Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

8 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Thx for the update. 

Freedom's first cruise from Miami departs Oct 31, 2021.  I can't see them leaving a gap between Navigator's departure and Freedom's arrival, so Navigator isn't freed up until then.   So the 2021 summer West coast deployment doesn't seem to be Navigator.  

Have I overlooked something? 

Thanks for pointing that out. I got confused by the 2020-21 deployment flyers. They have the updated Navigator and Freedom itineraries further down and not up top under Caribbean. 

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/deployment/

Well, they are still holding the Voyager Hawaii call on the 15th of June as well.  Just confused as they deployed Voyager to Singapore after these changes were made.  It would make more sense if it was actually Voyager making the move. 

I am just glad that they are going to the west coast no matter which ship it is. 

15 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Beginning to look like those of us booked on Quantum TP may still be booked on the Quantum TP despite the letter that we all received saying our cruise was cancelled.  My cruise planned has the new shorter itinerary but still has Sydney listed, too.

Can't make this stuff up.

Was cancelled and off the cruise planner this morning. 

So much for "cruise with confidence" when they cancel and kick you off the ship after L&S, repost essentially the same itinerary and cruise date and offer you $50 OBC to book at 225% prevailing rates. 

Handled so poorly. This one is going to leave a bad taste for a long time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caribbeanboy said:

I did not get the idea, that Navigator was leaving. In their advertisement they put Freedom "new ship" , and with Radiance "replaces Explorer" 

Yes, I see the wording.  I was responding to another post suggesting that Navigator might be going to the West coast.  That seems unlikely.  

More likely Navigator goes to FLL as planned.  

36 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, I see the wording.  I was responding to another post suggesting that Navigator might be going to the West coast.  That seems unlikely.  

More likely Navigator goes to FLL as planned.  

Then any idea what may come to west coast for 2022-2023 ?

46 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Then any idea what may come to west coast for 2022-2023 ?

Voyager looks to be the most likely ship based on currently known deployments.  

As posted by others, there are port entries for Voyager suggesting a repositioning from Asia to the West coast via Australia in June 2021,  so we may even see this ship on the West coast next year.  
It makes sense to do so... people will be reluctant (or unable) to fly internationally and more likely to holiday near home.   For many US residents, cruising the West coast and/or Mexico would be a good option.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Voyager looks to be the most likely ship based on currently known deployments.  

As posted by others, there are port entries for Voyager suggesting a repositioning from Asia to the West coast via Australia in June 2021,  so we may even see this ship on the West coast next year.  
It makes sense to do so... people will be reluctant (or unable) to fly internationally and more likely to holiday near home.   For many US residents, cruising the West coast and/or Mexico would be a good option.  

I don’t know about voyager but I agree people won’t be traveling and be more focused on domestic travel. 
There a good market in LA for a large ship.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know about voyager but I agree people won’t be traveling and be more focused on domestic travel. 
There a good market in LA for a large ship.

Yes, and whatever Royal is thinking now could easily change before the first cruise sails on the West coast (assuming it happens at all).  And the ship could change for subsequent years. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Was cancelled and off the cruise planner this morning. 

So much for "cruise with confidence" when they cancel and kick you off the ship after L&S, repost essentially the same itinerary and cruise date and offer you $50 OBC to book at 225% prevailing rates. 

Handled so poorly. This one is going to leave a bad taste for a long time.

I agree this has been handled poorly, we were on quantum out of Sydney on a 9n, my agent informed me it was canceled refund on the way, but if i rebook a similar sailing they will give me 100 OBC, the ship was moved to Brisbane and is basically doing the same cruise for double the price, I pointed that out and they called again. This time the story was the cancelation Was a mistake and they reinstated the cruise with the updated port with no change in price. Now I don’t know what I want to do as Brisbane is quite far from Sydney 

If Royal was putting Navigator on West Coast USA cruises it would probably have to do a dry dock first. I realise Navigator has been in dry dock not too long ago but there is nowhere near Los Angeles that can do Voyager ships. 
Europe or Singapore would probably be the place. 

26 minutes ago, springaussie said:

If Royal was putting Navigator on West Coast USA cruises it would probably have to do a dry dock first. I realise Navigator has been in dry dock not too long ago but there is nowhere near Los Angeles that can do Voyager ships. 

Why would it need a dry dock before it could come here ?

48 minutes ago, kilpa482 said:

I agree this has been handled poorly, we were on quantum out of Sydney on a 9n, my agent informed me it was canceled refund on the way, but if i rebook a similar sailing they will give me 100 OBC, the ship was moved to Brisbane and is basically doing the same cruise for double the price, I pointed that out and they called again. This time the story was the cancelation Was a mistake and they reinstated the cruise with the updated port with no change in price. Now I don’t know what I want to do as Brisbane is quite far from Sydney 

49 minutes ago, kilpa482 said:

Brisbane is also a complete hole.  

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Yes, and whatever Royal is thinking now could easily change before the first cruise sails on the West coast (assuming it happens at all).  And the ship could change for subsequent years. 

If there’s no international travel, I can’t see Australia filling 3 ships with it’s domestic market.

And they sent quantum to Brisbane??

1 hour ago, kilpa482 said:

Well...you were going to fly a long ways anyway for 9 nights? I don't know that Brisbane would be a lot longer. But if you are going to fly that far, you should definitely make it a worthwhile trip. 

On 9/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, Jack McGowan said:

Summer 2021 Changes: announcing upcoming redeployments of six ships.
ADVENTURE of the Seas, which was previously scheduled to sail from Copenhagen and Stockholm, will head for Barcelona to sail a mix of 4- and 5-night short Mediterranean itineraries to historic destinations like La Spezia and Rome, Italy; Ajaccio, Nice and Marseille, France; and Palma and Ibiza, Spain.
Initially scheduled to sail from Miami, BRILLIANCE of the Seas will now homeport outside of Venice in Ravenna, Italy, offering 7-night roundtrip sailings that visit Greece, the Greek Isles and Croatia.
JEWEL of the Seas, originally planned to homeport in Amsterdam and Barcelona, will now sail from Stockholm and Copenhagen on 7-night cruises calling on Northern Europe’s picturesque ports of Helsinki, Finland; Tallinn, Estonia; and Visby, Sweden.
Originally set to sail from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., INDEPENDENCE of the Seas will make the neighboring city of Miami her home for the summer season. Sailing a combination of 6- and 8-night cruises to the Southern and Western Caribbean.
VISION of the Seas¸ previously planned to sail from Barcelona, will sail from San Juan, Puerto Rico and offer 7-night Southern Caribbean itineraries to exotic destinations like Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Johns, Antigua; Castries, St. Lucia; and Bridgetown, Barbados.
RHAPSODY of the Seas will move from the Mediterranean and further expand short Caribbean sailings with 4-, 5- and 7-night cruises from Tampa, Fla., visiting The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay and the Western Caribbean.

Did Independence displace a different ship, or did they just decide that 6-/8-night would sell better than the 4/5 nights?

I just booked one of the 8-night in October; I swear it just showed up because I didn't see it all a couple weeks ago when I booked a (now cancelled) Disney cruise.

37 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Why would it need a dry dock before it could come here ?

He's talking about the shore power issue for California. Whatever that's about? I think they are supposed to plug in instead of using their own. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Well...you were going to fly a long ways anyway for 9 nights? I don't know that Brisbane would be a lot longer. But if you are going to fly that far, you should definitely make it a worthwhile trip. 

A lot of Americans come to Australia and spend their tourism dollars on land as well as at sea.  Quite possibly the cruise is one part of their longer holiday.

but yeah, brisbane is a hole.  When I cruise into that port, I treat it like a sea day. Last time I took their shuttle down to the GC but that was just to catch up with someone. 

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Sorry, I meant far from Sydney our plans revolved around Sydney due to friends that live close. I could be wrong but Brisbane doesn't sound all that exciting either. 

2 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

They should have replaced radiance with serenade.  It’s beyond a joke.

The company has fallen apart ever since they sacked Molly.

Sydney schedule is being turned inside out.

I can only count 5 NZ cruises left that haven’t been canceled and broken up into short domestic cruises.

They are burning their loyal customers.

2 minutes ago, kilpa482 said:

Sorry, I meant far from Sydney our plans revolved around Sydney due to friends that live close. I could be wrong but Brisbane doesn't sound all that exciting either. 

There’s some nice old buildings in downtown Brisbane but it’s 40 minutes drive from the port which is a muddy industrial port.

It’s GOT ALL THE CHARM OF A FATAL CAR SMASH.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s some nice old buildings in downtown Brisbane but it’s 40 minutes drive from the port which is a muddy industrial port.

It’s GOT ALL THE CHARM OF A FATAL CAR SMASH.

Redcliff is a pretty nice seaside area. Not sure how far that would be from the new port.

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Perhaps Voyager might stay on in Singapore for another season? Be like an additional ship for whatever other ship seasonally comes?

21 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

A lot of Americans come to Australia and spend their tourism dollars on land as well as at sea.  Quite possibly the cruise is one part of their longer holiday.

but yeah, brisbane is a hole.  When I cruise into that port, I treat it like a sea day. Last time I took their shuttle down to the GC but that was just to catch up with someone. 

20 minutes ago, kilpa482 said:

I'm not arguing. It might be a hole, but it is still a unique and different hole for those of us in North America. Why not visit with your friends in Sydney for a few days and see some of the marvelous sights and then catch a flight over to Brisbane and take the cruise? They have great trains that go directly to the airport. :classic_smile: If I was going to fly all the way to Sydney, why not make the most of your time in the country? There is so much more we want to see of the rest of Australia. 😊

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3