Empress Of The Seas Sailing from Cape Liberty, Summer of 2020

14 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Love Empress but don't think I would want to sail her from Cape Liberty to Bermuda.  Seas can get quite rough and she is small. 

I think she used to do that run back in the day.

Yep, the Tina Fey fire story was on Empress doing a Bermuda sailing. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

One huge note- the ship is going PAST Quebec City, and all the way to Montreal!  That would be an interesting cruise!

And it still includes an overnight in Quebec City.

That's a pretty amazing itinerary.

edit- and I see that there are 4 Canadian cruises that round trip out of Montreal!  That would be awesome.

Edited by alfaeric
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, fair-winds39 said:

We sailed her from Philadelphia PA to Hamilton and St. Georges in October 2006 and it was smooth sailing all the way. So glad she doing the same itinerary from Cape Liberty.

I wish any ships still sailed from Philadelphia since I live right across the bridge.

Sailed her, when she was still the Nordic Empress, on a repositioning from SJ to NYC in 2002, first ship back to NYC with passengers after 9/11.  What's nice about that size ship is she docks in St. George's and Hamilton,  which is so nice.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, LDRnj-MA said:

We just booked the May 11th sailing to Bermuda.

Just changed to the May 4th sailing for the 2 nights in Hamilton.

Edited by LDRnj-MA
Spelling
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, alfaeric said:

One huge note- the ship is going PAST Quebec City, and all the way to Montreal!  That would be an interesting cruise!

And it still includes an overnight in Quebec City.

That's a pretty amazing itinerary.

edit- and I see that there are 4 Canadian cruises that round trip out of Montreal!  That would be awesome.

I jumped on this itinerary for 3 reasons... I have not been back to St. John's NF for over 25 years! Also the stop at St. Pierre is very rare and finally Empress is capable of getting under the bridge between Montreal and Quebec City. It's a fantastic itinerary...

So looking forward to this next year!

Teri 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Green Recruit said:

I jumped on this itinerary for 3 reasons... I have not been back to St. John's NF for over 25 years! Also the stop at St. Pierre is very rare and finally Empress is capable of getting under the bridge between Montreal and Quebec City. It's a fantastic itinerary...

So looking forward to this next year!

Teri 😁

If we didn't already have an epic European cruise planned for next Sept, we'd be all over it, too.  Hope the popularity is high, and they do it again in '21 or '22.  Especially '22 when we can do a B2B after retirement.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LDRnj-MA said:

Just changed to the May 4th sailing for the 2 nights in Hamilton.

Is there an easy way to see the itinerary with times? When I looked at a couple different websites it looked like both of those sail dates have 2 nights in Hamilton.

Now I see that the May 11 cruise is listed separately but I still don't know how to easily view the itinerary times. I go to 'explore this itinerary' and have to scroll?

The website is also not accurate shows cruising, Hamilton, St George then in another spot, same cruise, cruising, St George, Hamilton.

Edited by marci22

6 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Is there an easy way to see the itinerary with times? When I looked at a couple different websites it looked like both of those sail dates have 2 nights in Hamilton.

The website I use shows in Hamilton at 2PM, two nights and then move to St. Georges at 6PM.  Arrive at 7:30.  Nice little boat ride. 

On 7/31/2019 at 7:23 AM, Snit13 said:

Love Empress but don't think I would want to sail her from Cape Liberty to Bermuda.  Seas can get quite rough and she is small. 

I don't think I would book this cruise during July-August. Every time we've gone during this time we've had at least one day of rough weather.