starter, a sushi, and a main, you will be between $30 and $35 in any case.  It's a great venue and we go once or twice a cruise (with the dining package).  I think the sake is covered under the classic drinks package as well.  

18 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

Sushi on 5 is great for dinner.  Why did they start closing it down for dinner?

I think it's probably the wording which wasn't clear. I think the meaning is it's only open for lunch on sea days, it's closed for lunch on port days. But it's still open for dinner every day.

Agree also it's a great place to eat and we've always found the $35 allowance for the dinner package more than enough and on the rare occasions we've gone slightly over they haven't charged us extra.

Edited by Bobal

26 minutes ago, ladyonboard said:

I do not eat Sushi, but my husband loves it!.  We will be on the Summit in December, and wondered if there are options for non-Shushi diners?  Perhaps Tempura?  

The sample menu shown on Celebrity's website shows a good mixture of things. 

menu.jpg

27 minutes ago, hcat said:

Looks like a good variety to suit sushi lovers and those who prefer other items!

We will def go for lunch.  Is it genrally open on Sailaway Day?

Yes, usually open on embarkation day. We love Sushi on 5 - it's a must for specialty dining on every cruise for us... usually more than once!

Our experience was June 2018 on Millennium so...

Wanted to add that we went to the sushi making demonstration and one perk for attending the demo was a choice of a certain % off OR a flat rate for all you can eat. The demo was toward the end of the cruise...the last sea day?

We love Sushi on Five but don’t order enough to make it worth using a dining package or even $30 per person for all you can’t eat. At the end of the first meal on Sushi on Five, we have always been given a 20 percent off coupon for future meals. On the Silhouette in June, there was a 30 percent off offer in the daily for the last seaday.

That's my thinking what I ll do, or if I get a good all you can eat price Ill do it.that way.  I'm contemplating still cxling my specialty dinner and winging it for specials.  I am on a 11 night cruise and did 6 night so its 34 per specialty restaurant.  I know it will be used easily tho but I am also good at eating at whatever is open except early meal (usually napping in Persian Gardens at that point.