First Time in a Crown Loft Suite.... AMAZING!!!

mbjboyle

Watch out OP.  We tried one a few years ago and was wowed instantly.  Since then whenever we cruise Oasis class it has been cls only.  This can start to hurt your wallet pretty easily 😃

Wallet thanks me that we are not sailing Oasis class this year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, frank808 said:

Watch out OP.  We tried one a few years ago and was wowed instantly.  Since then whenever we cruise Oasis class it has been cls only.  This can start to hurt your wallet pretty easily 😃

Wallet thanks me that we are not sailing Oasis class this year. 

Hi Frank,

Totally agree with your comments. Sailed in our 1st Crown Loft in 2012. Has been our cabin of choice since then. This year have sailed or will sail in Crown Lofts 8 times.  Have 3 booked for 2020.

Hope to sail with Cindy, Hunter and you again in the near future.

45 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

Which cabin was it? 

1734. It was over the Boardwalk so could watch the divers practice in the Aqua Theater. We thought we would absolutely HATE the aft facing lofts. In fact, I almost didn't bid on a CL suite just because I was afraid we would get one. And low and behold, our bid was accepted and it was for one of the back lofts. But we found out that we actually enjoy people watching and the views behind the boat in the ports were spectacular.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cured said:

1734. It was over the Boardwalk so could watch the divers practice in the Aqua Theater. We thought we would absolutely HATE the aft facing lofts. In fact, I almost didn't bid on a CL suite just because I was afraid we would get one. And low and behold, our bid was accepted and it was for one of the back lofts. But we found out that we actually enjoy people watching and the views behind the boat in the ports were spectacular.  

We booked one for Oasis Aug. 2020. We had an aft CL on anthem, from a royal up bid. We wanted an aft on Oasis but were worried about the noise. We booked 1754.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

We booked one for Oasis Aug. 2020. We had an aft CL on anthem, from a royal up bid. We wanted an aft on Oasis but were worried about the noise. We booked 1754.

We are August on the Oasis too 🙂  

We were surprised at the lack of noise when the balcony door was closed.  Very quiet. And the noise when on the balcony was no different than if we were sitting on one of the decks.  We were concerned before we boarded but found it was a non-issue.

1 minute ago, cured said:

We are August on the Oasis too 🙂  

We were surprised at the lack of noise when the balcony door was closed.  Very quiet. And the noise when on the balcony was no different than if we were sitting on one of the decks.  We were concerned before we boarded but found it was a non-issue.

We are Aug 16, you? 

5 hours ago, cured said:

We prefer rear facing cls for the people watching also.  I can just stay home and watch the ocean from my lanai if that is what i want to do.  But i know a lot of cruisers that only like the side facing cls.  That is the beauty of cruising, something for everyone.

17 hours ago, I_r_a said:

For what one has to pay for this suite, why does one have to climb stairs?

Ira

You cannot imagine the wonderful experience it is to have the crown loft suite!  The view to die for- the steps aren't steep and well worth the walk to view the two story sea view, storage other amenities-we were also very close to the suite lounge and restaurant- we like to have the ocean side view vs the ship aft view crown loft suite.  The two bathrooms are worth walking up a flight of stairs for- do not understand why the owners suite sometimes costs more.

Obviously,  if you are handicapped and cannot walk up stairs the crown loft suite will not work.  But if you aren't you will have a wonderful experience!  We have had owners and grandsuites on many Royal ships- but absolutely nothing compares to the Crown loft- IMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

There is one HA CL that has an elevator. We've found that once the GS category sells out, the CL price tends to drop.

Yes, I do recall one has a chair elevator-  Scheduled to sail on the Harmony again in January, but due to a very expensive 2020 coming up- didn't book one-  Will try to bid if the price isn't crazy for a CLS.  

But it is so much better the one oversized cabin.  When  we were in a grand suite- on the allure,  I kept on walking into the oversized coffee table in the living room -ish area.  If I ever get one again, will ask the butler to remove it.

16 minutes ago, fscool said:

Crown Loft Suites are Sky Class in terms of Suites services right?  Deluxe Beverage Package is not included, right?

16 minutes ago, fscool said:

Crown Loft Suites are Sky Class in terms of Suites services right?  Deluxe Beverage Package is not included, right?

Correct.  However you are next to the Suite lounge and have all day access to bottled water, soda and I believe wine by the glass.  At cocktail hour (I believe 5-8) you get free alcoholic beverages.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:25 PM, tennislvr8 said:

Having done both, we prefer the ocean view instead of the sports courts, zip line, and flow riders. I'll admit it was a little interesting for the first couple of days but generally we're not people watchers and prefer the sound of the waves to the deck music.

Here's a few aft facing CL views on Oasis from 2017 :classic_smile: 

We really enjoyed it (didn't notice too much noise) but lately seem to be only booking GS for some reason - I really need to revisit my bucket list and make some changes LOL.

From balcony center aft view, to the right is Mini Golf, to the left is Sports Court

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG