Elite plus benefits

bhughey

I haven't really paid attention to the elite plus / captains club benefits since our last cruise in January, but looked at the list of benefits today and see that the 240 minutes of internet is no longer listed? Has this been nixed? 

*edited to note that the aforementioned list I am referring to was on the X mobile site.

Edited by bhughey

The captains club benefits are good. Azamara matches your status level in Le Club Voyage. Azamara used to match the free WiFi and laundry benefits.  That changed. However, Azamara has decreased their club benefits.  As elite plus/discoverer plus, I was surprised when I got 120 WiFi minutes on Azamara instead of 240 on Celebrity. I also got one free small bag of laundry per cabin per week. On Celebrity, my spouse and I both each get 2 free bags of laundry up to 30 items per cruise.  With all the changes and cutbacks, be happy with the Captains Club benefits. 

4 hours ago, bhughey said:

Screenshots from the mobile site.  Not shocked that the two sites are inconsistent. 

Screenshot_20190819-180109_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190819-180104_Chrome.jpg

Most important thing I see is that you need to charge your phone!😁

The perks were all there in April, and hopefully will be in September.  

Hi to your hubby.

Andrew

• Like 1

What is the Captain's Club Daily Coffee Lounge that I'm seeing on the list of benefits?  Is that what the Elite Breakfast has morphed into?  We used to love to go when they had a pretty good spread and a little menu with a couple of hot items, but the last two times we went it was just a small set up with pastries, fruit, and cheese, not even any cereal and yogurt. 

It was always called that.  People on Cruisecritic call it the Elite breakfast.  

Cereal has never been a part of it.  Yogurt usually is, depending on the ship’s location and its availability.  Hot items are rare

Edited by Alakegirl

19 hours ago, Redtravel said:

The captains club benefits are good. Azamara matches your status level in Le Club Voyage. Azamara used to match the free WiFi and laundry benefits.  That changed. However, Azamara has decreased their club benefits.  As elite plus/discoverer plus, I was surprised when I got 120 WiFi minutes on Azamara instead of 240 on Celebrity. I also got one free small bag of laundry per cabin per week. On Celebrity, my spouse and I both each get 2 free bags of laundry up to 30 items per cruise.  With all the changes and cutbacks, be happy with the Captains Club benefits. 

As much as I have considered trying Azamara it seems like it is very expensive compared to Celebrity.  I would rather do suite class on Celebrity.  Am I missing something?

23 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

As much as I have considered trying Azamara it seems like it is very expensive compared to Celebrity.  I would rather do suite class on Celebrity.  Am I missing something?

Skip the suite on Celebrity. Try Azamara. It may or may not cost more. If you watch for Azamara promotions, you can get a cruise for not much more than a similar Celebrity cruise. Until you try it, you won’t understand why it is worth it. Azamara is much better than Celebrity.  Better service, better food, and really friendly crew. Azamara cabins are small, but nicely appointed.  Never crowds. The fare includes tips, beverages, and an Azamazing event.  On one night during the cruise, the ship has an event for all guests. They try to find an event that will amaze you. My most recent was a private reception and tour at the Chihully Museum.  The venue was gorgeous. The food and drink were exquisite. Add to that live music. It was fabulous. Another really fantastic event was at a chateaux in Bordeaux.  There was a tour of the winery, music, good food, great entertainment, and the best wine that I have ever drunk.  

We also like Oceania and Windstar. They are more expensive than Celebrity and worth the price.  For many years, we sailed mass market. Had a good time and were put off by higher prices on other cruise lines.  While we liked most cruises on Celebrity, we like our cruises on Azamara, Oceania, and a Windstar more.  

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Given the choice, I would rather do normal balcony on Azamara vs. sky suite on Celebrity (which might be similar price points but often times sky suite more).  Better food by a large margin.  Much more locally sourced food.  Since the ships are only 20% of the size of S class, much more intimate.  On our very first Azamara cruise, Russ, the CD, introduced himself and said "is this your first Azamara cruise?  I didn't recognize you."  Also, MUCH less class distinction on Azamara than Celebrity.  Yes, suites get various invites and perks, but no one knows or pays attention to your cabin class.  No private rooms or restricted areas.

We still will still sail both fairly frequently (5 =X= booked and 4 Azamara) depending on itinerary, time of the year and price.

I agree that Azamara is a step up from Celebrity, but I'm surprised at some of the previous comments about a regular veranda on Azamara being better than a Sky Suite on Celebrity. And while I do think that the MDR on Azamara is better than on Celebrity, it's not nearly as good as Luminae (IMHO). Also, the included drinks on Azamara are more limited than the drink packages on Celebrity.

Oh, and I agree that Russ is a great CD, but he is no longer with Azamara...

We have thought about Azamara as it  gives us Celebrity  E+ perks.

We have not booked  because the stateroom we can afford seems smaller than X staterooms, which are small enough.   The ships themselves are also  smaller, and we recall that  the older, smaller  X ships used to a bit unstable in big seas and storms.There was also something about the deposit system we also did not like,

The  dining program  and spa  look nice. Maybe in the future if they are back to Cuba would be a good time  for us to try.....

1 hour ago, late2cruisin said:

I agree that Azamara is a step up from Celebrity, but I'm surprised at some of the previous comments about a regular veranda on Azamara being better than a Sky Suite on Celebrity. And while I do think that the MDR on Azamara is better than on Celebrity, it's not nearly as good as Luminae (IMHO). Also, the included drinks on Azamara are more limited than the drink packages on Celebrity.

Oh, and I agree that Russ is a great CD, but he is no longer with Azamara...

I agree that overall, Luminae is better than the MDR on Azamara.  But the menu is very limited (and "you can order from the MDR menu" kind of defeats the purpose of spending big bucks for a suite).  

For us, travel is much, much more than a room and food.  The overall feel of the experience (advantage Azamara), the itinerary (huge advantage Azamara), the interaction with the officers and staff.  Not to mention the Azamazing Evening...I could go on and on.  

When a sky suite on a M class ship, on a boring Caribbean sailing, is running in excess of $1000 per day, there is no way I wouldn't go with a balcony on Azamara, at less money.

And yes, we sailed with Russ on one of his last trips. So sorry to see him go to Crystal.

Edited by ECCruise

52 minutes ago, hcat said:

We have thought about Azamara as it  gives us Celebrity  E+ perks.

We have not booked  because the stateroom we can afford seems smaller than X staterooms, which are small enough.   The ships themselves are also  smaller, and we recall that  the older, smaller  X ships used to a bit unstable in big seas and storms.There was also something about the deposit system we also did not like,

The  dining program  and spa  look nice. Maybe in the future if they are back to Cuba would be a good time  for us to try.....

hcat- these are pretty much my feelings too.  Even though I could get CC points my next step is Zenith which I will never achieve.  So not a factor for me.  Now if they put in a new level- oh never mind LLP nixed that!  I think I would check out Oceania or Silverseas before Azamara.