Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

13 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We booked Radiance 10/1/21 Panama Canal as soon as it was released. We did not get a balcony discount and were told it's because there's another promotion. Our TA asked to have it fared w/o the promotion and was denied. The Invoice shows Extra Savings of $75pp.....which is considerable less than the Balcony Discount would be on a 14 nt cruise. I know 2 others who were able to get it refared w/the Balc. Discount and wondered anyone else has booked this itinerary and what their experience was with pricing. Our TA is one to go to bat for you so I know he's tried. 

You can absolutely choose which promotion you want applied. Call back. 

47 minutes ago, patattack said:

I was price checking cruises on the Liberty for April.  When I went to book, now April 11, 2021 is gone.  There seemed to be plenty of balcony cabins left a few minutes ago.

Pat

Could just be a temporary glitch because April 11 is still available to book by TA’s

18 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We booked Radiance 10/1/21 Panama Canal as soon as it was released. We did not get a balcony discount and were told it's because there's another promotion. Our TA asked to have it fared w/o the promotion and was denied. The Invoice shows Extra Savings of $75pp.....which is considerable less than the Balcony Discount would be on a 14 nt cruise. I know 2 others who were able to get it refared w/the Balc. Discount and wondered anyone else has booked this itinerary and what their experience was with pricing. Our TA is one to go to bat for you so I know he's tried. 

I was able to call C&A and request a solo DP340 CAS discount be applied.  They put me on hold and worked with resolutions to get ur' done.  Took about 5 minutes. 

I have been waiting to see if CAS discounts would ever be loaded to validate their math and to see the difference of stepping up to a balcony.  I've done the canal before so a balcony isn't a requirement for me but if it's close in price I'd consider the upgrade.   

For a few days only 4B and CB balconies were available but then 'regular' balconies re-appeared so something is weird with it.  

I'm booked refundable so I can cancel or transfer it to my TA once I know it's all good. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

I was able to call C&A and request a solo DP340 CAS discount be applied.  They put me on hold and worked with resolutions to get ur' done.  Took about 5 minutes. 

I have been waiting to see if CAS discounts would ever be loaded to validate their math and to see the difference of stepping up to a balcony.  I've done the canal before so a balcony isn't a requirement for me but if it's close in price I'd consider the upgrade.   

For a few days only 4B and CB balconies were available but then 'regular' balconies re-appeared so something is weird with it.  

I'm booked refundable so I can cancel or transfer it to my TA once I know it's all good. 

I agree something is weird with the cruise. All Suites gone on day 1 and other categories popping in and out. Plus today refundable deposit adds $436 to the price of the cabin. We've also done the canal previously but had a cruise to move that had been redeployed once already so booking is with a TA. RCI's inconsistencies strike once again.....and not in a good way. Glad you have control of your reservation. 

On 10/24/2020 at 12:20 PM, MichellePerth said:

A lot of Americans come to Australia and spend their tourism dollars on land as well as at sea.  Quite possibly the cruise is one part of their longer holiday.

but yeah, brisbane is a hole.  When I cruise into that port, I treat it like a sea day. Last time I took their shuttle down to the GC but that was just to catch up with someone. 

I think the main reason Quantum is in Brisbane is if things are not 100%with Covid by November 2021 the Brisbane Cruise Terminal is away from everything. Dealing with a cruise with Corona issues at the new Brisbane Terminal would be a lot easier then dumping everyone at Circular Quay. So if Royal only has one ship operating at this time from Oz I would be surprised if it was not from Brisbane. Quantum also has more balcony cabins. 

Singapore only wants cruisers at or near the terminal for the new December sailings.

THE UK put out a draft document saying that only cruisers were allowed at or near Southampton Cruise Terminal when cruising resumes. 

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

I think the main reason Quantum is in Brisbane is if things are not 100%with Covid by November 2021 the Brisbane Cruise Terminal is away from everything. Dealing with a cruise with Corona issues at the new Brisbane Terminal would be a lot easier then dumping everyone at Circular Quay. So if Royal only has one ship operating at this time from Oz I would be surprised if it was not from Brisbane. Quantum also has more balcony cabins. 

Singapore only wants cruisers at or near the terminal for the new December sailings.

THE UK put out a draft document saying that only cruisers were allowed at or near Southampton Cruise Terminal when cruising resumes. 

I would say Brisbane offered a incentive and after Sydney’s hostilities they grabbed it.

But as you say ,if we are still in some kind of quarantine they won’t be relying on just the Sydney market.

48 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I would say Brisbane offered a incentive and after Sydney’s hostilities they grabbed it.

But as you say ,if we are still in some kind of quarantine they won’t be relying on just the Sydney market.

Any thoughts on the source of Australian cruisers sailing down under?  Are the vast majority within driving distance of Sydney?  How many fly to the cruise for Sydney departures?

Beyond Royal brands, any other home port of significance for cruising in general?

Just curious...

46 minutes ago, twangster said:

Any thoughts on the source of Australian cruisers sailing down under?  Are the vast majority within driving distance of Sydney?  How many fly to the cruise for Sydney departures?

Beyond Royal brands, any other home port of significance for cruising in general?

Just curious...

Sydney is the biggest city with 5.3 million but Melbourne isn’t far behind.Brisbane 2.5 m.

Sydney is the main cruise port with all the main brands. 

https://www.cruiseagency.com.au/news/australian-cruise-industry-statistics/

EFB3FE70-26CD-4AFE-8B5F-0F5760BBE4A6.thumb.png.443d3596f6e31c7a0069393fa1c675e8.png

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, caribbeanboy said:

Still no word on Wonder? 

Not that I've heard. But last night I had such a vivid dream that I immediately grabbed my ipad and looked it up.  The completely unsubstantiated speculation that I have heard is that it will go on sale in Nov / Dec of this year with an inaugural sailing in late November early December next year, with the ship still heading immediately to the southern hemisphere. 

5 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

Not that I've heard. But last night I had such a vivid dream that I immediately grabbed my ipad and looked it up.  The completely unsubstantiated speculation that I have heard is that it will go on sale in Nov / Dec of this year with an inaugural sailing in late November early December next year, with the ship still heading immediately to the southern hemisphere. 

I doubt they would postpone the inaugural cruise to an earlier date by 2 months. That seems like a very dreamy dream indeed. 

8 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

I doubt they would postpone the inaugural cruise to an earlier date by 2 months. That seems like a very dreamy dream indeed. 

Lol. No the dream was that bookings were open. 

The speculation is from someone who maps all this stuff out.  (apparently while awake). 

I don't know about the original target but 2 months delay seems too optimistic. 

29 minutes ago, caribbeanboy said:

Still no word on Wonder? 

RCG's website says: 'Be among the first to chase adventure east onboard the new Wonder of the Seas, arriving in Shanghai in 2022.

But who knows when it might actually float out and start making it's way over.  They probably don't know yet but 2022 leaves it pretty open at this stage.  I thought I read, perhaps on the Wonder thread, that speculation was now on the first or second quarter of '22.

I personally don't reckon it will go on sale till sometime next year but who knows ....

3 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

I think you maybe breaking Michael.

Take a deep breath and watch this.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I remember on Ovation a Christmas cruise,at the life boat drill, captan hindrick was very stern and recited our obligations under the maritime law ,bla,bla bla.

And now you need to watch this.

Thanks, I'm down in Margaret River watching the wild surf and listening to this on my car speakers. I would often take a short video clip and send it to my daughter.  

The song makes me happy. Always has. Esp the part about telling people "in courteous terms". There could be a lot more of that nowadays. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Unless I'm mistaken looks like couple new Serenade Cruises loaded for 2021-2022 Season

Thought maybe they've come to reckon with the 2021 season down under.  Guess not.

Edited by twangster