Opinions Please 😀

pinkpanther52

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

Just like anywhere else I think I would find most folks on luxury lines to be pretty nice.  It would be interesting to hear more about it from you.

I've found Crystal passengers (the only luxury line I've sailed with at this point) to be generally nice, relaxed, friendly, and decidedly not boastful.  While I may not want to chat with some people I've met because I don't find their interests/personality/politics appealing, I've never met someone who's been bragging about their lifestyle or their money -- yet I hear a lot of non-luxury-line passengers think that bragging (or being demanding of staff) is what most of the passengers on that line do. 

• Thanks 1

Usually Luxury & Premium lines  attract  a more mature  pax

I have  met more  pretentious people on the main stream lines than on our favourite  Premium line

Do not get me wrong there  are some on those lines as well but generally they are well travelled & do not discuss how much they paid for the cruise & how much booze they snuck onboard

Best to try  a luxury or premium line for yourself

JMO

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 6:51 AM, pinkpanther52 said:

Just watched a program on UK TV claiming  that Regents Seven Seas Explorer is the worlds most luxurious cruises ship!!

Agree or disagree??

Does it have to be ocean going because I have seen river cruise ships that are extremely opulent and the services IMO was up there in the luxury range. 

On 8/30/2019 at 6:06 PM, DarrenM said:

I watched this programme. In fact in have watched a few episodes.

This ship looks like my worst nightmare.

Passengers with more money than sense.

Pretentious beyond belief.

Staff believing the hype.

Chefs bragging about how much money they spend on fresh fish etc.

And theres so much more.

It's all relative, and entirely dependent on the lifestyle you live. 

I shudder at the thought of the masses of humanity on the large ships and prefer the small, more intimate ships with meals and service levels more in tune to what I'm used to in my day-to-day life. 

You say it's your worst nightmare, it's possible that the clientele of those ships would consider you their's as a fellow cruiser.

It sounds to me like you might be a wee bit jealous of people who can afford the nicer things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ducklite said:

It sounds to me like you might be a wee bit jealous of people who can afford the nicer things.

Why does someone need to be jealous, only because they don't enjoy the same things as you do? "The nicer things" well that's in the eye of the beholder.

We normaly sail on Royal, but as a Swede the American "in your face-service" took us a long time to get used to. I still can't say that I enjoy it. Last year we "had to" book MSC since Royal wouldn't let my family sail (due to age restrictions). Started to read a lot about MSC before we sailed and a lot of passangers that normaly sail on Royal said that they hated the lack of service.

We sailed two times on MSC last year for a total of 18nts. Even if I prefer Royal compared to MSC, I think that the "we are here if you need us-service" are a lot more appeling and one of the best things about MSC.

My point is that what someone call "the nicer things" isn't the same for everyone.

This thread just reminded me of a story from an all-inclusive resort we went to years ago. My wife and I were enjoying the hot tub when another couple got in, I'm guessing he was 55+ and she was 'maybe' 30. It wasn't long before she started to beg him to stay another week and he said I think three weeks is long enough, lets try another place. Then he added that he needed to get going back to the room so he could check in on all of his companies. The whole time they kept looking at us to see if we were listening. We couldn't help it because of the proximity, but it made for some fun stories later.

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2019 at 9:54 AM, calliopecruiser said:

Wow - you know about the passengers and the staff from just watching a TV show?  I'm gobsmacked at your ability to believe your own hype.  🙂

Typical reverse snobbery - as demonstrated by people who do not want to acknowledge reluctance/inability to pay for a quality experience;  so they denigrate the experience and trash talk the people who happen to want to try it.  The kind of interaction you see in an elementary school playground.