Princess Shuttle into Belfast

sotiris

We are booked on. British Isles cruise and are starting to plan our excursions. I wondered the cost of the Princess shuttle from the port into Belfast.  Also, are there taxis at the port that will take you into the city? Is so, what is the approximate cost?  Thanks for any information.

15 minutes ago, sotiris said:

We are booked on. British Isles cruise and are starting to plan our excursions. I wondered the cost of the Princess shuttle from the port into Belfast.  Also, are there taxis at the port that will take you into the city? Is so, what is the approximate cost?  Thanks for any information.

The last I heard about this, it was free. Maybe someone on the 2019 cruises can confirm.

We went into Belfast in 2018 on the Pacific Princess and the shuttle was free.

For those of you who can't find that itinerary in the record books, it was a schedule change due to weather. We missed Scotland and got Belfast instead.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Hmmmm.....

Princess offering a free shuttle?   🤔  

48 minutes ago, sotiris said:

It was too good to be true.  I just found a Patter from June 2018. The shuttle costs $8 pp each way.  I wonder what a taxi would be, for convenience.

It is the port that offered a free shuttle.

But when they had a limited budget, they started charging for it, but that was a couple of years ago.

I do not know if it is free now or if it has a charge.

$8 for one person each way will cost less than a cab. But you can have multiple people in a cab for the same cost as a cab ride for one.

I do not know the cost of a cab ride, but when we were there, they had two types of cabs. One type was more of a limo and it did cost more than a regular cab.

Hi 

the cost of a taxi would be about £6 into the city . This would be for up to four people . Taxis can be booked ahead of time . 

Value Cabs a local firm also do tours of the city , price ( going by there website) is £28 per hour ( this is for four people ) and can be suited around you . 

If you are walkers it is 1.5 miles into the town from the Titanic building . 

If you need ideas of what to do please ask . The Giants Causeway is a hard one to beat . Outstanding beauty.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

It is the port that offered a free shuttle.

But when they had a limited budget, they started charging for it, but that was a couple of years ago.

I do not know if it is free now or if it has a charge.

$8 for one person each way will cost less than a cab. But you can have multiple people in a cab for the same cost as a cab ride for one.

I do not know the cost of a cab ride, but when we were there, they had two types of cabs. One type was more of a limo and it did cost more than a regular cab.

I was going to put $16 r/t  for a Princess shuttle in my post because that seems to be what it is everywhere we have been in Europe/UK etc. 

Yes some ports offer a free one but not many. 

We used Value Cabs for our tour, picked up at port. Loafs of cabs available at port. Excellent driver, clean comfy car, £240 total (per car not per person, we had 4, larger party would work out even cheaper), hit two castles, a gorgeous Bay used in GoT (Princess buses can't get down there), driver bought us some snacks, Giants Causeway for several hours, rope bridge views and so on. Worked out significantly less than a Princess tour would have been, and returned us with time to see the Titanic or GoT exhibits if we'd wanted.. 

Shuttle into City center was £16 return. No port shuttle offered. Disembarked Crown today 

9 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

We used Value Cabs for our tour, picked up at port. Loafs of cabs available at port. Excellent driver, clean comfy car, £240 total (per car not per person, we had 4, larger party would work out even cheaper), hit two castles, a gorgeous Bay used in GoT (Princess buses can't get down there), driver bought us some snacks, Giants Causeway for several hours, rope bridge views and so on. Worked out significantly less than a Princess tour would have been, and returned us with time to see the Titanic or GoT exhibits if we'd wanted.. 

Shuttle into City center was £16 return. No port shuttle offered. Disembarked Crown today 

Thank you for detailed info.

48 minutes ago, sotiris said:

Thanks everyone for the information.  I will certainly look into Value Cabs and see what they offer.  The Giants Causeway looks amazing.

Giants Causeway is about an hour away.  You will need an excursion to get there.  We went there last year and it was excellent, we took a private excursion to Giants Causeway, the Carricka Rope Bridge and a couple of other beautiful towns.  I can dig up the name of the tour company if you are interested. The private tour had much smaller vehicles and spent more time at each stop, less $$ ships tour.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We did the BI cruise in June and for the Belfast ship shuttle it was $8pp each way. You could charge it to your cabin either at the shorex desk or they had staff by the busses who just wrote down your name and cabin number and charged it that way. It was very convenient and worth the cost. 

13 hours ago, sotiris said:

We are booked on. British Isles cruise and are starting to plan our excursions. I wondered the cost of the Princess shuttle from the port into Belfast...Thanks for any information.

Sotiris, shuttles usually drop you at the Belfast Welcome Centre on Chichester Street. In case you are ‘in need’, there’s a Timmy’s just down the street to the left. Enjoy...

1 hour ago, Crown Vic said:

Sotiris, shuttles usually drop you at the Belfast Welcome Centre on Chichester Street. In case you are ‘in need’, there’s a Timmy’s just down the street to the left. Enjoy...

It’s good to know that Timmy has made it across the pond.  😃 Double double is becoming known world wide.

Thanks everyone who has replied.  You have given me lots to think about.

Though it was free for some off season cruises, it was definitely not free in June/July last year. At first we didn’t opt for it because we could get a taxi for about the same price but be dropped off exactly where we wanted. It worked well, but for the return, we didn’t like the taxi scene we were seeing, so we just walked to the pickup point for the shuttle and bought one way tickets back. It worked fine. I think the pricing was $8 pp each way or close to that.