Just re-fared thanks to 3 for Free, but didn't save as much as in the past

CineGraphic

I just re-fared our October 2020 sailing on the Grand with the current 3 For Free promo.

After all is said and done, the savings were not as good as they were in the past. Our fare went up, but not as much as what we're receiving in return.

I used to get excited when I could re-fare and save a few sheckles, this time it's more like, "Meh".

• Like 3

Well you saved a little;  I could not use this 3 for free; because my cabin is not available; and there are no other similar cabins available; so I have to stick with my current pricing.  Not a big deal

13 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Were you able to get the 3FF with refundable deposit? And if so, did you have to pay a higher fare? 

Yes....it's refundable.

My agent told me that the price difference between the refundable and non-refundable fares was minimal.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BoopTennis said:

I checked with Princess and the refundable fare for my booking on the 3 for free promo was $50 higher than the non refundable fare on the Website

I should clarify the refundable price was $50 PER PERSON higher than the non refundable. $100 per cabin. 

1 hour ago, BoopTennis said:

I should clarify the refundable price was $50 PER PERSON higher than the non refundable. $100 per cabin. 

That's up there.  What type of cabin?  I noticed on a Caribbean trip I looked at that the Insides were priced identically and the RD Balconies were $30/pp more.

I have a Tahiti on the Star booked for 2021.

The posted price was $1 more than what I paid (inside aft). Asked the TA how much the refundable fare would be. Instead of letting me decide, she refared it for me.

I'm not complaining because the refundable fare was only $31 more. The insurance went down a couple of bucks AND I got the $100pp OBC and grats paid.

The whole thing put me at about $1000 ahead.

Works for me!:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

There was a $70. per person difference on the non-refundable vs. refundable option for our deluxe balcony in Alaska next summer under the 3 for Free, a savings of $660. or $520. (plus we’ll get the pre-paid gratuities and OBC). We’re trying to decide which to take. This is our first experience with non-refundable/refundable. What would you do? If we take the non-refundable and cancel I accept that we won’t get cash back but can we apply the deposit to another cruise or do we totally lose the deposit which will be about $700.?

My Panama Canal booking (promotion=1 category upgrade) was $200pp more with a refundable deposit. And believe me, it was a hassle booking this. My TA & 2 Princess reps could only sell it to me with a non refundable deposit. Supervisor made an exception for me.  All 3 told me if I used my FCD it would be refunded under the non refundable deposit promotion, but they would not put that on my confirmation.  So, that is why I'm paying $200 more for a refundable deposit.

9 hours ago, sboh said:

There was a $70. per person difference on the non-refundable vs. refundable option for our deluxe balcony in Alaska next summer under the 3 for Free, a savings of $660. or $520. (plus we’ll get the pre-paid gratuities and OBC). We’re trying to decide which to take. This is our first experience with non-refundable/refundable. What would you do? If we take the non-refundable and cancel I accept that we won’t get cash back but can we apply the deposit to another cruise or do we totally lose the deposit which will be about $700.?

Very few report success in getting a NRD changed to a different cruise. If you don't have a $100 Future Cruise Deposit, IMHO take the refundable. Seventy dollars is nothing compared to the risk of losing a full deposit.

• Like 2