Best things to purchase BEFORE boarding

Fogfog

I pre-bought a 50 minute deep tissue sports massage for $77. I've never seen a price on any cruise line that low. You can't beat that on land in the New York area...even if they add gratuity on it. And it is less expensive than the Swedish and other 50 minute massages...I don't know why? [I don't know if spa prices vary ship to ship]

Howard

• Like 2

I also booked the Sports Massage for $77 before our cruise and it was wonderful!  The therapist was one of the best I've had, and I get monthly massages at home for just $7 less.  I agree with Howard, this is by far the best price I've ever seen for a massage on a ship (Seaside).

Cathy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So when you purchase all these things pre-cruise...when you print your e-ticket there is a voucher page for each purchase.

THEN I added a Wifi package [I booked pre "All-In" promotion] and when I looked at my e-tickets again it was not added. 

Does the Wifi package not get a voucher? Or is this the first pre-cruise snafu that I have had?

Howard

On 8/8/2019 at 1:13 PM, CTurtlelvr said:

A powerful, yet small fan! (Armonia)

I carry a small 2-way power fan (eflukey) with me everywhere I go.  Oftentimes, even if a room has air conditioning it needs to be circulated better.

We usually pre purchase internet, laundry and excursions. Our drinks are always included. 

I've noticed a few recommendations for pre purchasing gratuities, which I've never considered. Any particular advantage of doing so? I'm assuming exchange rate? Although it would mean sharing VC points with DH.

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We usually pre purchase internet, laundry and excursions. Our drinks are always included. 

I've noticed a few recommendations for pre purchasing gratuities, which I've never considered. Any particular advantage of doing so? I'm assuming exchange rate? Although it would mean sharing VC points with DH.

Moot point now that they're included in the cruise fare, CF.  On a 7 nighter, the DSC was good for 100 points (almost;  another €10 onboard spend and you were there - though extra spend wasn't required when on a US-based cruise as you reached the requisite $150, what with the DSC being $12.50 as opposed to €10).

All of our forthcoming cruises were booked before the DSC became included for UK bookings, our Armonia/Seaside switch was the day before.

Sometimes fate works for you though, I booked next years repo the day before the drinks package changes 😀🥂

Edited by CruisingFox27

So here's a question:

I booked some spa services (massage, hairstyle, probably a facial) pre-cruise and I was charged "the listed price" (nothing added for gratuity).  Am I supposed to add the gratuity at the time of service or is it included with what I paid.  I know I can always give more...I'm not asking that.  What I am asking is will more be charged or expected.

23 hours ago, HLR said:

So when you purchase all these things pre-cruise...when you print your e-ticket there is a voucher page for each purchase.

THEN I added a Wifi package [I booked pre "All-In" promotion] and when I looked at my e-tickets again it was not added. 

Does the Wifi package not get a voucher? Or is this the first pre-cruise snafu that I have had?

Howard

My internet came with my package and my e-tickets printed out a voucher page. I would go into your account and print out new e-tickets and see if its there, if not I would call now and straighten it out.

Pat

We always buy a laundry package since we do btb cruises.The forty item package for $50.  MSC does a good job on the laundry shirts and pants on hangars the rest folded.

we also buy any excursions we know we want to do.  That way we know we will get them and they won’t sell out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wahine56 said:

My internet came with my package and my e-tickets printed out a voucher page. I would go into your account and print out new e-tickets and see if its there, if not I would call now and straighten it out.

Pat

The only thing I hadn't done was put my picture in the web check-in...when I did that it automatically resent my e-tickets and there was the internet voucher!

Howard

3 minutes ago, HLR said:

The only thing I hadn't done was put my picture in the web check-in...when I did that it automatically resent my e-tickets and there was the internet voucher!

Howard

Don't be surprised, but they will retake your photo when you check in. 

Pat