Opinions Please 😀

pinkpanther52

Ditto. The same with any other show or article with lists of "best of..."  The criteria are likely arbitrary and unlikely to coincide with my preferences or priorities.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

I watched this programme. In fact in have watched a few episodes.

This ship looks like my worst nightmare.

Passengers with more money than sense.

Pretentious beyond belief.

Staff believing the hype.

Chefs bragging about how much money they spend on fresh fish etc.

And theres so much more.

• Like 1

It comes down too what you perceive as luxury.

Is the most luxurious... having a huge cabin... having the best food and wine....

staff whom can predict what you would like.....

try a private yacht..

Or is it some cooking for you every meal, making your bed, cleaning your cabin daily,

bring you drink..... ( I think it is call a cruise )

Cheers Don

ps do I agree or disagreed ? neither and I don't think Regent is our fit,

we are more princess people

Edited by getting older slowly
add answer

I had lunch on board Seven Seas Voyager one day, a few yrs. ago

and was struck by the boring decor: Couldn't believe how bland!

Mind you, I'm a Carnival kinda guy

-so we're talking opposite ends of the decor scale

not that Farcus decor is desirable, it's not!

Voyager-271.jpg

18 hours ago, pinkpanther52 said:

Just watched a program on UK TV claiming  that Regents Seven Seas Explorer is the worlds most luxurious cruises ship!!

Agree or disagree??

compared to what ?  Carnival, RCL, Viking ..... then I would say yes.  A plus, I do see they are all inclusive. 

Edited by c-boy

Ever notice how many articles on line will start with phrases like:

• The hidden truth....
  • The top....
  • The best...
  • 20 ridiculous things that...
  • What you need to know before...
  • The top mistakes that _______ make...
  • Don't ______ before you read_____.
  • Top 10 inside tips for ______.

It is all based on common search terms from Mother Google. TV shows do the same. Like local TV news promoting the hot news stories during your favorite show and when you watch the news there is nothing more than the promo's.

Clicks and eyeballs.

I would be curious to know if there was any $$$ influence for the wonderful "reporting" on the show OP asked about. The U.S "Travel Channel" is notorious for becoming an infomercial.

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

Most people don't realize that the majority of "opinions" you find on tv, were things that they were told to say. Usually for money reasons.

I read an article on how fake reality shows are. For example a Florida fishing guide was hired by the Discovery channel for "Shark Week". He was amazed at all the staging/faking that they wanted him to do, including letting a shark bite him. He told the producer to go first and then he will think about it.

On 8/30/2019 at 6:06 PM, DarrenM said:

watched this programme. In fact in have watched a few episodes.

This ship looks like my worst nightmare.

Passengers with more money than sense.

Pretentious beyond belief.

Staff believing the hype.

Wow - you know about the passengers and the staff from just watching a TV show?  I'm gobsmacked at your ability to believe your own hype.  🙂

• Like 1

My boss (before retirement) will only sail Regent Seven Seas.  She and her family love it.  Princess suits me. 

Limitless over-priced wine, marble bathrooms and intuitive service do not say "luxurious" to me.

My basic view is sailing anywhere on any ship of any line is, in and of itself, luxurious enough for me.  And I really don't need someone to anticipate my every desire before I even raise my finger and say "Excuse me, waiter".  Frankly such a thing comes across as a little creepy, LOL.  Guess I don't qualify as high class.

This conversation reminds me of when my wife and I had our first butler at Sandals. I got the room because it had an awesome balcony and a full bar setup (that's actually the biggest reason), not for the butler. We were lucky that we had a very good butler and he gently told not to help him do his job. God it was so hard. But eventually we "figured it out." 😉
Unfortunately that level of butler service went away and we stopped going to Sandals. The prices went up and the service went down.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:51 PM, pinkpanther52 said:

Just watched a program on UK TV claiming  that Regents Seven Seas Explorer is the worlds most luxurious cruises ship!!

Agree or disagree??

I would agree that it is pretty luxurious.  Most luxurious -- I'll never know which ship is the most luxurious.  😀😀

Wow, I'm finding all your comments so interesting!  I think many of you don't really understand what a luxury cruise line offers to make it a "luxury" line, nor what the passengers on luxury cruise lines are like.  I'm willing to bet most of your expectations are wrong, but - since I'm a luxury line cruiser - I doubt you'd believe me, LOL.

• Like 3

On 9/1/2019 at 2:54 PM, calliopecruiser said:

Wow - you know about the passengers and the staff from just watching a TV show?  I'm gobsmacked at your ability to believe your own hype.  🙂

Of course I believe my own hype. I am DarrenM.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

Wow, I'm finding all your comments so interesting!  I think many of you don't really understand what a luxury cruise line offers to make it a "luxury" line, nor what the passengers on luxury cruise lines are like.  I'm willing to bet most of your expectations are wrong, but - since I'm a luxury line cruiser - I doubt you'd believe me, LOL.

What's the word from a luxury line cruiser? Is  Seven Seas Explorer® the most luxurious cruise ship ever built? It looks like it could be.

23 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

Just like anywhere else I think I would find most folks on luxury lines to be pretty nice.  It would be interesting to hear more about it from you.   Sadly, some CC members lay the pretensions on pretty thick which is going to be a turn off for many.  

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 10:51 PM, pinkpanther52 said:

Agree or disagree??

Might be, but it's not what I'm looking for.

But I have found out that what I'm looking for change as time goes by. One day maybe, but then I won't be able to afford it 😂