Can I get my YETI 18oz tumbler filled with juice at the bar with the Cheers pack?

Lesliekelle13

So I am going to bring my Yeti 18oz  tumbler in general. But my question is, since I bought the Cheers Package, can I just hand them my 18 oz Yeti tumbler to fill with juice/soda (obviously probably not alcoholic drinks) or will I just need to grab the plastic cups they will serve it in and dump it in my tumbler? 

Last time my friend and I bought bought the souvineer(sp?) Carnival tumblers and I know we were allowed to have those directly filled, but we both would prefer to use our Yeti Tumblers this time around.

1 hour ago, Purvis1231 said:

It depends on the bartender some will not refill a customers glass but I never had them refuse to fill my Carnival cup.  Generally juice is served in an 8oz glass- soda a 12 to 16 oz glass. 

I get BB and always carry a 20oz lidded tumbler on our cruises and have never had a bartender refuse to fill it.

Also, I generally request they go light on the ice. 
Sometimes they fill it all the way up (which means using a second can) sometimes they only use one.
But I also tip a buck or two the first few times I visit a station, and after that they never have any problems.

Be friendly and visit the same station and same bartender if possible, give them an extra tip a couple of times and establish a rapport and you shouldn't have any issues.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Lesliekelle13 said:

So I am going to bring my Yeti 18oz  tumbler in general. But my question is, since I bought the Cheers Package, can I just hand them my 18 oz Yeti tumbler to fill with juice/soda (obviously probably not alcoholic drinks) or will I just need to grab the plastic cups they will serve it in and dump it in my tumbler? 

Last time my friend and I bought bought the souvineer(sp?) Carnival tumblers and I know we were allowed to have those directly filled, but we both would prefer to use our Yeti Tumblers this time around.

Simple answer is. YES!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, coevan said:

What is the obsession with Yetis? They 3x as much as similar thermoses which work just as well. We bought a 20 oz cold/hot thermos at Walmart for $10 been using it for years. 

I ask my wife that all the time and just get a scornful stare back.  Seriously she has Yeti containers in 5 different colors!  I have something similar I got free from work that works just as well.  I offered to get one for her, but was told it "isn't the same!" 

• Like 1

I'm thinking all of those types of mugs: Yeti, Ozark Mountain, RTSC and others, are made by the same Chinese company with no difference in any of them with the only difference being the name imprinted on them. That's how I see it and I'm unanimous in my decision. 😎 

• Like 1

Back to topic.   I thought juice like orange and passion-guava and then lemonade and iced tea were available for free on the Lido.  They recommend you use the plastic cups to obtain the juice and then put it in your own container.

Easy to do. Don't need Cheers. Don't need a bartender. 

Soda is a different story.

• Thanks 1

I fill my own cup up with ice on lido and then ask for my drinks without ice from the bartender, then pour it into the cup.  

I prefer the SWIG brand because they have smaller, sleeker bases so i can hold it better. 

Not really cheaper than YETI, works great!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, coevan said:

What is the obsession with Yetis? They 3x as much as similar thermoses which work just as well. We bought a 20 oz cold/hot thermos at Walmart for $10 been using it for 

I actually got a yeti because:

-The only thing I drink is water, and with the water taste around my area combined with the metal of the Walmart Ozark cups, the water tastes weird.It also might just be my taste buds. Not sure. Plus my old ozark had paint chips coming off and getting into the water. And chips came off in the dishwasher, my yeti is completely dishwasher safe.

-Ozark didn't have any size smaller then 24oz in the vacuum sealed bottles with the handle screw on lids. I lose things easily, so I like having a place to attach it to my bag.Also I needed 18oz to be able to fit that particular type of bottle in my car cup holder snug and fit, the 24 oz doesn't fit in my particular cup holders, plus I have a habit of spilling things so, screw top lid is great. That's why I don't have a regular Yeti type tumbler with the see through lid and the wider top.

-My friend and I got Yetis also cause we plan to try to sneak wine off the ship into grand cayman and go to the public beach, so you can't have that see through lid that's on non- vacuum sealed water bottles, so that reason along with those above made Yetis a good fit for us. 

-Ozark is fantastic on keeping things cold, I just needed something that would fit my needs a little bit more.Thats all.I still recommend the Ozark tumblers!

11 minutes ago, Lesliekelle13 said:

I actually got a yeti because:

-The only thing I drink is water, and with the water taste around my area combined with the metal of the Walmart Ozark cups, the water tastes weird.It also might just be my taste buds. Not sure. Plus my old ozark had paint chips coming off and getting into the water. And chips came off in the dishwasher, my yeti is completely dishwasher safe.

-Ozark didn't have any size smaller then 24oz in the vacuum sealed bottles with the handle screw on lids. I lose things easily, so I like having a place to attach it to my bag.Also I needed 18oz to be able to fit that particular type of bottle in my car cup holder snug and fit, the 24 oz doesn't fit in my particular cup holders, plus I have a habit of spilling things so, screw top lid is great. That's why I don't have a regular Yeti type tumbler with the see through lid and the wider top.

-My friend and I got Yetis also cause we plan to try to sneak wine off the ship into grand cayman and go to the public beach, so you can't have that see through lid that's on non- vacuum sealed water bottles, so that reason along with those above made Yetis a good fit for us. 

-Ozark is fantastic on keeping things cold, I just needed something that would fit my needs a little bit more.Thats all.I still recommend the Ozark tumblers!

You were doing so well with your Yeti justification - until that last part.  Funny how brutal honesty will very shortly unleash brutal honesty.

• Haha 2