Multiple Entree’s gone from UDP

JoeFan

Last week RCI confirmed with me that UDP indeed includes multiple entrees. But today out of the blue they Facebook message me that they misspoke and multiple entree’s are not included. And UDP has been removed from my planner.  I guess the bean counters win. 

Just now, bouhunter said:

Not that we were interested, but the email I got today with sales on dining packages for an October cruise specifically did say multiple entrees.  I only noticed because it's been a topic of discussion lately.

Make a hard copy of that email and take it on the cruise.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

So I guess you could dine in a specialty restaurant, get your one entree, and then come back and do it again later.

Or just tell the waiter that you would like to reset dinner and start a second sitting right now after you finished the first entree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Or just tell the waiter that you would like to reset dinner and start a second sitting right now after you finished the first entree.

Exactly. Close out the check and start another or I will sit and sip my coffee for an hour. 

Taken from my cruise planner right now. Looks like someone needs to start updating things on the website:

Savor the savings with the Unlimited Dining Package! For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, this unlimited package also applies to lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants.A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit.*Holiday Celebration Dinners are not included with this package.*

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

The person who wants to make a point and get their 2 entrees without paying extra?

You're absolutely correct. Personally, I'm not "that guy" when I go out to eat, especially on vacation, but I suppose we all like to spend our time and energy in different ways.

Just now, MrMarc said:

I think the Facebook people are wrong on this one.  The multiple entrees was a very specific and conspicuous change to the ultimate dinner package when they changed it to unlimited.  

I agree, but it is not unlike Rpyal Caribbean to slowly diminish offerings over time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMarc said:

I think the Facebook people are wrong on this one.  The multiple entrees was a very specific and conspicuous change to the ultimate dinner package when they changed it to unlimited.  

Their Twitter says the same thing. 

A30160CE-86C4-4B3E-A5BA-277CACF437F5.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So it would be a B2B !😁

Edited by Swank Pad G
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I agree, but it is not unlike Rpyal Caribbean to slowly diminish offerings over time.

I agree with you, but I have seen many cases where the Social Media Team has the incorrect information.  

• Like 1