Central Park view cabins

18 hours ago, brookmill18 said:

cello56--do you by any chance remember your room number?  Our view was good but that is even better!  We have one booked again on Oasis next summer and are thinking of moving up or down the hall if we can

The photos I posted were from cabin 9249 on Allure. I would imagine Oasis would have a similar view, but not the same trees! LOL! Hope you have a great cruise!

21 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There are Central Park Balcony cabins AND Central Park View cabins. These are 2 different types of cabins.

The OP had a question about the Central Park VIEW.

M

I understand that the OP was asking about the Central Park VIEW cabins.

However matj2000, started talking about Central Park BALCONY cabins not being balcony cabins and then in a later post says they are balcony cabins.  I was point out the contradiction.  And now he posts this...

21 hours ago, matj2000 said:

It is a balcony with a crappy view of nothing..

A balcony is supposed to have a view of the ocean.

You may have the opinion that a balcony is supposed to have a view of the ocean.  No rule or regulation backs this up.  Royal Caribbean is very upfront of where Central Park balcony cabins are located and the view you will have from a Central Park balcony cabin.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Frankmac said:

Thanks for that. Would I not be advised if I had violated the guidelines? I certainly cannot imagine how any of my deleted posts would have violated any guideline.

You don’t always get notified 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 8/25/2019 at 9:01 PM, matj2000 said:

Crappy view of nothing? Seems a little harsh...

898724435_ScreenShot2019-08-29at8_24_22AM.thumb.png.4a63879e79998e4ecb43cf3ced367639.png

904491437_ScreenShot2019-08-29at8_24_55AM.thumb.png.20c42526bfa382562130c5a8da02a26c.png

Some would say this is a view of nothing...

2046751279_ScreenShot2019-08-29at8_29_08AM.png.e3c44651ae1accafce2554cdfaa0d397.png

Good thing there are various cabin types so everyone can find something that they like...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you want an ocean view balcony the minimum would be a Boardwalk view.  I had a Central Park view for 3 days and was satisfied but preferred the Boardwalk view for a small amount extra.  I'd be happy with either choice:

dawn1102.jpg

The view later in the day would be brighter.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

On 8/26/2019 at 7:50 AM, cooncat_mom said:

Thank you - We knew it wasn't a balcony. I don't like a true inside cabin (MUST have a window! 😊) but I do like the lower price. Having a window seat overlooking the Promenade or some trees and walking paths works for me and my wallet!

Yes I thought you did, but then the thread got a little confusing so I thought I'd better confirm it LOL.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

(Based on your screen name, if "cooncat mom" is for a Maine Coon - have you seen all the buzz about "Vivo"? Apparently he's the new star of Maine Coons :classic_biggrin:

maine coon.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Yes I thought you did, but then the thread got a little confusing so I thought I'd better confirm it LOL.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

(Based on your screen name, if "cooncat mom" is for a Maine Coon - have you seen all the buzz about "Vivo"? Apparently he's the new star of Maine Coons :classic_biggrin:

maine coon.jpg

LOL  It did get a little confusing there...I’m still a little torn as to whether or not to go into a balcony, but we’re looking forward to experiencing both the sea and the park (and everything else!)

I am a Maine Coon lover. They are just the BEST cats!  I hadn’t seen Vito.  He is just stunning!  What a great face!  Thank you for showing me ☺️

I have a Central Park view booked for our med cruise in 9 days, which I’m acrually really happy with idea of. But yesterday after my 3rd Royal Up email, I finally bit and put in a bid for a neighbourhood balcony.

I put the minimum on it, £80pp as i figured there’s a chance I’ll get  the Boardwalk balcony which means I can refund our £60 soda packages, and then it really would feel like a bargain.

if it doesn’t happen, still really excited about the CP view and having a little chill with a drink on that bay window seat!!

@Ken -and @ fletch - Thank you for posting the photos.  I know it may be odd to some people,  but I like the look of the neighborhood. The variety of views on the ship sounds great since for us the destination for this cruise is the ship itself.   We’re pretty sure we’ll be quite happy with the view!

Edited by cooncat_mom
Fussy spelling corrector

On 8/29/2019 at 11:43 AM, Ken076 said:

Allure Inside CAT CP Cabin 9205 above Park Café and across from Giovanni's.

Hey Ken076. Thanks for sharing these pics. We will be in this exact cabin in November 2019. Can you recall if the bed was towards the window or bathroom? Also, did you experience any noise from Park Cafe below?  Thx!

47 minutes ago, CRUISEFOUR said:

Hey Ken076. Thanks for sharing these pics. We will be in this exact cabin in November 2019. Can you recall if the bed was towards the window or bathroom? Also, did you experience any noise from Park Cafe below?  Thx!

No problems with noise - in retrospect I might have booked further aft overlooking the foliage and such.  See attached photo for room orientation (sorry about the clutter!!!)IMGP1808.thumb.JPG.51c3a757c440dae0ed07d18538e9adbc.JPG

We're returning this January this time in one of the aft-most Boardwalk Balconies Deck 11. 

Enjoy November!  Ken

On 8/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, Ken076 said:

No problems with noise - in retrospect I might have booked further aft overlooking the foliage and such.  See attached photo for room orientation (sorry about the clutter!!!)IMGP1808.thumb.JPG.51c3a757c440dae0ed07d18538e9adbc.JPG

We're returning this January this time in one of the aft-most Boardwalk Balconies Deck 11. 

Enjoy November!  Ken

Thanks!

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, matj2000 said:

Nonsense!  A balcony is something thy simply extends from the cabin.  Where in the world do you find a definition of balcony that includes a view of the ocean? 

5 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Nonsense!  A balcony is something thy simply extends from the cabin.  Where in the world do you find a definition of balcony that includes a view of the ocean? 

Architectural digest magazine.   May 2015 edition..