Murano OR Le Petit???

Pier290

We only want to do one of these....which is better?  Is Le Petit gimmicky?? I'm picturing it like a Disney dinner event??🤔🤔

We have Tuscan booked but looking to add Murano or LPC?    

Interested in fabulous food and service 😊🍸

We haven't eaten at LPC yet, but always dine at Muranos at least once or twice on a cruise.  From all my reading of reviews on LPC, it sounds very gimmicky to me.  As for the food, I can't add anything as I haven't eaten there.  As for Murano's, I highly recommend it.  We've never had anything but wonderful wood and excellent service.

Well, since food is a hot topic around here, you may find both eateries to be buoyed by us here..

What is your essential definition of fabulous in both of these desires?

We enjoy dressing for dinner and enjoy the offerings of Murano and would say Murano hands down...

We have never had the opportunity to experience LPC, yet... but still would prefer the 'specialness' of Murano even though we understand that LPC is special as well.

Gander at the menus and decide from there, would be my offering up for your question.

bon appetite and bon voyage

I will echo what ShawninFl and Bo1953 have said. Haven't tried LPC yet but hubby and I dine in Murano every time we're on a ship that has it. We often cruise over our anniversary and there is no better restaurant to celebrate a special occasion in! We have always had fantastic food and the service is top notch. Hope you enjoy if you give it a shot!

We did both LPC and Murano on our Eclispe sailing a couple of weeks ago.  While LPC was fine, it did not compare to the selection and quality of Murano.  We had the Murano Lobster as well as the strawberry and ice cream crepes, both prepared table side...they were outstanding!

• Like 2

I can't even count the # of times we've eaten at Murano and we'll definitely be there while on our upcoming cruise in Nov. The food and service in Murano is excellent. We experienced LPC on our last cruise and although fun we felt LPC was an over priced one and done. Menu choice was limited and service was scheduled to accommodate the digital animation. This meant there was a flurry of activity between sequences, then no-one around during animation segments. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I can't even count the # of times we've eaten at Murano and we'll definitely be there while on our upcoming cruise in Nov. The food and service in Murano is excellent. We experienced LPC on our last cruise and although fun we felt LPC was an over priced one and done. Menu choice was limited and service was scheduled to accommodate the digital animation. This meant there was a flurry of activity between sequences, then no-one around during animation segments. 

Our experience exactly!  We did both on the Reflection in January..did all the Specialties actually and we'd repeat all except LPC. It was definitely gimmicky.  The food served was very good but we didn't like eating at the same pace as everyone else and it was tough to get drink service other than when they were serving the food...they all disappeared in between.  Also, many diners couldn't  refrain from doing a play by play as the video unfolded...I don't need explanations of what's happening in front of me.  In your case, OP, if you're choosing between this and Murano for a nice sophisticated dinner I'd def go with Murano.  We'll never do LPC again, unless it was a freebie maybe lol!

• Like 1

LPC is ‘fun’ rather than ‘fine’ dining, we did enjoy and giggled like children. The food is nice, not great but very good...I am glad we did it and would do it again but not too often.

Murano’s we love...just over four weeks until our next meal there. We always dine in Murano’s several times per cruise....once just isn’t enough!

• Thanks 1

We love Murano for it's wonderful food and service and quiet ambience. You can Google Le Petite Chef and see the video presentation on YouTube and judge for yourself about it being "gimmicky" unless you feel the experience my be spoiled by seeing it ahead of time.

I recommend Le Petit Chef because it's such a fun dining experience I've never seen anywhere else. We thought the food was excellent and the vignettes that paired with dinner were wonderful. Yes, it's different. But great different, not gimmicky. Watching it online doesn't do it justice. See it in person. I felt like I was at a special event and so glad I had a seat! 

Edited by katiegirl1264
  • Like 1

Have eaten at both numerous times and would select Murano hands down.   No comparison what so ever.  LPC is very gimicky, set menu with a couple substitutions but all guests eat at the same time and is choreographed to the "show".    Not very conducive to a leisurely dinner.   With only 1 wine server in LPC wine service is almost non-existent. 

Murano serves very romantic leisurely dinner with spectacular service any many items prepared table side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:31 AM, Pier290 said:

We only want to do one of these....which is better?  Is Le Petit gimmicky?? I'm picturing it like a Disney dinner event??🤔🤔

We have Tuscan booked but looking to add Murano or LPC?    

Interested in fabulous food and service 😊🍸

Murano is truly fine dining, while LPC is a nice dinner and a show with very good food.

Edited by MisterMet
more info.

Murano is of course a lovely upscale dinner. But Le Petit Chef had that "it" factor for us. The food was so good and seeing a show with dinner felt like I was getting two for the price of one. That kind of technology is really expensive (from what I've read) so it really is a great deal. We enjoyed the food and the show. Can't ask for more than that!

Edited by JackB60

You cannot eat hi tech.  The presentation is cute but nothing beats the quality of food, the ambience and service of Murano. 

You cannot enjoy the meal on you tube but you can watch the video there.  Having our meal time determined by everyone else sharing the cartoon is not fine dining.  We've been and would not think of going again, unless it's free of course.

DSC01962.JPG

• Like 2

Since you are asking....I'd cancel the Tuscan reservation and book Murano (excellent food/service) and LPC (fun....worth doing once).   Other than the view, we find no compelling reason to dine in Tuscan.....never really had an excellent meal...mostly paying for fancier (not better) service but not an exciting menu.

• Like 1

We dine at both but appreciate the atmosphere in LPC.   It is a fun evening and I had the best soup, lobster and fillet for the cruise during that dinner.   All the food is fresh and hot when served.   We had no problems getting wine or beer, they were served during each intermission.

• Like 1