Harmony Aug 4, 2019 - We're not on Empress anymore.

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

He indicated that the last of the 6pm reservations end this fall. 

It will be interesting to see if they honor my 6:15 reservation for MTD on our October Harmony sailing. My app still says 6:15. My order history still says 6:15 it's just the cruise planner calendar says at your leisure. Thanks John  for looking into this. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swank Pad G said:

It will be interesting to see if they honor my 6:15 reservation for MTD on our October Harmony sailing. My app still says 6:15. My order history still says 6:15 it's just the cruise planner calendar says at your leisure. Thanks John  for looking into this. 

You may be stressing a bit too much there.  Simply show up at your reserved time.  It will all work out.  🙂 

I stopped making reservations, since for some reason the MTD desk thinks you have to have same table, same waitstaff...like they do with traditional dining.  We show up, previous table dwellers are lingering...they make us wait, even though there are plenty of "two tops" available and empty.  Some like that set up...I would rather they run the "My Time" on "my time" IMHO.  Lunch and breakfast in MTD are simply walk up, get seated at any available table.  

And like land based restaurants, there are indeed busier times (like 7-7:30).  We try to arrive around 6:30-6:45  and usually get seated right away.  If we have to wait...we are in back up plan mode for that...we come walking up with wine glass in hand.  🍷  Makes the waiting that much more palatable.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

Yes, same with my calendar.

John, Thank you for getting us clarification on this matter:)

Hope Laura is feeling better today. With bronchitis, it's the "nagging" coughing that sticks around a while:(

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Here is what I found out. 

Harmony added the Early seating at American Icon when she arrived in PC. They were supposed to quit offering 6pm MTD soon after, but have been honoring any reservations made prior to the switch. He indicated that the last of the 6pm reservations end this fall. 

Excellent info, thanks! We had traditional early dining last week on Harmony and I was wondering why it was at 5, earlier than we have ever experienced. We were in Grande.  

Even for us early diners, 5 is a wee bit early, although there was time to go to the DL after dinner or easily use the 3 freebies at a bar somewhere. Really only a time crunch on port days if you happen to be ashore. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

20 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Continuing to enjoy your review . 

I recognise the HD’s face from the Top Tier photos, please could you remind of his name. Is it Peter Perchutnic or something like that? I could delve into my past cruises memorabilia but would take me forever , I know we have had him as HD before but cannot remember which ship. 

Thank you. 

Johann Petutschnig from Austria.

20190823_142847.thumb.jpg.a8e75855c41e40c3e97f3868e6665c8e.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

Same thing happened to me. Originally set my reservation time for 6:15pm. It shows up on the Royal app at 6:15 but I got the email too and when I checked my cruise planner MTD reverted back to "at your leisure" and then when I modify there are no times till 8pm. What the heck is going on?

No idea what they will do onboard but I think the cruise planner just does that (at your leisure). If you call, the rep should be able to see your booked times. You also should have the email record.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, marci22 said:

I think the cruise planner just does that (at your leisure). If you call, the rep should be able to see your booked times. You also should have the email record.

The weird thing was that the cruise planner did show my reserved time and it was yesterday that it reverted back to "at your leisure." Could be the wonderful IT department and the weird things that happen on the website. I did print off my order history to show the reservation time. I'm not worried about it now but I am curious why the planner changed?

3 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

I'm not worried about it now but I am curious why the planner changed?

That's a normal "feature" for some ships (I think all since Quantum) in the way MTD is shown.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yep. P’s used to have White cards. Now Gold like the other ships.  Suites and P’s share the same color card (Gold) on ships without the Sea/Sky/Star Classes. 

We had an OS last week on Navigator. Our card was a silver-grey, never had that color before. 

1E4A56C3-AA14-46A1-B10D-28DE5DD04701.jpeg

7 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

We had an OS last week on Navigator. Our card was a silver-grey, never had that color before. 

1E4A56C3-AA14-46A1-B10D-28DE5DD04701.jpeg

That’s neat. Maybe only P’s get Gold Cards once they use up the old stock. I don’t have any issue with the color of cards. Royal will need to change a lot of signs out front of many of the Gold Card areas, unless of course if only P’s are allowed in. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s neat. Maybe only P’s get Gold Cards once they use up the old stock. I don’t have any issue with the color of cards. Royal will need to change a lot of signs out front of many of the Gold Card areas, unless of course if only P’s are allowed in. 

We had the "gold' card on the Harmony a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't exactly gold like the gold cards on non Oasis class ships.  Think French's mustard yellowish..  

PSA for tonight.

When in the Royal Theater, ask for your drinks in a wine glass.

20190823_230907.thumb.jpg.b447886bc4daeb0ca618479eade9965a.jpg

Pretty much the only glass in that fits the cup holders.😉

20190823_230920.thumb.jpg.160a959cd8591f0a88e82c2d69716f31.jpg

Done for the night, busy day tomorrow. 

Bella says goodnight 🐾

IMG_0026(1).thumb.jpg.56296e86af554d792f34f34bb6b15915.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Same ship, different channel

😁

Thanks for the great review(s), John!  Not only is it helping pass the time till our cruise on Anthem next month, but lots of tips for our Harmony cruise next year. Appreciate it!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Same ship, different channel 

I'll leave the lights on

I’m sure it will be way cleaner when you leave then when we leave. First thing I’m doing is smudging the SL/CK windows with my hot breath, followed by finger painting it. Kids can’t be the only ones have fun. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2